Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sai MohanYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, My son is 10 years old. He is eating slate pencils daily. He will not eat food, he is looking very dull. So, please give me suggestion what I have to do.
My baby is in 2nd month. In 1st month, I fed her every 2 hrs. Should I continue that? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
My baby girl is 5 months 20 days old. I want to know what will be the proper dose of neopeptine medicine for her? She is suffering from gas problem.
My grand daughter 5 & 1/2 months old has suddenly developed disinterest towards her bottled milk feeds. Her weight is 6.30 kgs. She is being given nestle man pro 1. Her regular intake was approx 130 to 140 ml 5 to 6 times a day, but she could take only 2 feeds of 130 ml each & 4 feeds of 80 ml in last 24 hours. Some sort of irritation is also a new kind of development, in her otherwise pleasant mood. She is not being breastfed. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Kindly suggest appropriate treatment/ directions.
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
My baby girl is 1 month after farting and toilet she releases little poop. Please advise. After every feed she gets 15 min burping.
Im a mother of 2.8 years old twin girls. Can I give them a very small quantity of Dabur Chyavanprash daily and then gradually increase to one spoon. They are just 11 kgs and born premature. Very poor eating habit and has constipation problem.
hello have a 4 years old daughter. Few days back she experienced an accident at home when she and her grandma alone at home. Her Grand ma fallen in bathroom. And she show through her eyes a lot of blood flowing her grand ma's head. Now she has full of fairness at any time. I asked her why she afraid. She told me she worried for something that surely happen if she stay alone or along with grand ma also. Please advice.
Hi Doctor, my daughter is 2 and half years old, she never eat properly, she loves to eat only chocolates, I give her junior horlicks to drink every day. I am really worried about her growth. She is also on breast feed still. I really do not know what to do please help me for her good diet.
What are hypothyroid symptoms in toddlers of age 2 years. My baby is over weight and is told to do thyroid profile and Bsl by our pediatrician. My baby is 20 kg and age is 2 years. So please tel what are chances dat my baby must be having des problems. I was diagnosed with sub clinical hypothyroidism during pregnancy and was also having gestational diabetes (well controlled). please suggest some help for my child so dat he will not gain more weight Thank you.
Hi my baby girl is 2 weeks old, she is suffering from cold so she is very much suffer to breath, drink milk and sleep, pls advice.
My son is 16 months old but he is not ready to eat something. If someone forcefully tried to give meal he ejects all.
I want know that child growth what process mean fetal development and cardiovascular activity in by months by months detail please advice.
Dear Sir/ Ma'm, I am having a baby boy of 2 years and he is still use to take breastfeeding. Please let me know how it harmful to mother & for child? Also suggest prescription for the same?
I am female 27 years old. Have a baby 20 days old. My nipples are very small. When I feed my baby milk does not comes out in normal flow, and it becomes red and sour after every time I feed my baby. Please advise.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination