Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Hello doctor. my friend has injured her knee by twisting when she fell down 2 months back, her minuscii has issues and has swelling she is still under contusion about what to do about her knee she was taking physio therapy but stopped. Please give us a better opinion.
I am 23 year old mail and I am suffering from backache since last 3 month , can you help me out? Please quick reply.
I am suffering from pain in my foot my test report indicates .RA factor=19, calcium=8.8, vitamin D=10.82, bone density (T-score)= -1.02, z score= -0.81 HDL=38 Pl advice.
I hav severe pain on my right side of chest and same bak side pain also. And heaviness of chest in my right side. Wat was da cause for this? And vat treatment I should tak for this.
I am suffering with body pain or muscular pain when I do some very hard job in my field. All parts of my body has started to pain and the pain will continue for four five days. Then after that it become normal. I want to know that why it happened and what is the treatment for it. Kindly help me with the treatment.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.
A ganglion is a cystic swelling in continuity with a joint capsule or tendon sheath. It is a degenerative disorder arising from the joint capsule. It is filled with clear, viscous fluid. Ganglia are common on the dorsum of wrist.
They are often painless and resolve spontaneously. Often, only reassurance of the patient is required. Wrist splints relieve the pain. Aspiration and injection are rarely effective. Surgical excision is best avoided as recurrance rate after surgery is quite high.
I' m 32 years old and suffering from neck, shoulder right hand tingling and weakness burning sensation in nerves radiate till fingers, sometimes my left facial muscle below eyes also stops sensation for few minutes I wake up in the morning. These problem is very severe when I slept at night. I feel all the time tired, and sleepy. Due to neck and shoulder stiffness I have severe headaches. I used ice pack to get relief but those are temporary. How can I get rid of all these problem and live healthy as it effect my daily routine activities. I forget to tell that i" m having 7 month baby also. Please help me as i' m very tired to handle these problems.
2 days ago in morning i got pain in my foot. Dr. Says सायटिका. Today is 3rd days and pain is more and more in left foot back side hips to knee what can I do?
We all know it's very common in our lifestyle to drink water and all drinks with a bottle.
Due to repetitive use of neck into hyperextension many time in a day. Which cause repetitive injury into small muscle gradually.
Which cause micro spasm into the neck muscle and lead mild stiffness into the neck and limited range of motion.
Which lead to mal-alignment of the joint in the neck which alters the natural joint play moment and causing - headaches: neck pain: morning stiffness: many more symptoms.
Advice- take your water with glass by sitting at the table or on chair /bed. Whatever possible according to your surrounding.