Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaimaYour feedback matters!
Have multiple lipomas in stomach and now increasing to arms. My age is 26. Lipomas are since 5 years.
Hi, I am suffering from gas. This is really unavoidable. I even don't want to eat because of this. What should I do?
I am 22 years old. For two month I don't have appetite to eat. And I don't feel hungry. I only eat 1or 2 time a day. I want to know what has happen to me. And I don't feels sicks.
Aish is my daughter of age 11 years and she is suffering from chickenpox from last two days I am taking all preventive measures of hygiene. She is complaining of irritation in the pimps. Can I apply some kind of lotion or ointment for soothing her itchiness. Sometimes during changing clothes the pimps gets rubbed up and burst splashing out some kind of liquid. What should I do? The pimples are filled with some watery fluid.
I have got ringworm in my leg I have you some medicine. It is cured by the medicine but again after two three days the ringworms again come. What shall I do?
I am suffering from diabetes fasting 190 sugar level, I don't get proper erection eveytime, Kindly suggest proper remedies.
My sisters kidneys are week creatinine is 4.5 no dialysis is undergoing, can she recovers, can I admit her into patanjali hospital.
I have two children now I am pregnant in report it comes that I have sugar. My husband has sugar. Can it possible that I am suffering from sugar cause my husband?
Sir, I have suffered dysentery disease past one day. Please give me appropriate suggestions and medicine to resolve this problem. And I go to toilet 2-3 time in day. And feel mucus at that toilet.
Dear Sir/Mam, Im having a problem of constipation and sleeping problem, to overcome this issues what remedies necessarily should follow.
I have pain in my head this pain in my body from 2 months. Its spearing me very much. I want leave from this pain. Please give me better suggestion. I shall be thank you for this.
Physiotherapy and sleep paralysis have a deep connection when you have to treat sleep paralyses the intelligent way. To discover the benefits of physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis, let's get a clear understanding of sleep paralyses first and then the role of physiotherapy.
What is sleep paralysis and its common causes?
Sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder, its symptoms are such that you suddenly feel in the middle of the night or in mid sleep that you can't move, react, talk, etc. and feel that your body has frozen. This immobility is accompanied with frightful or eerie visions or sounds, which are not the reality and you still hallucinate.
This is often caused because of the following reasons, which are considered common causes of sleep paralysis:
- A medical condition called narcolepsy
- No fixed time of sleeping and waking, thus creating imbalance in sleep patterns
- Inadequate sleep through the 24 hours
- Excessive stress and workload
- Alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- A bad diet like heavy meals at night before bedtime
- Extreme caffeine consumption
If any of these things are common, you may get a sleep paralysis.
Physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis:
If it is a one night episode, you will eventually forget this. However, in case you are a victim every night or frequently, you may need some good remedies. Medications may not suit all, but physiotherapy is a safe mode of treatment, which suits all and people of all ages. That is why try physiotherapy for sleep paralysis at home or by going to a nearest physiotherapy center or expert.
How physiotherapy helps
Physiotherapy has some unique benefits like:
- It brings a balance in blood circulation through the body, which helps in lowering the blood pressure, normalize mood, reduce stress, and makes the blood flow to the body organs and brain better, thus inducing a good night's sleep.
- The exercise induced on to the body through physiotherapy has a dual effect. It makes the muscles workout, and induces the massage effect too. This makes the muscles more mobile, and brings warmth on the tissues. That is why exercising before bedtime can help you get a very peaceful sleep without fearful dreams and interferences of sleep paralysis attacks.
- You get a better mood due to increased blood circulation and the feeling of well-being due to the agile and worked out muscles. This good mood and satisfaction after a nice physiotherapy session sometime before you sleep lets the serotonin or happiness and satisfaction hormone build up in the body and brain. This makes you sleep without stress and in a nice mood thus resisting sleep paralysis.