Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. RathinaveluYour feedback matters!
What is dengue fever? I am suffering for this from past 2 week. I weel very week. My knee also pains. Please suggest me some good medicine.
I am 35 years old, female. I have swelling in my legs for 2 days and after that it will be normal and again swelling will be there for some days. It is continuing like this. May I know what I have to do and I have more leg pain also. Please guide me what I have to do.
I am 50 yr male. My elbow is fractured. Doc put a plaster which I got removed before one week but still stiffness is present in hand and iam not able to move my hand properly.
My wife is 65 years and 70 kg weight is suffering from osteoarthritis in both knees and doctors have advised knee replacement surgery. Recently an orthopaedic doctor started steroid MEDROL 4 MG every alternate day along with some Homeopathic medicines. She has considerable relief in stiffness and pain. Kindly advise whether steroids can be continued. If so how long. What adverse affects can the steroids have. She is already taking medicine NEBISTAR and dytor 5 for her Heart problem.
She has numbness in palms and feet at night while sleeping? What is the reason for it? Is there any solution for it?
Chronic patient of diabetic, blood pressure, Left leg is swelling and bacons fatty figure Kindly advice.
Hi, My name is Amit and I am 22 years old and used to box (boxer). I used to suffer alot from shoulder dislocations. Later on, I came to know that it was Bankart lesion and Hill such Lesion due to which I used to suffer from my shoulder dislocation. My doctor suggested me to undergo surgery and he added some implants in my shoulder to fix it, that's what he said to me. I had my surgery in february. So, Can I go to gym and lift heavy weights? Can I continue wid my boxing? What's your advice to me on this? Kindly Reply. Thank You.
Hi I am feeling that my bare foot many a times becoming senceless from bottom. If I keep this in hot salt water for 15 min. Then I feel better but after 3 days it again gives me numb sensation. What should I do please. Advice.
I was weak because of previous viral fever. I travelled in bus for a night then my legs and hand got little swallow. On how many days it will be ok.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.