Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S.PadmasriYour feedback matters!
Thalassemia is a type of a disease, resulting in the abnormal production of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin stimulates oxygen circulation all over the body. Therefore, a dip in the hemoglobin count can lead to anemia, a disease inducing weakness as well as fatigue. Acute anemia can take a toll on the organs and ultimately cause death.
Severe thalassemia in children yields symptoms, such as dark urine, abdominal swelling, slow growth, jaundice, a pale appearance and deformed skull bones. Diarrhea, frequent fevers and eating disorders are also common.
- Blood transfusions: Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment needed for beta thalassemia aiming to keep sufficient Hb level to avoid long-term complications, though bone marrow transplant is radical cure for the disease.
- Iron chelation therapy: The hemoglobin in the red blood cells is rich in iron-protein that gets deposited in the blood with regular blood transfusion. This condition is known as iron overload as it damages heart, liver and various parts of the body. Iron chelation therapy is used to prevent this damage as it helps to remove the excess iron from the body. Deferoxamine and Deferasirox are two such medicines used for this therapy.
- Folic acid supplements: Folic acid being a B vitamin produces healthy red blood cells and is therefore recommended as a substitute for the above procedures.
- Transplant of blood and marrow stem cell: A blood and a marrow (a substance within the cavities of bones where blood cells are produced) transplant replaces the faulty stem cells with healthy ones contributed by a donor.
This question is for my friend. She had sex with her boy friend 16 days back and she took a some contraceptive pill after 48 hrs. And day before 2 days she had sex and next day she started her periods so she wanted to know ke wo kahi suni thi ke pregnancy me bhi kabhi periods aate hai kabhi pata nahi chalta hai kuch months tak pregnant hai ya nahi har month periods bhi aate hai to aise me kya karna chahiye kaise pata chalega ke pregnant hai ya ni. Please answer my question doctors.
Get a diagnosis before anything else. It is really important to know what is causing your pain. See a doctor before you start doing any exercises or taking any medication. There are many reasons your hip could be in pain, including arthritis, bursitis, or an injury you've got while playing a sport. Always ask your doctor what you should and should not be doing, given the cause of your hip pain.
- Ice your joints: Holding ice to your hips will reduce inflammation of your joints. You should hold an ice pack to the affected area for 15 minutes several times a day. If you find that the ice pack is uncomfortably cold, wrap it in a towel and then place it on the pained area.
- Heat your joints if you have arthritis in your hips: Heating your joints can soothe the pain you feel. Consider taking a hot bath or shower, or soak in a hot tub if there is one available to you. You could also consider purchasing a hot pad that you can place directly on your hip. Do not use heat to soothe your joints if you have bursitis. Heat can cause hips affected by bursitis to actually become more inflamed.
- Get some rest: If you have injured your hip, the best thing you can do is to simply give your hip time to heal. Avoid anything that causes you to feel pain in your hip. Instead, grab an ice pack, a bowl of popcorn and watch some movies. You should give your hip a rest for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities: If you are in severe pain, chances are you won't feel like running or jumping anyway, but it is good to keep in mind that these activities should be avoided. High-impact activities will cause your joints to become more inflamed, thus causing your more pain. Instead of running, try taking a brisk walk, as walking has much less of an impact on your joints.
- Consider losing weight: The more your body weighs, the more weight your painful hip is burdened with supporting. Losing weight can help ease hip pain simply by removing some of that weight that stresses the cartilage and joints.
- Choose the right shoes: You should buy shoes that give you as much support as possible. Look for shoes that have great cushions, or have removable insoles so that you can add orthopaedics. The sole should have good shock absorption, should limit pronation (turning or rotating the foot) and will evenly distribute pressure along the length of your foot.
Hi Doctor, I just had a few seconds of unprotected sex on 14th day of my menstrual cycle. Then, we used a condom. I had taken Ipill within 15 hours. My next due date is 20th may. I have regular periods of 28-30 days cycle I did not experience any bleeding after taking Ipill. Today it's 2 weeks since I took Ipill. However, I am getting very light yellow discharge whenever I have an urge to urinate. What does this indicate? Is there anything to be worried about?
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day When to stop progesterone support?
My spouse got cracked nipple problem. She has 15 month baby with breastfeeding. She is using nipcare cream and some antibiotics which was prescribed by her doctor but not getting relief.
My girlfriend is urging me to have sex with her (she trusts me very much and I love her so much too). But she is only 15 years old. And I'm 20 years old. Now if I refuse to have sex with her, she will certainly get hurt and also she will think I'm gay. So finally I've decided to do the same with her in safe mode. Now my question is will it harmful for her as she is too young? And if not I want to know the safest way of not getting pregnant.
Hello. Im 21years old my husband is 22years old and having thyroid. There will be in any prblm in having child. Will I conceive my husband having thyroid?
My sister is pregnant. While cooking food she feels like omitting due the smell of cooking. What shall she do. And why is this happening.
I am a 23 year old female. Me and my partner both are virgins. I just wanted to know whether it is safe to use flavored condoms for the first time? If not, then which condom and contraception should we choose to avoid unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and other side effects?
How can I find out that my GF is pregnant or not. I had unprotected sex but ejaculate outside vagina on bed. Should I wait till her Menstruation cycle for confirmation. And how can I prevent birth of child. Pls suggest.
I am diagnosed PCOS and my periods are not irregular it comes on the same date of 20-25 each month but amount is minimal but stays for 3 days. As it is like spotting I don't need sanitary napkin as well. I had sex on 19 th and my period comes on 27 in January. But in February and march it comes on 20. I don't think I am pregnant but can you tell the reason?
