Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeth ReddyYour feedback matters!
So here I got a gap between two of my lower molar teeth, where while eating food get stuck and it starts hurting in my gums. Pls help me with this.
I am using tobacco. My teeth are black and also bad came from my mouth anytime. How to clean my teeth and how to rectify the bad smell from my mouth.
Hi I am a 20 year old guy yesterday l had found a dot on my mouth today that became a scratch. There is a white gluid in that area what may be the reason.
What toothpaste should I use to keep my teeth shiny and fresh. I have tried many but the yellow spots do not go.
1. What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a standard for tooth replacement. An implant is a small “support” made of titanium and placed into the jawbone at the point of a missing tooth root. After the implant has attached to the adjacent bone, a replacement tooth is positioned on top of the implant.
2. Do the new teeth look natural?
The new teeth have a natural-like appearance and feel.
3. Am I a suitable candidate for the procedure?
Overall good health and enough jaw bone are the vital requirements. If you are fit for tooth extraction, then you can have an implant. Individuals who have lost teeth due to disease, decay or injury are suitable candidates for the procedure. After taking complete medical history and x-rays it can be decided.
4. How successful is it?
They have been used for over thirty years and have shown high success rates. To ensure that implants last for long, one should practice good oral hygiene.
5. Is the procedure painful?
Anesthesia is administered during the surgery. Your dental implant dentist may prescribe pain medication to ease any discomfort after the surgery. Most patients report minor discomfort when they get home. Many patients feel okay the next day and can return to work.
6. How long does it take?
The time needed relies on the complexity and number of implants. A straightforward and uncomplicated dental implant may take less than 1 hour.
7. Am I allowed to eat after the surgery?
It is advisable to avoid exposing a recent surgical site to food. One is advised to take soft foods and to stay hydrated. We will guide you accordingly.
8. How long does the healing and placing of the implant crown take?
The duration mainly depends on your treatment plan; but mostly takes about two to six months. There are two major stages. At first, the implant should heal before we place the replacement crown.
9. How long will the implants last?
After the fusion of the implant to the bone, it can last for several years if it is well maintained. Many implants have stayed in place for over forty years.
10. Are dental implants costly?
The cost is relative. They are a little more costly than bridgework, but they last for much longer. Thus, more cost effective.
11. Will my insurance cover for the costs?
It depends on the individual plan. Talk to your insurance provider.
12. Can my body reject the implant?
An allergy to titanium is rare, but may occur. At times, the implant does not fuse to the bone during the first time, but on the second trial, it fuses.
What is the reason for Mouth Ulcer and what is it's proper treatment? I mean what is the best medicine to heal it.
When I eat something, it pains after first bite. Iya bleed when I brush. I chewing tobacco. There are gaps between my teeth. Pls advise.
Capping done on front 10 teeth because I had a gap in front and moving away with age. I am not sure if this is correct I am nervous for side effects.
For healthier teeth, flossing daily in a sawing motion is highly recommended. Take the floss to the point where the teeth meet the gums.
My tongue is burning past two days. I have taken Vitamin B complex tablet and becosules syrup past ten days. That TIME my tongue is normal. Now I stop syrup. Hereafter what should I do.
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.