Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RathinaveluYour feedback matters!
Having backache from many years. What will be the exact cause? Sleeping posture or due to carrying of weight?
I have a slip disk problem. My lower back pains regularly. I cannot bend much. Is it curable. Can physiotherapy helps. Pls suggest.
There is always back pain. But x-ray test and any other test as prescribed by doctors, get nothing like that, what is the remedy for my back pain.
Swelling in ankle joint. Pain in knee muscle. Shooting pain from ankle to upwards. While walking leg is paining both legs. Doctor says it is thrombosis though dopler dvt. Test is negative. Pl advise the remedy. Thank you doctor.
I am 23 years old from last couple of weeks I have feet ache I use so many tablet and meet with many doctors but I have no relief. So what I do plzzz help me.
I am a 24 year old working woman having pain in my shoulders on a regular basis. Please help as to what should I do?
Hi, I have problem of my body pain I have to much pain on my back I used medicine and tube but no benefit please consult what I do?
Hi I am weighing around 85 kg now n unable to loose weight inspite of brisk walk of 30 to 45 min daily n good diet plans (from reputed dieticians). In past 6 years I have lost 10 to 12 kgs 3 times with aerobics twice n once yoga n assigned diet. I have done the test of vit b12 n thyroid. They r normal. Inspite of having knee pain (hv been reduced but not completely) from 8 months, I do diet n walk (did suryanamaskars but left due to fear in within these 8 months) but unable to loose. Tat demotivates me a lot. Can anyone guide tat can give fruitful results.
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.