Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.SubramanianYour feedback matters!
My 9 year old boy is hyper can be aggressive can not sleep wets the bed alot loves sour or salty foods as poor fine motor skills poor short memory flexible fingers does not feel pain as meltdowns I had gbs while pregnant but no antibiotics he was born on his due date but only weighed 5lb13 he has had.
"Keep things positive"
Kid’s don’t like to hear what they can’t do, tell them what they can do instead. Keep it fun and positive. Everyone likes to be praised for a job well done. Celebrate successes and help children and teens develop a good self-image.
Dr. Dilip Pawar
For any queries and doubt feel free to visit us at penguinclinic.com or post your query on facebook.
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup but it doesn't works well. He is always crying and he didn't sleep properly, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion.
Hi mam or sir. My 9 months old son is suffering from past 4 days with vomit and loose motion. I have consulted doctor it is little bit decreased but be on crying. please tell me how to stop him crying and why he is crying?
My baby is 6 months old and is suffering from chronic constipation from last two months. In start we tried natural remedies like cotton insertion and sugar water but see no improvement. At last we visited his paediatrician and he advised to give him Glycerine suppository for 3 days and after that to continue adult PICLIN Laxative 6 ml per day (3 ml twice) to cure his constipation. So, we are giving him above medication from his 6th month start and now he passes stool after 2 or 3 days with less difficulty. We tried stopping giving him PICLIN after his 6th month completion but after that baby can’t poop and also decreases his feed intake. His current weight is 6.1 KG and he is teething as well. Regarding his diet, he is completely on breast feed and we have started giving him yellow dalpani from last one month. We have tried 20-25 ml of water intake and 2 tablespoon of pear puree from last 3 days but it does not help. To continue on PICLIN we have some worries and doubts as follows: 1. Is it safe to give PICLIN (Adults) 6 ml daily to baby of just 6 months and any side effects that it can cause when baby grows? 2. For how much time we should continue giving him above medicine? 3. What can be the reason of his severe constipation? 4. Is there any natural remedy to cure his constipation rather then giving him medications? 5. Any other suggestion/medication to cure his constipation? 6. Is glycerine suppository is better than PICLIN? It would be very helpful for any of suggestions.
Hi doc, I am pregnant by 37 weeks 3 days. During my last check up, my doc told me that my baby hasn't dropped and I am not dilated or effaced. But my baby is in head down position. M doing exercises, squats n daily chores and this is my first pregnancy. M so confused and worried whether my baby will drop or not as the days are progressing. Please advise.
Is it a wise decision to do operation for tonsillitis in the age of five.Or any other alternate is there?
My 9 and a half months old daughter is taking medicine as prescribed by the doctor for cough n cold. But each time she takes medicine, she immediately vomits. So my question is" if she vomits on taking medicine immediately, should I give the same again then"
My daughter is 8 years old with 50 kg weight. Her skin is also very rough. her prescribed tests are normal. what should we do to reduce her weight?
My son 3.3 years old but he is not able to speak clearly. He can say mamma, Papa but not any other word. Kindly suggest me.
My daughter is 3 years n 9 months old. She is suffering from ear pain since morning 6 am. And telling that she has pain under jaw. May be tonsils. No fever. Can I give crocin ds for her pain relief or can you suggest any other medicine?
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.