Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sankara Subbu SaravananYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Excellent doctor who changed my dad life and created a new path for him and my family. Thank you doctor. Continue your service endless service.
Really good, friendly, quick diagnosing ability...............
I am two month pregnant. My wait is increasing very rapidly. And my tummy becomes out in two months like 3-4 months. Har koi khne lga h ki abi se itna tummy dikhta h. I am in tension. How I manage my wait now a days. Can you please suggest any helpful ideas and diet chart for pregnant lady which can help to maintain weight and also good for baby. My fat deposits on thigh, Upper arms, waist, Upper back. I can't wear my old dresses.
I used to read many incest sex stories. After that I felt guilty and tried to forget about that but it captures my mind. Now I think any thing that particular stories come to my mind and I got depressed. Please help me sir.
I have headache bodyache and severe fever along with cough and chest pain. Please help me out Thanks.
My husband is 31 years old, he has a very stressful job, lately he is under lot of mental stress. And gets breathless quiet often. What could be the possible reason.
Dear Lybrate. Help me out. How can I concentrate in my studies. I can't remember properly what I heard in yesterday's class, but I know what exactly it mean and I can't able to think do same thing next day. How to increase my memory power. Thanks.
Hi I am 24 years old and I have noticed that I am losing sense of time, my stereoscopic vision and my concentration too and I always feel tired I don't know what it is I want to get normal again please help.
Hello Dr. I need help of psychologist Dr. Um me sensitive type ka person hu me and apko to pata hi hoga ki Maharashtra mai caste regarding kitne issues hai. Nd I belongs to SC caste. sensitive hone ke karan me Jo bhi kaam karta hu dilse karta hu. To like you know ab mujhe ise problem ho rahi hai. Means like me abhi bohot ghusa karne laga hu. Mujhe mere pe ghusa aaya ki tu itna shant kyu hai like mujhe kisiko hurt karna acha nahi lagta but caste incident se mai thoda disturb feel karta hu. Abhi esa lagta hai ki apne aapko badal du ek ache person se worst Pearson mai. So Dr. help me disturb hu bohot. And nervous too.
I have mild shin pain but when I run pain goes off automatic but after running pains again start mildly so please suggest. Am preparing for police recruitment my physical test is in October.
Hi, I am in love with a man for last three years. Parents fixed our marriage. But recently he is changing a lot, I can't accept him in his new character. I love him a lot. He seems to be very selfish. I am very sincere to him. Please suggest me some ways to recover i am mentally very down.
I'm 20 years old. I seem to be a nervous patient. When I was younger, I concentrate to my studies & somebody's lectures without any worry. But nowadays I have shaken fingers. I feel very uneasy in my neck, as the nerves in it sounds when I nod it. Always feel tensed or nervous. I'm in serious problem. Pls help me to recover my health.
Parkinson's disease affects the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but there is a decrease in a chemical called dopamine in the brains of people with Parkinson's. There is no cure for Parkinson's, but it often progresses slowly and the signs can be managed.
The 4 most common signs of Parkinson's are:
- tremors or shaking when at rest
- muscle stiffness
- slowed movement or problems starting a movement
- problems with balance and movement
As these signs worsen, you may also have trouble walking, talking, swallowing or doing simple tasks such as bathing or dressing. As the disease progresses, other signs such as pain, bowel or bladder problems and sleep problems may occur.
When you start to show signs of this disease, you should consult a neurologist for diagnosis and start medicines. Then you should consult a physiatrist or rehabilitation physician for making rehabilitation plan to prevent early onset of disability. Rehabilitation plan contains medicines, physical therapy or specific exercises, occupation-specific advises brace, etc.
The physical therapist can help you learn exercises that can help you with movements.
You may need to work with your neurologist or physiatrist to make adjustments in your medicines to keep your signs controlled. Over time, many people have side effects from the medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease. You may also need occupational therapy or speech therapy to deal with signs as the disease progresses. As your signs get worse, surgery may be an option to reduce tremors.
Things you can do to manage your signs:
- walk slowly with a straight posture and with your legs further apart.
- Think about taking big steps to help keep your steps more normal.
- use a 4-prong cane or a walker if needed.
- if you become stuck or freeze in one place, rock gently from side to side or pretend to step over an object on the floor.
- place tape strips on the floor to guide you through your house.
- Remove area rugs and furniture from your walking path.
- stand up from a chair or bed slowly to avoid feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
When using the bathroom
install grab bars on the walls beside toilets and inside showers and bathtubs to help you stand up.
- use a shower chair inside the shower.
- install an elevated toilet seat to make standing up easier after using the toilet.
- shave with an electric razor.
- wear loafers or shoes with velcro.
- wear simple dresses or pants with elastic waistbands such as sweatpants.
When eating or drinking:
- use a cup with a large handle to make it easier to hold.
- use a bowl instead of a plate to limit spills and make it easier to scoop up food.
- Work closely with your rehabilitation team to manage your signs of Parkinson's disease. Rehabilitation can significantly improve your quality of life.
Anxiety, tiredness in day time, no concentration, depression, bad mood, memory loss what I have to do for this problem.
Sir, mujhe kuchh padhne ya jyada baat karne par forehead ke beech m pain hota h or headache bhi hone lagta h. Mai jab computer ya books se study karta hu to headache hone lagta hai or gastric banna suru ho jati h. M mind ka koi bhi kaam karta hu to stress feel hone lagta hai. Mind m thinking or tension bani rahti h. Negative thinking bahut rahti h. Kisi bhi kam m mann nahi lagta. Mne ayurvedic treatment karwaya jisse mujhe fayada hua lekin puri tarah se abhi thik nahi hu. Please consult me about this problem. I have this problem since 2 years.
Hi sir I have to quit smoking. I am a chain smoker but now I have breathing problems so I want to quit any suggestion or medicine.
We all look for someone with whom we can be ourselves and can share everything with them. An active sexual life is very essential for a smooth, happy relationship. Usually over a period of time, sexual relationship between partners becomes a routine and unfulfilling.
Here are 5 tips you can follow in order to not only enjoy and maintain a passionate sex life, but also to grow closer in your marriage:
- Appreciate each other: You can show appreciation to your partner in many ways. Tell your partner how beautiful they are. There is no bigger turn-on than telling your partner how beautiful they feel while making out. Surprise them with flowers or love notes. Appreciate the little things you do for each other as it is the small things that matter.
- Sex and Intimacy: Physical touch is very important to maintain a connection with your partner, but so is love and respect. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should also remember that intimacy does not pertain only to the bedroom. Make it a daily habit to kiss, touch and tell your partner that you love them.
- Listen to each other: It is very important in a relationship to listen to each other and make your presence felt. Do not always counter your partner or be disrespectful. Talk about your likes and dislikes, both in terms of life and your sexual preferences. Adapting to each other and feeling comfortable with each other is the key to maintaining continued passion in your sex life.
- Laugh together and make efforts: Your partner is your most trusted companion. You might love them, but don't forget to like them. Treat your partner with the same politeness, courtesy, and respect as you would treat your dearest friend. Little things like dinner together, a shower together can be great boosters, so never ignore them. All you need is to make some effort.
- Be playful and unpredictable: Always maintain a relationship with dominant playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Have sex on your rooftop; experiment with role plays and sex toys. Sex is incomplete if not accompanied with laughter and fun. Following a same routine everyday would surely make your sex life boring, make unpredictable moves, which have got something new to add new life to your sexual relationship. Your relationship will remain fresh as ever.
Sharing your precious moments with the one you love would keep the spark in your relationship alive. All you need to do is, make some effort and enjoy a strong and passionate sex life.