Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaimaYour feedback matters!
I have a throat pain for the past 1 week. I feel like there is a ball in my throut that bothers me. When I drink cold water pain becomes sever. What should I do?
I am 29 years and my head is swinging and I have pain at the back of my neck. Dizziness. I actually travelled on hills. After 2 days of completing the trip m facing this problem. Will it go on its own or should I take any medications. Feeling very weak and tired.
The kidneys are the main excretory organs of the body and are responsible for removing all mineral wastes from the body. This high concentration of minerals predisposes them to form stones- which are small crystals of various minerals they are exposed to. The entire urinary tract starting from the kidneys, the ureters, and the bladder are at risk of developing stones. The risk is higher in people who do not drink enough water, as the minerals are not able to be cleared out.
Depending on the location, stones are named
- Renal: These are formed in the body of the kidneys.
- Ureteric: The urine passes from the kidney to the ureter through the ureters and can form stones, leading to blockage also
- Bladder: When the urine is stored in the bladder for a while, the chances of forming stones are quite high.
- Pain that is sharp, shooting pain on either side of the spine.
- There could be fever, vomiting, etc., but the pain is very indicative.
- Stones less than 4 mm usually pass on their own
- Larger ones may require shock waves from an external source which breaks it into smaller ones, which are then eliminated.
- Intravenous injections of pain relievers; repeat if required.
- Antiemetics to control nausea and vomiting
- Watch for an hour for improved symptoms
- Send the patient home with these prescriptions for continued use
- Increased amount of water consumption (up to 3 liters per day), until the urine is almost colorless
- Strain the urine to check if the stone is passed, this is done.
If the patient presents with the following symptoms, immediate admission may be required:
- Persisting symptoms after an hour of treatment
- Persistently high fever (about 104) with severe shakes and/or chills
- People on dialysis and/or renal failure
- Elderly (greater than 60 year olds)
- Severe dehydration and/or vomiting
Larger kidney stones (>4 mm) are managed as below.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL): This common treatment uses shock waves from an external source which breaks down the stones. The smaller ones easily pass through the urine.
- Ureteroscopy: In ureteroscopy, a endoscope is passed through urethra to the ureters.
- Open surgery: If the above measures are not feasible, open surgery may be the last option. This is very rarely used though.
Prevention of kidney stones
- Drink adequate amounts of water, at least 2 liters per day
- Cut down oxalate rich foods like beet, nuts, okra, spinach, etc.
- Reduce sodium and animal protein
- Continue calcium as always. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I am having some white thing inside of my penis & if I don't wash it then itching me & feeling to have sex so is it any symptoms of any disease.
I am 6 feet tall and weigh about 98 kilos. Sometimes when I go cycling or play football, all my muscles cramp up. Is this because of low water intake? What is the ideal weight for my height?
Hello doctor, My penis skin is not loose. When I tried to stretch the skin .it got trapped below the glans. That was so painful. Tell me how to loose it.
My semen count came 10 million with motility 60% I need to increase my semen count also improve the erection which is coming problem for last 2 months.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.
I have met my girlfriend 2 times physically but due my enlargement problem I can't do anything. When I am alone I do masturbation my penis enlarges strong and it also release sperm but when I met Physically with a girl it does not enlarges. Please advice me.
I have problem with my head. Please tell me some way to relief from headache. It is like once a week. So please suggest me.
What is varicocele & how to cure. I met doctor for testicle pain. The report found that I have varicocele. So now he saying for surgery Please tell me what is the cost for surgery.
Hello doc I feel like a cold always with me whenever I spit it produces cold. How to get rid of this cold completely and be free.
Respected Drs. My hand nails are very weak. Breaks oftenly. I want to increase nail size and make hard. please suggest me. Thanks.
Do you know every *hernia* doesn't knock before occurring?
Some come in silently and cause damaging effects. Learn the symptoms carefully to notice any complication and get examined once you do.