Dr. my friend she has irregular periods problem from 3 years is it a major problem she had a little hair on her face and she gaining weight she almost now 70 is any home remedies is there to get rid of this.
Some of the after- effects of masturbation are:
a. The nervous system is affected the most.
b. Besides the heart, the digestive system, the urinary system as well as the other systems are adversely affected and consequently the whole body becomes the museum of diseases with profound weakness.
c. The eyes become sunken, the cheek bones protrude and there is a black rim round the eyes.
d. Continuous headache and backache.
e. Dizziness and loss of memory.
f. Palpitation of heart on lightest exertion.
h. Unable to perform any heavy physical or mental work.
i. The person dislikes any company and activities and rather likes to sit in seclusion and suffers from weakness.
j. All the senses are impaired.
k. Vision becomes dim, the tongue begins to stammer and ears tend to become deaf etc.
l. Lastly T.B. or insanity or some other serious disease catch hold of the victim to lead his life to a close.
Therefore, young men are advised to consult a qualified and honest homoeopathic practitioner for his expert advice and effective treatment instead of wasting his money with quacks. Further, those young men who are or have been engaged in the regular habits of masturbation should not ignore the necessity to consult the qualified homoeopaths to avoid sexual embarrassment at the time of marriage.you can message me your complaints in details for treatment- Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
It’s that time of the year again, where 'a year is ending and the new year is going to start'. All of us want to put our best foot forward in the coming year. We want a new thinner, healthier, more energetic and flexible body next year. We also want to get back to our few years old skinny jeans. So, what are the new year resolutions for 2017 that will up our health quotient substantially?
Read on for the five hottest dietary changes to take care of your health:
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids is good for the heart. You can get Omega-3 by eating walnuts, fish and flax seeds. Omega-3 is also good for getting help with PMS and menopause symptoms.
- Pile up on veggies: Daily recommended intake of veggies is three servings or more. How many of us reach this target? And then we complain of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Veggies are our source for many important vitamins. So to tackle fatigue, muscle pains, low sex drive and vision problems, you can consciously eat more veggies the coming year.
- Fibre is key to health: Fibre found in veggies, fruits and whole grains is crucial for the health of the gut. Remember the adage that all diseases begin from the gut, so make fibre a part of your daily diet. Getting enough fibre will also prevent cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and a number of cancers. It will also help you slim down. Remember that the recommended daily intake of fibre is 21 to 38 grams.
- Cut down on meat: This will be of great help to your heart because you will be eliminating a huge source of saturated fats which increases LDL that causes obstructions in heart arteries. Go for more tofu, soya and white meat.
- Treat sugar as enemy no.1: We all eat too much sugar. In fact scientists are calling sugar as the most potent drug of the 21st century and with good reason. Health hazards of excess sugar consumption include excess weight gain, abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides etc. Sugar also increases inflammation in the body and this is the cause of a number of deadly diseases. One sure-fire way to cut down on sugars is to stop eating out of packets. Yes, processed foods contain a lot of hidden sugars and fats. Nixing processed foods will up your health quotient naturally.
Start a food journal to keep track of what you eat and also convince your friends and family to join in your healthy New Year plans. This way, you will have a support system in place to keep you motivated and on the go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 28 yrs old, my body weight 110 kgs and I have pcod problem. Please send me solution for my health problems.
side had unprotected sex 3 days before her period that is on oct 24. She got her period on Oct 27. This month her period is late. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
6 do's and don'ts of healthy eating habits
1. Try to eat more unprocessed foods
Use fresh ingredients like vegetables, eggs, milk, lean meat etc to prepare your meals in and try to avoid consumption of processed food as far as possible. In most cases, processed food items are loaded with preservatives, added chemical substances, sweeteners, fats and artificial colours, which should be avoided to maintain good health. Also, make sure to include lots of fresh fruits, nuts and legumes in your daily diet instead of fruit juices, instant noodles or frozen food items.
2. Include whole grains in your diet
Whole grains have a lesser glycemic index (figure that measures the ability of carbohydrates to increase glucose in your blood), which makes them a healthy food option. Whole grains keep you full for long hours while providing you with energy to concentrate at work throughout the day. When it comes to taste, the flavour and nuttiness of whole grains are superior to refined ones. So, prefer wholegrain bread, pasta or brown rice when choosing your food items.
3. Monitor your serving sizes
Monitoring the amount of what you eat is important as it helps you to limit your intake of unhealthy food. Also, ensure that the amount of food you eat for dinner is lesser than that of your lunch. Ideally, for lunch, you should ensure that half your meal consists of salad or vegetables and the other half should contain lean proteins and low-gi or whole grain carbs in equal amounts.
1. Skip breakfast
Breakfast is considered to be the most significant meal of the day. Make it a habit to have breakfast every day as skipping this meal can adversely affect your health by causing obesity, irritated mood, and headaches while increasing your risks of getting hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in your bloodstream).
2. Eat excessively saturated fat
Try to minimise your intake of food containing saturated fats as this can lead to the accumulation of weight in different parts of your body. Instead of consuming, huge amounts of milk, cheese, butter, bacon, meat etc. Switch to low-fat substitutes like white-meat chicken, reduced-fat dairy products, soy versions of traditional meat etc.
3. Give up your entire diet plan for a small mistake
If you happen to make only one dieting mistake, don't feel disappointed and start munching on unhealthy or junk food. Just remember that eating large amounts of unhealthy food can nullify all the effects of healthy eating you have experienced so far.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Can Soup Be a Complete Dinner By Itself?