Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. S.KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
How do I know that my teeth and gums are healthy? I do not have any problem right now in my teeth and is tooth pastes (pepsodent, colgate etc) helps in improving teeth and gums heath or they are just for refreshing the mouth?
I have teeth problem. Its bleeding and pain some time And more sensitive. Please give me proper solution.
Sir,/Madam, I am 30 years old, yesterday morning when I woke up I saw my left side face was swollen. I consulted Dentist. After check up Dr. Pressed some portion on upper jaw, and diagnosed that there is puss, he prescribed antibiotic tab, painkiller and antiacidity tab to take for 5 days two times a day. He advised to extract that tooth. But I want to retain it. Please advise me what precautions should I take and is it advisable to retain or not.
My vampire teeth bite my inner cheek gums when I close my mouth due to which I have a white line too where they bite but its not painful.
I am 30 years old male am suffering from mouth ulcers for last 3 weeks. what should I do? Please help me.
I Need to ask about daily habits. 1) what about schedule of brushing tooth? please tell me. When I use paste? and when I not need to use? 2) which tooth paste is good? 3) does the soap good for bathing? if yes. Then which soap? if no then what can be used instead it?
Hi Sir/ Madam, Morning me brush karne ke baad tongue cleaning k time sputum ke saath blood clot nikalta hai kya reasons ho sakta hai. Please tell me. Thanks Varun.
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.