Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha BalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Sir my eyes getting blurred some time n than on my had having to much pain. What is tha p problems please tell.
I'm a student I have a mild headache and eyes are burning at intervals last three days I was suffering these problems suggest me some medicine or treatment.
I have vision problem. So I need to know, difference between vision and eye sight? And how vision is calculated, my vision is 6/20, what it means?
Increase in use of Laptop started eye irritation and eye watering and redness, sometime due to air n cold breeze also make my eye feel irritation. What type of eye drop or any other medicine should I use?
Hello sir I have right eyes pain and tears problem last five days what should I do please tell me doctor my self Kalpana Kumari I am 35 year old married women.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Lenses were implanted twice in my left eye. Surgical PI was done as the pressure increased after ICL was done for my left eye. After the surgery Right eye is good but left eye is blurred. My surgeon said the effect of the surgical medicines used are still there on my left eye and my pupil is dilated. He said it'll get better in 3 weeks. But I m worried as I underwent the surgery twice and still my eye is blurred. It's been a week and a half since the implantation was done for my left eye, what shall I do? Please advice. Thank you for the reply. In continuation with the above question. My left eye's pupil is still dilated. I can also see some light flashes about which my doctor said not to worry. But It's been 3.5 weeks since the surgery was done. Doctor said its abnormal for the pupil to be still dilated. I m afraid of what will happen now. Can you please tel me if this is a serious condition and what I need to do or ask my surgeon.
What is hypermetropia and myopia? What are the causes of this? What are the symptoms and causes of this give me idea about this.
Sir I am 22 years old and suffering from eye weakness and currently having a specs 1.5 please suggest me a better diet.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.