Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sankara Subbu SaravananYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Excellent doctor who changed my dad life and created a new path for him and my family. Thank you doctor. Continue your service endless service.
Really good, friendly, quick diagnosing ability...............
If someone says anything that I don't like, either I don't answer keep on thinking about it every time or sometimes I answer then also my mind is preoccupied thinking I was too harsh. Most of the times I don't stay happy bcz of this.
Hello doctors. Please tell me how to ignore unwanted thoughts (questions regarded God). Whenever I ignore and just leaves the thought I feels uncomfortable and when I just try to solve it I keep going into the thoughts and at last it puts me in depression.
I am 21 years old. I have very bad experience of past. I want to forget some memories. And some person to. Memories and person. Both are very hard to forget. These make me anger, anxiety, and less sleep also.
Hello sir. I am very frustrated about my life, I am 29 years old male can't achieved anything in my life. Due to fear, anxiety and shyness. I am b. Tech graduate in 2015. But still jobless due to these bad things. When I target some goal but after some time surrounding by other and fail. Due to laziness. Never be conscious. About my life. Due to laziness and anxiety. Going in past and spoil my life.
Dear Sir, I m 46 years old suffering from anxiety and depression since last five years, I m on medication of psychiatrist but no improvement, my main problem is loss of Appetite, no desire to eat due to anxiety, consult physician, done all reports, reports found normal, physician said its due to psychological problem, taking psychiatric medicines since last five years but not improved situation, stomach also remains upset all the time suffering from gas, constipation, loose motion daily (only once) Please help me, what should I do?
Hello, I'm mentally distorted. I can't think what I am, what I want, for what I'm made? I life is full of confusions and I have no solution of them. I can't focus on anything. I always thinks about these questions but can't find any answers. Please help me to escape from these confusions. Thank you.
The human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.