Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. RudraYour feedback matters!
I have hypothyroidism since 15 years and taking medicine eltroxin 100 mg since then. Please suggest me the diet for hypothyroidism.
Hi actually this is for my father. He is 45 years old. Who is a diabetes patient. He has been suffering from chronic dysentery for 16 years. What food should be nd should not be eaten in this. Give me a effective medicine for it.
I am 48 years old woman 4 years back I got thyroiditis since then I m taking thyronorm 50 now my reported are within normal range my tsh level is 1.60. I feel very low on energy everytime my vit. D level was 4.5 few months back I took vit d 60 k should I continue thyronorm or stop or decrease the dose please suggest.
I am 35years old I am suffering for diabetes still not consult to doctor from 6months I dont have time what can I do please sir tell me.
How to managed blood pressure and diabetes in one week? Which season is more important to care our self.
How to control uric acid fast in women. My wife have high uric acid & he get swelling on body please suggest me what I can do.
I am 23 female having hypothyroid. Taking 50 mcg tablet and i am doing daily exercise. And i am recover from constipation. Still having irregular periods. Is this a life time problem. When i am going to stop the tablets. I cannot tolerate this to take life time tablets. Please give some suggestion to get recover fully from this.
My father is a diabetic person but he loves to eat sweets so much. So, is there any solution to control his diabetes?
My father N aunt both are diabetic. Can you pls suggest me how can they reduce the glucose level in their blood? N is ther any way for prevention of diabetes? 1.
I am 59 yrs. I am diabetic since 7 yrs. Recently my blood sugar levels are fluctuating. Today fbs is 150 yesterday it was 119. Pbs today is 300 yesterday it was 319. Four days it was 240 only. I am following strict diet plan. I am taking gemer 1 mg in the morning from today's onward I am taking 2 mg in the night iam taking vog loyd3d2.3 half tablet. Please advise.
I am a diabetic. On weekend get together I need take some drinks along with dinner. Pl suggest which is less harmful beer or whisky so that I can take that. Also whether I can take my regular diabetic medicines before drinks followed by dinner.
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication. Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.