Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rudra
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RudraYour feedback matters!
5 Remedies From Ayurveda to Increase Libido And Combat Male Infertility
Men often search for ayurvedic treatment for reproductive weakness due to a loss of libido. A lack in desires and potency can not only harm a relationship physically but emotionally too. Such a situation can be embarrassing for both the partners. It can lead to dissatisfaction, stress and anxiety.
A Poor Libido Can Be Due To Several Reasons Such As:
- Having a dissatisfactory relationship.
- Lack of confidence.
- Loss of bond and feeling of attraction between partners.
- Compulsion to pursue relationship with somebody you don't like.
- Anxiety and stress.
- Certain habits like eating salty, spicy and hot food can increase pitta. This destroys semen and cause a decline in your libido.
- It could be that you are overindulged in such activities. Overindulgence leads to a decrease in the quantity of semen.
- Controlling sexual urges for a longer duration of time can also cause a loss of libido. As this leads to Veeryaavarodha, obstruction of semen.
As loss of libido is not a major issue, it is purely psychological and organic; you can rely on herbal remedy for male infertility caused due to this situation. Ayurveda has solutions for almost everything from minor indigestion to lowered male potency. It has been a part of Indian medicine since decades now. The best part about relying on Ayurvedic treatments is that they do not have any side effects.
Here is a list of five amazing Ayurvedic solutions that can enhance male potency safely:
Ashwagandha is a popular adaptogenic herb. It is also known as Indian ginseng. You can use this herb to cure premature ejaculation, impotence, infertility and lot more. Ashwagandha improves the functioning of body and nourishes nerves. It also allows the body to adapt to stress, which is a major cause behind libido.
Moreover, ashwagandha has an ability to strengthen reproductive system, restore male potency and desires. You can easily consume this herb with milk, water and honey.
Shatavari is also known as asparagus racemosus. It is efficient at enhancing female fertility. Shatavari nourishes the female reproductive organs such as ovum. It also promotes blood circulation, formation, reduce the risk of miscarriage, and increase chances of conception and hormonal imbalance.
Shilajit has been a part of ayurvedic treatment for male infertility since years. It is known to enhance the male potency and give a boost to desires and moods. Shilajit improves both quality and quantity of male sperms.
Intake of Shilajit would also support proper functioning of sex hormones and maintain a balance in performance. It should be the first choice for men looking to boosts libido naturally.
Garlic has immense advantages when it comes to ayurvedic treatments. This is used as an effective food item to enhance libido in both men and women. Intake of garlic improves the functioning of reproductive organs post damage caused by an injury or disease.
Salabmishri is a terrestrial plant. It helps in increasing stamina and overall performance of male body. This herb also aids in improving the quality of sperms ad promoting blood circulation to the penis.
You can depend on these herbs to boost libido in a short span of time in a natural or herbal way. Consumption of herbs would not cause any harm to your body. However, if you are already taking some prescribed medicines, it would be better to consult your physician before consuming any herbs.Moreover, make sure you have a healthy diet regime. Don't eat too much spicy or hot food items. Inculcate all the vitamins and minerals in your diet. You can also opt for fresh fruits and vegetables instead of supplements.
An Ayurdhamah is dedicated to restoring and maintaining the lost balance between physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, through the understanding and practice of age-old systems of Ayurveda and Yoga. Our strength lies in understanding the body and its performance at constitutional level and that is what we apply to our Remedies.
My mother (52 years) has diabetes since March 2017.in march 2017 her plasma glucose fasting was 200 mg/ dl. Since then she was taking medicine Geminor MP 1 (1/2 tablet twice daily. Then her blood test was done in August 2017 and her plasma glucose fasting was 52 mg/dl. Then she started taking Geminor MP 1 - (1/2 tablet once daily). In November 2017 her plasma glucose fasting was 86.9 mg/dl. In December 2017 her plasma glucose fasting was 109 mg/dl. So I want to know is her sugar level increasing? Has she still diabetes? 109 mg/dl is diabetes? Her hands and legs has been shaking daily. What is the reason of her shaking hands and legs? Also she is taking medicine olmetime H 20 ,health ok, and Rosloy cv 10 since March 2017 for (high bp, and to keep heart healthy. Please suggest.
Mam I am a lactating mother n I am gaining weight very much so my doc has prescribed me to do a thyroid test in which I got d TSH level high it's 45.7.What should I do madam? Should I stop feeding my 7 months old? Please suggest.
Is there any test to be done to confirm type one or type 2 diabetes. My diabetologist is confusing me a lot on that and charging very high every time I visit his clinic.
I am a diabetic patient last 7 years and last report is fasting blood sugar is 119 mg/dl and ppl is 162 mg/dl, serum creatinine is 1.2 mg/dl and also Hba1c is 5.9. I take medicine semi reclimet half after breakfast and dinner and also I take capsule surbex Gold after breakfast. My question is how to control my blood sugar level and what diet chat I should follow? Also tell what is the position of my creatinine level?
I am type 2 diabetes and sugar level is around 140-150 after food and i am vegetarian and my weight is around 80 what are the measure i have to take to reduce the weight and i have thyroid problem and i am taking medicine for that sr100.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease, with the incidence mainly increased by changing lifestyles including food habits and sedentary way of life. How does it happen? The sugar that is consumed is metabolized by a hormone known as insulin. Diabetes can occur due to two reasons:
- Reduced amount of insulin production
- Increased amount of sugar levels beyond what the produced insulin can metabolize.
Risk factors: Diabetes can be genetic, but in most cases, it is acquired and the following are risk factors for the same.
- Ethnicity (Hispanics, Latino Americans, Afro-Americans, etc.)
- Dietary habits including excessive consumption of sugar(s), refined foods, processed foods
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Developing resistance to insulin (thereby increased sugar levels)
- Decreased amount of dietary fiber
- Increased thirst
- Increased appetite
- Increased urination
- Increased fatigue
- Unintended weight loss
- Dryness and itching of skin
- Delayed healing of wounds
- Reduced sensation in the lower limbs
Management through Lifestyle changes:
Diabetes 1 which requires insulin is not preventable but type 2 diabetes is easily manageable through lifestyle changes. This can prolong the onset of getting diabetes and reduce the severity of the disease. It also helps reduce complications. This would require a combination of diet, lifestyle changes, and healthcare.
- Sugars are the main culprit, and refined sugar consumption should be reduced.
- Oils, white rice, refined flour, processed foods, packaged foods, canned foods, etc. also to be reduced.
- Increase the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce calories and also increase fiber consumption.
- When it comes to fats, increase consumption of unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids.
- Sufficient hydration ensures the toxins are washed off and the tissues are well hydrated.
- Pack the diet with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Diabetes is considered a chronic inflammatory process, and including antioxidants in your diet ensures that the buildup of toxins is reduced and inflammation is controlled.
- Avoid eating large portions at any meal. Small, frequent meals ensure the body receives an even spread of calories.
- The size of the meal should reduce as the day goes along.
- A routine exercise regimen helps in weight management, improved insulin function, and reducing fat accumulation. Pick what works for you - jogging, cycling, running, swimming, brisk walking, etc.
- Quitting smoking has multiple benefits, and improved diabetes control is just one.
- Weight management: Weight needs to be constantly monitored for deviations and immediate course corrections to be done
- Stress management: Stress is a risk factor for diabetes and controlling stress helps improve diabetes control
- Vigilance and Monitoring: Sugar levels need to be constantly monitored. Higher sugar levels or missed doses should be immediately corrected. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!