Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saji Roy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Saji RoyYour feedback matters!
I am a 45 year old male with HTN (10 years), chronic sinusitis and tonsillitis. For last 2 years I have a lipoma in left side of upper stomach, just below rib cage. No pain but little tenderness and uncomfort due to its growing size. Have got it examined (biopsy) for malignancy but found NOT malignant. Is there any remedy in homoeopathy or Ayurveda.
What is Sore Throat?
A sore or dry throat is an unhealthy and painful scratchy feeling inside the throat which is coupled with pain while swallowing and can cause really bad irritation. A sore throat usually resolves on its own because it is a mild health problem.
Causes of Sore Throat-
A sore throat is caused by many important risk factors. Let us have a look at some of them:
- Viral infection: It is the most common cause of a sore throat and several viruses are present which can result in a sore throat of many intensities.
- Toxins like cigarettes, smoke or pollution can also lead to an acute sore throat because of the unhealthy chemicals present in these things.
- A bad injury or infection in the throat can lead to a chronic sore throat. Sometimes when people should loudly for long periods also result in a sore throat because the tissues burn away of tear apart.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease also causes a sore throat when the acid from the stomach retreats back to the esophageal tract.
- The development of cancer cells or tumor results in a sore throat and blocks the entire throat tract.
Treating a Sore Throat:
Sore throats are easily curable and sometimes they tend to go away on their own. Let us have a close look at the remedies:
- Gargling with warm salt-water will hell you to get rid of sore throat because saltwater helps to wash away the viruses and germs.
- Honey mixed in tea is an excellent detoxifier and helps your body and throat to get rid of the unnecessary foreign objects stuck in the tract.
- Consuming fenugreek also helps in killing the bacterias which are causing the sore throat.
- Chamomile tea is a proven relief during throat sores. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities that help the throat to get relief and heal overtime.
- Drink warm water or liquids which will constantly keep the throat wet and warm leading to the decline of the bacterias present.
- Antibiotics can also be taken for 5-6 days if you think no other remedy is working in the right way. However, try not to give antibiotics to children of young age and stick to home remedies.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If a person is much afraid or very much stressed. Can this cause restlessness. Like you feel like sleeping every time and still feel tired and dizzy. And while awake you're engrossed in your fear again. It's like stress out ,get afraid, sleep and repeat every time. Feeling dizzy and tired always inspite of feeling sleepy so much but having a healthy diet. Why this happening? What is the reason behind this Do you feel objects spinning around you when you are dizzy? No Any associated headache: Yes Any Associated nausea or vomiting? No Can you tell when an attack is about to start? No Does change of position make you dizzy? Yes.
These self-help steps can help relieve sinusitis symptoms:
1. Get good rest. This will help your body fight infection and speed recovery.
2. Drink plenty of fluids: Like, water or juice. This will help dilute mucous secretions and promote drainage. Avoid beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol, as they can be dehydrating.
3. Sleep with your head elevated. This will help your sinuses drain, reducing congestion.
4. Moisten your sinus cavities: Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the vapour from a bowl of hot water. Or take a hot shower. This will help ease pain and help mucus drain.
5. Apply warm compresses to your face. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes to ease facial pain.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions regarding Sinus or other ENT-related issues.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.