Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I read somewhere that while warm water n lemon juice is very good to Kickstart metabolism of body in the morning, it damages the teeth enamel. I have stopped drinking it due to this. Is this true?
Im feeling a severe pain in my teeth and its been due to cavity and when I eat or sip something, I feel a pain and ive tried haldi and garlic so that it could control my pain but no use. So please could you recommend me a medicine or should I consult the doctor to remove my teeth.
Me 35 sal ka hu mera naam bhart hai me gutka pan masala bhout kht tha jis vajah sai mera muh khulna kam ho gya 1 ungli hi jati hai mene 10 saal pahly oppertion karvaya tha par koinfark nahi pada ab mujko kiya karna chahiy jissy mera muh khulny lagy pls kuch upay batay ?
I am suffering from painful and big size and no of ulcers in full mouth and throat. Frequency recurrence, and systemic disease like diabetes No or cardiac disease Only high BP. Medicine taken - tab belae fore, candid mouth paint, cyca d, ducort-30, medrol, dologel, zempred, dapsone, moza- tab. These are since last 10 months.
I had a filling done in the second pre-molar of the left upper jaw 4 years ago. Just after a year I started to have a sudden severe pain in the tooth. I visited dentist and found theres a cavity in the same tooth. Dentist told me to go for crowning rather than filling again. I ignored that time. Now the filling is gone. And I suffer from gigintivitis nd bad breath due to that tooth. I want to end this up. Should I go for crowning or should I uproot it. What if it caused problem even after crowning. By the way my age is 23. And I smoke regularly.
I have mouth ulcers since 6-7 years. I have tried many medicines but still there. What should be done.
Hello sir, I've mouth ulcer and it occurs frequently, like once or twice in a month. So, please tell it's prevention as well as cure.
I am 57 years old teeth is paining I can't eat & talk properly my lips become cross I am diabetic past 12 years.
Since a few months I am suffering from a serious tooth pain in my left side of my mouth. I cannot drink anything cold because of this problem. And let me make this clear that I had no dental issues in the past. But still I cannot use my left side tooth for drinking cold items, right now Iam using only my right side. But it is a bit difficult doing this. Can you help me how to get rid of this?
Good morning sir, a big gap infront of my teeth. How can i close it sir plz tell me and where i can get orthoband for teeth gap close. Please sir answer me.
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.