Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. S. K. Ayyar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. S. S. K. AyyarYour feedback matters!
My friend she is 24, her weight is 40, she has a cuff, while cuffing she use to get blood little bit. Along with this she use to get headache, it is migraine and she use to take tablets for it. U please suggest me. What was reason for it.
Sir I have pain in my shoulder and neck and arm also and arm feels like heavy and I can't do work with it. This symptoms of paralysis? Tell me which specialist I have to go?
My father is suffering from Ataxia or parkinson. Can you please tell me whether he can be treated or not or treatment with stem cell is possible as his condition is not so good. His age is 65 years and following symptoms:- involuntary eye movements cannot speak cannot walk cannot eat and totally on bed from past 2 years. His disease started with trembling in hands past 13 years and then goes on increasing and then difficulty in walking started and then with no control on his speech and thereafter he started forgetting present things but remembering past and then slightly his conditions worsened and now he is completely on bed without any movement and not able to speak. He yawns properly but can't open his mouth for eating. He feels pains and have some sensitivity left and open his eyes but does not speak. Please help us if there is any treatment possible.
He is suffering from brain tumor. He went to Singapore for surgery operation was successful but tumor start get form again. What should we do now?
My 50 years old diabetic brother-in-law is suffering from atypical Parkinson disease and on bed rest from last 10 months. Allopathic Treatment is going-on from Alms, DELHI. He is very weak, shivering, constipation and having stomach pain problem, Sometimes repeat the same things and morally down. But no significant improvement. Pls advise if there is some suitable treatment in Ayurvedic/Homeopathic treatment. All test like MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray, blood-test, Urine-test are normal. But he is getting down day by day healthwise. Pls advise the suitable treatment on priority.
Hi I have very bad migraine, due to which I fight with everyone always. Please suggest me something and also I do not like to face light.
I am 37 years old male after 9 years of long struggle I got married 9 months before with my lover I cried and I got more problems in this period, after marriage my grandma died within 3 months she is very affectionate to me I always caring grandma and frequent visiting to hospital for grandma and after death of grandma within a week I got panic attack and then I take medicine from General Physician for a week and stopped and after 1 month again I got panic attack I take same medicine and stop after a week and after 1 month again I got panic attack I went MD neurologist he suggest me to take medicine for at least 4 to 6 months now I am on 4th month but till now im feeling sometimes anxious, dizziness, always thinking about my health like I would die and I can not travel alone in a bus and lack of interest and feeling uncomfortable in chest can not take spicy food. But panic attacks is not shown from past 4 months thank god. Please suggest me what to do further im just 9 months married im trying for baby I got varicocele problem also for that im. Taking medicine along with anxiety medicines in my wife get more worried about me.
The Human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How Homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.