Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Venkatesan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S VenkatesanYour feedback matters!
I just suffered from an accident and my left hand has been fractured. Doctors has putting rod in my hand. I want you to tell how can I become healthy earlier. What should I ate to gain calcium.
I am 26 years old and suddenly I am also snoring very high while sleeping. What should I do regular basis to get rid of that snoring. Any exercise or something or medication will be required for this to cure. Please provide the guidance.
Sir I am facing strange problem from past 10 days in my ear. I always felt a suu. Like sound in my ears from past 10 days. What is the reason behind that and what should I do to cure it? ThANK You.
Sir I am suffering from severe fever and bodypains and heavy leg pains and I am unable to walk due to leg pains and very suffocating and I cannot eat anything my mouth became tasteless now I cannot eat anything due to fever please help me with your suggestion.
I am 19 . Is it truth that when you grow up it takes more time to cum and ejaculation and to get a erection? And while I am growing should the sense of masturbation increase or reduce? And last one is the sense of masturbation same as the sense of sex or there is different ? Please give me a convincing answer? Thanks doctor.
I'm a student and I have a busy schedule throughout the weak, and I have a very poor health, my weight is just 46kg but height is appropriate. How can I gain weight and improve my physic? Yes I do suffer from constipation and I've tried many home remedies but they didn't helped a lot.
My wife B12 Report done today. results comes 177, she do not want to take a injection of B12. What should I do?
What are allopathy drugs used for premature ejaculation. This I am suffering from 6 months. When approached for this premature ejaculation hyperthyroid problem was traced now under medication for same with thronor m tablet 75 mg. Now please treat me now premature ejaculation.
I am too much thin and I want to become quite thick. Which type of food I have to take. Give me their examples. I am getting pain in my whole body.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.