Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son is 7yrs old voimiting every morning when he go to school. In holidays he does not do this. With eating or without eating he vomitts every morning. What will be the reason. I have done lft, blood test, urine and stool test.
My baby boy is 2.5 months old and he is not crying loudly is there any problems in future related voice?
Hi. My daughter is 10 months old I want to ask what are things I shud give her a healthy diet for her can I give dry fruits to her if yes how?
My 3 years old sister suffering from Diarrhea doctor said to avoid rice and milk she is hungry what we should give her to eat please tell me soon and also tell me up to what stage we should avoid rice and milk please tell me soon.
Hello doctors My 5 month baby suffered with fever 99.7 under arms without any stomach or chest infection. I have given him BABY GESIC syrup at 10.30 am today Request pls guide for further ailment for curing fever.
My kids 1 is 6 years old 2nd one is 2 1/2 years old they r not interested in eating fruits how I can make them have interest on fruits. My elder one when he goes for urine r motion very bad smell & he is very week body. Every thing k goes to school study well & also very active what I have to do to develop his body. Is their will be any problem in vitamins for not eating fruits.
Hi Doctor, my kid 3years old now, from the time of birth till now he will cry a lot. We are unable to see this crying. For example if he want chocolate and if we deney to give he will start crying till he get that one, by crying a lot and then get tired and he will fall sleep. He will speak few words and just trying now to talk but most of the things he will not understand. How can I make him control and how to make him understand the things. please help me out. We met pediatric neurologist and then took EEG, MRI SCAN, every thing is normal. He is taking homeopathic medical, as he is having speech delayed which was suggested by home doctor.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.