Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeetha Nandakumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha NandakumarYour feedback matters!
Hiii! Meri doctor ne mujhe Medroxyprogesterone 10 mg di suggest ki hai for missed period. 3 days .3 tablet for each day. Total 10 tablets .when my period comes after taking this?
Marriage k 7 mnth bad mere tummy bahr a gyi hai na pregnancy ho ri to can you tell me me kon c exercise kru me fast food bi n kbi khata fr b aisa ho gya.
I had unprotected intercourse with my partner as we are not planning for children I ejaculated on her vagina. Are there any chances of getting pregnancy.
It’s been long known about the numerous health benefits of beetroot. Surprisingly though, beetroot has some not-so-known qualities such as increasing stamina, removing skin blemishes and increasing the glow of the face. Apart from this, it can fetch benefits to the skin, hair and the overall health. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of beetroot consumption in vivid detail.
- Reduces the impact of aging: Beetroot being a great antioxidant successfully blocks free radicals and helps to fight the symptoms of aging. All it requires is a medium slice beetroot. The juice should be extracted from it and the pulp needs to be removed. The juice then could be applied to the face using cotton balls. Applying this simple solution once in a week can fetch dramatic results.
- Reduces blemish and pigmentation: Beetroot is one of the few vegetables that have a large amount of vitamin C embedded in it. It helps the skin to retain its original color, reduces blemishes and pigmentation. 3-4 cubes of beetroot serving twice a week should do the trick.
- Hair loss: Beetroot is a great source of food to stay away from hair loss. Being a good source of potassium, beetroot can prevent hair loss and enhance hair growth. A weekly serving of 3-4 cube of beetroot over a span of few months will show visible results.
- Improves liver function: Beetroot contains glutathione that is known to be a great agent for the liver. It acts as a detox diet and helps in functioning of the liver. This liver, in turn, helps the body to detox. Beetroot also helps in the regeneration of cells of the liver.
- Boost hemoglobin: Beetroot is an excellent source of iron and folate. These are the nutrients that are required for the body to maintain an adequate amount of hemoglobin in the body. A deficiency in the hemoglobin level can lead to anemia. Regular consumption of beetroot can ensure that a person refrains from deadly diseases such as anemia.
- Fight inflammation: Some typical symptoms of inflammation include infection, trauma etc. This is a sign of the immune system not acting efficiently against sudden panic. Some typical symptoms include pain, redness, swelling etc. Beetroot in known to have a super-efficient anti-inflammatory response. Injection of beetroot is often suggested by medical practitioners.
- Cancer prevention: Beetroot can elevate the level of oxygen in the blood. Since cancer cells are acidic in nature, beetroot can successfully neutralize them due to its alkaline nature. Owing to this anti-cancer properties, oncologists often suggests the intake of beetroot juice on a regular basis to patients suffering from liver, rectal, colon and various other types of cancer. 2 glasses of beetroot juice are often recommended for cancer patients.
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help.
Dear sir, Pls suggest what is the good time of remove coperti for taking pregnancy. Bcz my wife use Coperty but now we want a baby so pls suggest when we remove coperti from the time of menses.
I am 32 year old female. I am unmarried. This time I get my periods in between the cycle. I am feeling very uneasy .having backache and full body and lower abdominal pain. Is this serious or normal. I am afraid. please suggest n tell solution n medicine.
My girlfriend had her last period on 21st August and on 25th we were at my place and had fun but not sex and there was no ejaculation or penetration anything and now she is late for her periods what it can be. And she was having white discharge for 2 days (from 07th September to 9th September) it was normal white sticky ones. What can be the reason for late periods?
Now-a-days green tea is considered to be a healthier option and is preferred over regular tea/ coffee or other beverages. Green tea is to be had without any milk or sugar. A little honey can be added, if necessary. It has lower caffeine content than any other beverages. Therefore, it is believed to have a number of health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of green tea and more reasons to ditch the good old tea:
- It aids in weight loss
Good news for all those who are trying to lose weight. Switching to green tea from your regular beverages can help you in losing weight.
The components of green tea help in burning fat, increasing metabolism, help your body absorb less dietary fat, regulate blood sugar levels. Hence, green tea aids in weight loss.
2. Keeps skin healthy
Since green tea contains lots of antioxidants, it helps in keeping the skin healthy. It helps in delaying the aging process. It also protects the skin from sun damage.Antioxidants being good for the skin, drinking green tea has lots of benefits for the skin.
3. Improves brain function
Drinking green tea improves brain function. It makes you more alert since it contains caffeine, but not as much caffeine as in coffee. It makes your brain more active.
4. Can reduce risk of type II diabetes
Green tea is known to reduce blood sugar levels and hence drinking it can reduce the risk of getting type II diabetes.
5. Prevents heart diseases
Green tea is also known for preventing cardiovascular diseases and improving the heart health. It does so by keeping the blood vessels calm and helping them endure blood pressures changes.
So, what are you waiting for? Switch from your regular tea and start drinking green tea for additional health benefits.