Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha NandakumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 27 years old & 8th month pregnant. 8th month has just started. Please suggest the diet & exercise for the good health of me & baby.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.
Regular 3 or 4 days sex bleeding from vagina a girl age of 22 years what reason behind it and what medicine take please advice me.
My friend had unprotected sex last year July from then she got regular periods but some before her periods she gets burning sensation in her vaginal she is scared whether she got hiv she can't do blood test due to some family issues please help.
- Ringworm or tinea infections, are a fungal skin disease. A family of fungi called dermatophytes causes these infections which might occur anywhere on the body, typically the arms, legs, neck, groin, scalp, hair, nails or beard. The fungi survive on the dead skin cells or keratin and rarely invade the deeper membranes and tissues.
- However, many ringworm (or tinea) infections often recur and the usual medicines simply do not help the patient.
- Homoeopathic constitutional treatment will give you a permanent cure.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
I was suffering from heavy menstrual flow, so according to the doctor's suggestion, I had done the USG of lower abdomen. In the report it says that in uterus myometrial architecture appears homogeneous. Endometrial cavity in midline location and well collapsed. Endometrium is thickened and measures 13. 8 mm in thickness. Uterus measures: 90.7x46. 3x61.9. Both ovaries are normal in size. There are no abnormalities in blood test. Which is the cause of this kind of bleeding? I'm 51 years now. What is the ailment and what should be the appropriate treatment? Thanking you.
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
My period is irregular. But my all reports normal and my husband too. I want to be pregnant as soon as possible. So please tell me what should I do. How can I know my fertile days. Bcoz period irregular.
I had a sex with condom being used again, now after a week I am having stomach ache, feeling tired/fatigueness and also I am having fever. Is this a symptom of pregnancy? I want to avoid it? Please prescribe something.
I am a pregnant and it's my 7 th month of pregnancy, my doctor told me that your baby is in less weight (880 grams) my due date is June 6 th Please suggest me what care I have to take for my baby weight? What are the reasons for less baby weight? What type of food I have to take?
My periods started on 20 nov 2016. And I have not had periods till today. I got married few days back. We had sex yesterday. Will I get pregnant. I did not tell him about my irregular periods. Did I have any disease. Pls say will I get pregnant or not.
How to lose breast fat with home remedies?
There are many home remedies that can help to reduce breast fat. Unlike prescription drugs, they don’t cause any side effects and since they make use of household ingredients, you can prepare them anytime at your kitchen shelf.
Here are some remedies for losing breast fat:
Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds have a very high amount of omega-3 fatty acids which help to reduce the level of estrogen in the body. With less estrogen in the body, the breast size is reduced. Tip – just mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a glass of hot water and drink it once daily.
Fenugreek – Fenugreek seeds can help to tone the breasts and make them look smaller. Just soak 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them in a grinder to obtain a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your breasts and rinse with water after 10 minutes. Do this twice a week for smaller breasts.
Ginger tea – Ginger helps to speed up the metabolism of the body and burn all the excess fat. Breasts are composed of adipose fatty tissue and this too gets burnt when the fats in the body are burnt. Boil 1½ cup of water in a pan and add a tablespoon of ginger root to it. Simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the liquid and sip it as tea. You may add a teaspoon of honey for added benefits. One cup of ginger tea every day is enough for reducing breast fat.
According to ayurveda the body is said to be composed of the 7 dhatus i.e rasa(fliud), rakta(blood), mamsa (muscles), meda(fat), asthi(bones), majja(marrow) and sukra (semen).
*comparison are made just to explain theoretically, else they are far different things.
Sukra dhatu is present in both males and females , hence don't confuse it with sperms or seminal fluid .
Sukra dhatu is the last dhatu to be made after all 7 dhatus in body,
Hence, we can say sukra dhatu is essence of all the dhatus , it is well spreaded all through the body.
The sukra dhatu according to modern concepts can be understood as the sexual power, the ejaculation , the erectile strength , the quality of sperms , the semen or we can say overall reproductive strength of the person
A common lifestyle disorder of sukra dhatu is sukra Kshaya or loss of sukra dhatu , this includes common symptoms such as loss of erection, premature ejaculation, weakening of muscles, wrinkling of skin , whitening of hair , fatigue , loss of concentration power etc .
A proper care of diet and lifestyle is necessary to maintain healthy sukra dhatu.
Now to improve the dhatu:
- Take milk on daily basis ..milk and milk products are best for sukra dhatu ...
- Milk added with grinded almonds and pista have a good result...
- Ashwagandha powder has best results on sukra dhatu in males and for females shatavri powder has a great effect the powder can be taken with hot milk ...
- Fruits like dates , mangoes , fig, almonds , custard Apple ,strawberry , Apple , nuts , almonds , cashew etc have a positive result in improving sexual power .
- Vegies like spinach , cucumber , sweet potato , pumpkin seeds also boost sexual power..
- Fish especially tuna fish , lobster , egg yolk also increase the sukra dhatu...
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hi I'm 26 years old not married, I'm getting bleeding more than 1 week is it any problem pls help me.
I am a female of 16 yrs. How to understand that whether I need an Ultrasonography? What are the symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome? Pls tell me dr.
I am married on 30 April from that time I am having sex with husband and taking sperms inside and also I am in menstruation periods will be? Or there any problem for pregnancy?
When you're exposed to the cold, the first line of defense is to wear loose-fitting and dry clothing (wet clothing makes it difficult to maintain a normal body temperature). Dress in layers. If you work in the cold, or exercise outside, wear clothing made of polypropylene, which will wick perspiration away from the skin and keep your body dry. Also, wear a hat and scarf. It's true that 40 to 50 percent of our body heat can be lost from the surface of the head and neck. And no, it doesn't matter if you have a thick head of hair. You still need protection.
Here are some other ways to protect yourself from winter's cold shoulder:
Protect your hands and feet. Wear mittens when possible because your fingers can share warmth (regular gloves are good, but mittens have the edge.) wear socks that will keep your feet dry and warm. Some people wear a light liner sock made of a material that wicks away moisture next to the foot and then put a natural fiber sock over it. Try to wear the higher cut socks, not the low risers.
Protect your lips. Use lip balm to keep your lips from drying out from the cold and windy weather.
Avoid dehydration. As long as fluids are not restricted by your physician, drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
Dress properly. Wear outer clothing that shields the wind and sun from your skin. Cold and windy air causes a wind-chill effect that is much colder and more dangerous than the outside air temperature.
Avoid alcohol. Alcohol causes your body to lose heat, in addition to contributing to dehydration.
Be prepared. When traveling by car, keep extra socks, blankets, water and snacks on hand in case a mechanical problem, storm or empty gas tank leaves you stranded.
Inquire about your meds. Ask your physician or pharmacist if any of the medications you take can make you more susceptible to a cold-weather illness.
Protect your children. Instruct the kids to come inside when they feel cold, or if their clothes get wet.
Play it safe. Because they pose a strangulation risk, it's best not to wrap children in scarves. Instead, use a neck" gaiter, which stays in place and keeps your child warm without risk.
Eat light. A snack before going out in the cold is better than a heavy meal, which requires a large blood flow to the gastrointestinal system to aid in digestion. The digestive process may prevent warm blood from circulating to your fingers and toes. Save the heavier meal for when you are safely back inside.
Now that you are an expert in cold-weather safety, perhaps you can help jack frost from nipping at his own nose!