Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RasheedaYour feedback matters!
Actually my wife is 7 month pregnant it's our 1 st baby and my wife's age is 25 We don't want a second baby so what are the remedy available for us to prevent second pregnancy totally Matlab condom chod ke aur kya kya rate hai jisse hum second pregnancy ko avoid kar sakti hai I've heard about one injection which prevent pregnancy for 5 years is it really and also pls suggest me safe and long lasting (jada din tak change wala/ permanent) solution And also is limestone is good for baby if it consume with pomegranate juice by mother Pls help me thanks.
I have 140 range of glucose challenge test and I am 7 month pregnancy but last time it's 82 it is normal or not.
I have diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma, NOS, in right breast (in biopsy report, triple negative (ER-negative, PR-NEGATIVE, HER 2-NEGATIVE). The tumor measures 5 cm* 3 cm mammographically. After giving 3 no. Of chemo the tumor shrinks to 1.9*0.7*1 cm in USG. My doctor done modified radical mastectomy. Please tell me after surgery.
Hey I had my last periods on april. 7 And now on may I miss my periods And on. 13 may I had a very light brown discharge. Very light and not continuously And flow is very light and even I do not even need sanitary napkins Is dat implementation bleed Or anything else And even I am planning for a baby too And dis bleed is very much differ from periods And today I test home pregnancy test which is negative Please suggest about dis.
Meri toilet ki jagah se white water bahut jada aa rha he. Is problem ka kya aur kese solution rahega. Please sir/mam advice me. Thnx.
I am suffering with too much pain at the time of menses because of stone in Gall bladder. What shall I have to do?
Think Diwali and you can’t help but think of firecrackers. The festival of lights is synonymous with the bursting of firecrackers all night long. But stop a minute to think: are burning firecrackers really good for your health? The answer would be a resounding ‘No!’ Bringing out the fireworks is not only bad for the environment, the old and the infirm, and the animals all around, but it is also bad for you. Here are 5 deadly effects of firecrackers on your health that perhaps we tend to ignore every Diwali!
1. Harmful for your ears: First and foremost, you can’t deny the loud booms and bangs of firecrackers; and considering the trend these days, the louder the better. An average human being can bear noise levels of up to a maximum of 85 decibels. Sound produced by firecrackers can go as high as 140 decibels! That’s way beyond what human ears can handle, and such high levels can cause hearing impairments and even permanent ear damage. Increased heartbeat and high blood pressure are other things you can suffer from due to excessively high noise levels.
2. Injuries and burns: This is something you do know. A lot of burns and injuries take place due to unsafe practices used while bursting firecrackers. Burns on the hands and legs are pretty common, especially among children. In fact, in some serious cases a misfired rocket or a chocolate bomb can lead to massive fires, which is, needless to say, definitely not good for you and your health.
3. Respiratory and skin troubles: When you launch the fireworks one after the other, you give rise to excessive smoke. This smoke contains miniscule metallic particles, which produce very dense and foggy smog. A lot of road accidents take place because of this obstruction in visibility. The chemicals in this smog are specifically harmful for those suffering from asthma and other respiratory diseases. In fact, these chemicals can also give rise to skin rashes, sinusitis, eye infections, headaches and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD). Children and pregnant women seem to fall into the high-risk zones.
4. Stomach Problems: While lighting firecrackers, or by simply holding them in your hands, your body absorbs the chemicals they are composed of. Even washing hands is not enough to get rid of these hazardous chemicals entirely. Minute traces of these are left in your hands, which are ingested while you have your meals. This can lead to indigestion, and other digestive problems. Even the water you consume becomes tainted with the pollution in the air at this time of the year, making it unfit for consumption.
5. Other health hazards: Nausea and mental impairment, and even heart attack are some of the other things that can happen to you while indulging in the fireworks fun. Sleeping disturbance is another common problem faced at this time of the year. The loud noise gives rise to sleepless nights for many, and results in fatigue the next day.
Before watching the sparkles, colours and magical lights of fire crackers this Diwali, be sure to ask yourself, is it really worth it?
WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SAFE DIWALI!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Her periods are late this month. We haven't had sex, but half way insertion had taken place. No ejaculation. To be on the safe side she took ipill, on the very same day. And one more the next day. This happened in November. Her periods have been regular until this point. Next month it was on time. But lasted lesser than usual. In January it was late by 2 days, this time lesser than usual, lasted only 2 days (normally is 4 days). This is the 31st day (usual cycle is 25days). She hasn't had period yet. Could she be pregnant?
My gf had periods on 27/05/16 I had unprotected sex with her on 6/6/16. I had given her unwanted 72 on 7/6/16 after that we had sex but condom is damaged or broke my sperm gone inside her vagina on 12/6/16 then I had given her unwanted 72 within 48 hours after sex .her periods are not coming til today's date .Is she pregnant. Please tell me or suggest me fast.
Hi, I am 5 weeks pregnant from the last two days I have lite bleeding which is continuous and dark brown in colours with lite clots I didn't have any severe pain is this a bad sign of miscarriage? r any problem need advice.
I'm 21 year old. I had unprotected sex on 2nd oct-&I got vaginal bleeding on 10th October. I get my periods on 24th of every month. Now it's 10th November, when will I get my regular periods?
Decreased Libido and vaginal dryness of mine. Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation with my partner.
Im 21 years old and I have an hypothyroid problem from last 2 years and am taking iodine tablet every morning, recently I came to know that my tsh, t3 and t4 levels are normal in the report but still my hair loss, wait gaining and menstrual problems are not cured please give me a solution.
Hi I forget to take 3 dose of contraceptives pills what I can do now how it will continue? its is possible to continue or not?
My wife is pregnant of 8& 1/2 months and suffering from dry cough since last 2 week. Can you suggest what should be done. Can she take medicine..
The couple had been engaged in full intercourse without protection. The girl has missed her regular periods. What medicine should be prescribed to avoid the pregnancy?
Green tea has been promoted as one of the healthiest beverages around. It is made from the same kind of leaves (camellia sinensis) as generic black tea or oolong tea. The primary difference is that while processing the leaves for green tea, the withering and fermentation procedures are avoided, which helps the leaves retain more nutrients. However, green tea comes with quite a few side effects just like ordinary tea or coffee. They are:
1. Digestive problems
Since green tea is not put through the oxidation or fermentation process, the tannins present in the leaves are not removed. Tannins, can cause nausea and constipation by producing more gastric acid. Adding a little milk to your tea might help with this problem.
2. Reduced absorption of iron
Green tea contains catechins- antioxidants, which can block the absorption of iron from food. Iron deficiency has a number of negative impacts, the most threatening one being anemia where red blood cell formation is hindered. Anemia causes fatigue because sufficient oxygen is not circulated throughout the body due to low haemoglobin levels.
3. Problems with the nervous system
Green tea contains caffeine, just like tea or coffee, though its caffeine content is lower. Excessive consumption can lead to insomnia-like tendencies, heightened anxiety, frequent urination, irregular heartbeat, muscle cramps etc.
4. Risks during pregnancy
Caffeine decreases calcium content in the body, leading to weaker bones, which is an alarming symptom in an expecting mother. Also, caffeine, catechins and tannins are individually related to increased risks of miscarriage and other negative effects. Tannins and catechins passed on to breast milk can also block absorption of nutrients like proteins and fats in an infant's system.
5. Reactions with medication
Several chemical drugs are extremely reactive to the polyphenols in green tea, especially stimulant drugs like nicotine, ephedrin and amphetamine. Green tea reduces the functioning of lithium and dipyridamole. The polyphenols may also block the healing properties of the anti-cancer drug name bortezomib. Any kind of interference with your regular medication may impact your health adversely.
6. Negative impact on patients with glaucoma
The disease impairs the optic nerve and green tea increases the pressure on the eye within minutes of drinking it because caffeine accelerates intraocular pressure. The effects take more than an hour to subside.