Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Sir, I am 32 years old male. My bp is normal and blood sugar level is also normal. I was passing happy married life but now I have performance related stress. I can't keep my erection more than 2 min. After taking manforce I can keep my erection up to 4 hours but view side effects I am not really interested for these medicine. Sir please guide.
Hello sir I am suffering from diabetes from last few years. My age is 26. And now my diabetic level is around 180. What should I do to decrease my diabetic level. Please give me suggestions to decrease my diabetic level. It is a hereditary disease. My father and mother are also having this.
Sir she is pregnant &suffering from pregnancy diabetes .6 month ago she's lost her baby and then she is 4 months pregnant. So future me baby ki delivery normally ache se ho uske liye kya precaution kiye pls suggest.
How to overcome persistent URIC ACID problem without taking any medicine. The recent blood test showed 8 whereas the maximum range is up to 7.6.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
As said walking is best exercise for diabetic and that too for 35 minutes, whether the walk should be a brisk walk or do I need to walk fastly and is it necessary that I should also sweat during that walk and whether that walk can be at any time during the day or it has to be in morning only.
I am diabetic since last 2 years. Now I have leg burning issue as well as lots of pain in legs. Also knee paining. Doctor found no pulse in legs. What are solutions for said issues.
I am 58 years old. I have an erection problem last one year. I am diabetic and hyper. Taking med regularly. Hb1c is 6.8. Please guide me to improve.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
Diabetes is a complex group of diseases with a variety of causes. People with diabetes have high blood glucose, also called high blood sugar or hyperglycemia.
Diabetes is a disorder of metabolism, the way the body uses digested food for energy. The digestive tract breaks down carbohydrates, sugars and starches found in many foods, into glucose, a form of sugar that enters the bloodstream. Diabetes develops when the body doesn't make enough insulin or is not able to use insulin effectively, or both.
The two main types of diabetes are:
Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 diabetes typically occurs in children and young adults, though it can appear at any age. In the past, type 1 diabetes was called juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
Heredity plays an important part in determining who is likely to develop type 1 diabetes. Genes are passed down from biological parent to child.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes develops most often in middle-aged and older people who are also overweight or obese. The disease, once rare in youth, is becoming more common in overweight and obese children and adolescents. Type 2 diabetes is caused by a combination of factors, including insulin resistance, a condition in which the body's muscle, fat, and liver cells do not use insulin effectively.
Physical Inactivity, Obesity, and Diabetes: Physical inactivity and obesity are strongly associated with the development of type 2 diabetes. People who are genetically susceptible to type 2 diabetes are more vulnerable when these risk factors are present. About 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese.
An imbalance between caloric intake and physical activity can lead to obesity, which causes insulin resistance and is common in people with type 2 diabetes. Central obesity, in which a person has excess abdominal fat, is a major risk factor not only for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes but also for heart and blood vessel disease, also called cardiovascular disease (CVD). This excess belly fat produces hormones and other substances that can cause harmful, chronic effects in the body such as damage to blood vessels.
So, measuring your waist is a quick way of assessing your diabetes risk. This is a measure of abdominal obesity, which is a particularly high-risk form of obesity. Women have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes if their waist measures 80cm (31.5 inches) or more. Asian men with a waist size of 89cm (35 inches) or more have a higher risk, as do white or black men with a waist size of 94cm (37 inches) or more.
Simple Steps to Lower Your Risk: Making a few lifestyle changes can dramatically lower the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. The same changes can also lower the chances of developing heart disease and other life taking cancers.
1. Control Your Weight: Being overweight increases the chances of developing type 2 diabetes seven-fold. Being obese makes you 20 to 40 times more likely to develop diabetes than someone with a healthy weight. Losing weight can help if your weight is above the healthy-weight range. Check your BMI. Losing 7 to 10 percent of your current weight can cut your chances of developing type 2 diabetes in half.
2. Get Moving and Turn Off the Television: Inactivity promotes type 2 diabetes. Working your muscles more often and making them work harder improves their ability to use insulin and absorb glucose. This puts less stress on your insulin-making cells.
3. Tune Up Your Diet: Four dietary changes can have a big impact on the risk of type 2 diabetes-
Choose whole grains and whole grain products over highly processed carbohydrates.
- Skip the sugary drinks, and choose water, coffee, or tea instead.
- Choose good fats instead of bad fats.
- Limit red meat and avoid processed meat; choose nuts, whole grains, poultry, or fish instead.
If you are already suffering from diabetes, then do take a walk everyday and adopt healthy eating habits. Along with that relieve your stress and take proper doses of insulin or medications as prescribed by your doctor.
I am a girl age 21 my weight is just 44. I am suffering from thyroid from last 3 years n my weight is decreasing rapidly. What kind of diet should I take which can increase my weight. N I have hair loss problem. What steps should I take.
Sir I am in diabetic since last 12 yrs. I am taking four different tablets for sugar. Insulin injection or tablet is better?
I am 45 years old man. I have diabetes for last 10 years and being used medicines. How to control without medicine? I do not have Blood pressure. Further, I do not have children. After concerned tests made, found that azoospermia. For this, I have used home medicine for 2 years and for 6 month used ayurved medicine. But, result 0. I need suggestion for all.
ये औषधियां शुगर के लिए दी जाने वाली अग्रेजी दवाओं के हानिकारक प्रभाव (side effects) को कम करतीं हैं,शुगर के कारण होने वाली शारीरिक क्षति से सुरक्षा करतीं है । एवं शरीर में शुगर की मात्रा को नियंत्रित रखने में मदद करतीं हैं।
Get effective ayurvedic "anti diabetic preparation" contact on lybrate
He is a typ 2 diabetes patient from last 10 yrs, & we are looking for a nutritionist for him, for better health. Or else at least let us know what & how he should take on daily basis?
Neem leaves stimulates the immune system, improves liver functionality, detoxifies the blood and promotes a healthy respiratory and digestive system.
It is famous as a malaria treatment and works for diabetes well. Neem leaves enhance biological functions by strengthening the immune system.
Due to its anti-viral activity, neem leaves are boiled and are used for bathing especially for those who are suffering from skin ailments. This provides respite to conditions such as eczema, cold sores and warts. It soothes inflammation by soothing itching and irritation.
Neem leaves also helps to remove intestinal parasites and restores healthy functioning of the intestine.