Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SanjeeviYour feedback matters!
Hai my baby s 6 weeks old. Earlier continues three days he passed a motion in a yellowish watery type. From yesterday onwards he didn't passed the motion. He s struggling a lot to pass t. He s releasing a gas a lot. Please advice. Is it normal.
My 17 months old baby girl is not able to speak clearly. She responds when we call her but her voice is not clear. She speaks loudly but unclear. Please help.
Hello mam. My baby has completed her two months but she is breastfeeding I want to know my proper diet what to eat or what to not for her better development please help me as me and her stomach not well we both passes gas so much.
My son is 1.5 years old. His weight is only 9.5 kg. Pls suggest how should increase his weight. His height is 78' and he's a active child. His birth weight was 3.6 kg.
My son, 5, is falling ill every 7th or 10th day since last November. Shown doctors but still he is like that only. What should I do?
At the point when your child is around six months old, you can acquaint him with a variety of foods. Giving your child a solid, balanced diet will guarantee he has the vitamins and supplements he/she needs to develop.
Do not get into the easy trap of feeding junk to make the kids happy. Never give your child foods that are high in sugar or salt. These foods are low in vital supplements and it's easy for your child to feel full after eating them, leaving less space for healthy meals.
So which foods and drinks should you limit as your baby grows?
Below is the list of the worst foods to feed your child.
1. Crisps and Crackers: Crisps and crackers are typically high in salt. Babies require just a little measure of salt: under 1g (0.4g sodium) a day until they are 12 months old. Your child's kidneys can't adapt to more salt than this, so it’s best to avoid crisps and crackers.
2. Fizzy Drinks: These beverages come with zero health benefits, and their acidic nature can harm your infant's developing teeth. Also some fizzy beverages contain caffeine, which can make your child jittery and disturb his/her sleeping patterns, giving him/her a headache as a result.
All your infant needs to drink is milk. Likewise, sugary beverages are high in calories, and can make your child overweight in toddlerhood, if given to him/her regularly.
3. Fruit Juice: Fruit juice may sound like something very healthy. However, it's advised not to give your infant fruit juice for the same reason as you should avoid soft drinks and sodas. Fruit juices are high in natural sugars and are acidic, which means they can harm your infant's teeth.
Water and breastmilk are the most suitable beverages for your infant until he's one year old.
Milk contains essential minerals and vitamins, for example, calcium, vitamin B2, and vitamin B12, which are essential for your baby’s proper growth and development.
4. Sweets and Chocolates: High sugar foods such as desserts and chocolates means are best avoided. Sugar creates acid in your child’s mouth and attacks his enamel, causing cavities and consequently tooth decay.
However, if you want to give your child sweets, feed them to him/her during meal time. The amount of saliva in the mouths increases while eating a meals. Saliva, being a natural antiseptic, neutralises the effects of the enamel attacking acid produced by these sugary delights.
Colicky babies frequently draw up their knees up to the stomach and cry out, as if in pain or bend their back in the shape of an arch, clenching wrists hard
Colic cry: Too much irritability, excessive crying which tends to peak towards the evening, painful cry that is difficult to console. They may wake up abruptly and start crying
Always BURP the baby after every feed for 5-10min. Put them on shoulder in such a way that tummy presses on your shoulder, with your help, give a massage in a circular motion on the baby’s back with intermittent pressure and pat from in an upwards fashion
Warm water against belly: Fill a bottle with lukewarm water and wrap it in a towel. Give a gentle massage with it on the belly
Gentle massage: During body massage at the time of bath, apply oil on the tummy, and give a clockwise massage 3 times around the abdomen. Once done, flex the hips and gently press against abdomen, to release any gas accumulated
Make them lie on tummy across your lap and gently apply pressure on their back. (Clockwise movements upwards and then pat upwards)
You could also make the baby lie on their tummy across your tummy, in such a way that the baby’s tummy presses on yours and gently massage on their back
Rocking soothes babies: Hug them close to your chest and your heartbeat. Try gently bouncing up and down in this position while hugging your baby close
Avoid cows milk: Cows milk can be given, once the baby completes 1 year
Offer pacifier or allow baby to suck on her finger by gently putting it in the baby’s mouth
Bottle fed baby has tendency to get colic: Initially dilute the feed and try to increase the amount slowly
Nursing mums should avoid over spicy food, coffee, alcohol etc. Also avoid irregular feed timings. Try to reduce egg and fish in the nursing mother’s diet. Check out your daily food and correlate with baby’s colic. Choose your diet accordingly
Six S’s to be thought off:
2) Shooshing loudly in baby’s ear (similar to sound of running water, working vacuum, etc.)
3) Side laying
4) Stomach across forearm or lap
5) Swinging or rocking baby
6) Sucking Pacifier
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
SCOPE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathy prescribes on symptoms in each individual case rather than on a general basis
Homoeopathy has excellent remedies for colic babies, which also helps in curing conditions such as assimilation and indigestion
It helps to improve the immature digestive system.
Totally free of side-effects
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
For queries feel free to send me private message.
My baby boy is now 6 years Old and he is suffer from belly pain for several time. What can I do for him?
Scabies is a highly infectious disease, which is caused by very tiny wingless insects called the Human itch mite or scabies mite. The insect lays 1 to 3 eggs daily after burrowing into the skin. A small, almost invisible blister is formed on the area. You might also feel an urge to itch especially at night, which would likely cause a red rash to form on the scratched area. Sides of fingers, in between the fingers, the back of your hands, the wrists, elbow, and armpits are the common areas where scabies affect. It is generally spread when you come in close contact to any infected person or their belongings. Scabies can occur at any age, but is most common among children.
Treating scabies with homeopathy:
Homeopathy, due to its safe and natural medicines are the best alternative in treating scabies. It attacks the infection at the roots and does not let it reappear. Here given below are some of the best homeopathic remedies:
- Sulphur: If you are suffering from a recurrent or suppressed form of scabies, Sulphur is one of the best remedy for you. You might feel an intense urge to scratch the area, which worsens with when washed and exposed to heat. Your skin might be extremely sensitive to air, wind as well as washing.
- Causticum: If you have scabies in the folds of the skin and between the thighs, causticum works well for you. Intense itching, scratching and soreness are some of the symptoms you experience.
- Arsenic Album: The infection occurs in the bend of your knees and it could be dry as well as full of small pustules. You may experience itching and a burning sensation around the area. Application of cold water may also make you feel better. These symptoms are well treated with Arsenic Album.
- Sepia: It is one of the best homeopathic remedy if you have scabies, and scratching the area as much as it feels, would not give you any kind of relief. Your skin might turn pinkish and the condition worsens when exposed to open air. You may also feel better in a warm room.
- Psorinum: You can opt for this medicine if you have any past history of scabies. If your infection has not been properly cured, it can result into internal infection e.g., asthma, heart ailments etc. You might not want to stop itching until your skin starts bleeding. You may feel better if you lie down for some time.