Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
We got married 3 years ago. From last year we are trying for a baby. But we are unsuccessful. My wife age is 22 years her weight is 42 kg. Height is 5.2 feet. She also don't have her period at time. Period always get delay by 10 15 days. Some time it more days. Please advise.
Hi please tell me how to use a copper t and when it should be taken in use does it should be use during the intercourse after the intercourse or before the intercourse. And how much time it will be work. And can I am use it myself or I need a doctor?
Hie I am 26 years old n I hv 2 children first is normal delivery a boy and second is baby girl with c section now I wanted to lose my weight so my baby is 10 month old what should I do to lose my weight please help me.
If couging better avoid visiting crowded places
Avoid going to work if having cold,fever.
Never board a bus/taxi,if driver coughing.
Put a tissue paper/handkerchief on mouth if coughing
Before hiring a domestic help in house,get a xray chest done and sputum for AFB examined and physician examination.
Avoid living in crowded places having less light/freshair
June 1 mensuration cycle starts. Bleeding will be 4 days. June 28 approximately next menstration cycle bleeding starts. Now give me the information to have sex to avoid pregnancy. Tell me in detail about stages of fertility. On which days chances of pregnancy more. And on which days chances of pregnancy very less.
I'm unmarried 21 years old girl. I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 23-24 April, 2016. Now i'm so worried about being getting pregnant coz my periods always comes regular at proper gap of 25-26 days. But this month my period comes 5 days late on 9 May, 2016 with less bleeding than usual. I so scared coz i'm unmarried I can't take any risk. Than on 21 May, 2016 I take an home pregnancy test with PREGANEWS it comes negative. But the problem is i'll continuously feeling tired from 1 week, having headache, heart pain, heartburn, breast tenderness-soreness-nipples tingles, and increased gas problem. I'm very much scared by all dis. Some Dr. On Lybrate earlier answered me that i'm not pregnant but please give me the answer if i'm not pregnant than why this is all i'll continuously feel. Plzzz help me as soon as possible i'm in big problem. Suggest me please what I have to do please i'm unmarried I can't take any risk. please suggest me
I am planning for an iui treatment. I have been given clomiphene from day 2-day 6 Is it safe? What is the other option fr getting pregnant with erection problems. Sperm count and other factors all normal.
Breast cancer is a type of cancer, which occurs due to the development of cancerous cells in breasts. Women are usually affected by breast cancer and breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer after skin cancer. Usually fatal if not diagnosed in its early stage, breast cancer is a very serious medical ailment. Read on more to find all about the different symptoms, causes, preventive measures and treatment of breast cancer.
Symptoms: Breast cancer has few distinct characteristics and if you have a few or all the following symptoms you could be more likely to suffer from breast cancer.
- The formation of a lump in your breast, which is different from the surrounding tissue and usually more thickened.
- The discharge of bloody fluid material from the nipples.
- Sudden change of the size, shape and appearance of the breast.
- Certain distinct changes to the skin over the breast for example an indentation in the skin similar to that of a dimple.
- Appearance of an extra nipple which is inverted.
- If the darkened area around the nipples known as the areola is flaking or peeling off.
Causes: Studies and researches remain inconclusive on what causes breast cancer. Breast cancer occurs due to abnormal division of the cells located in the breast, which over time accumulate and form lumps. They
might spread to other parts of the body. Breast cancer is caused mainly due to a complex interaction of personal genetics, environment and lifestyle choices. Breast cancer can also be caused due to genetics as about 5% to 10% of cases are due to gene mutations which pass onto generations.
Risk factors: There are certain factors, which increase the probability of contracting breast cancer. Increasing age, personal and family history of breast cancer, obesity, radiation exposure, pregnancy at an older age, postmenopausal hormone therapy are some of the factors that increase the chances of breast cancer.
Treatment: Several forms of surgical methods exist to treat breast cancer. Depending on the condition and spread of the disease a suitable surgery is performed. These include mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary lymph node dissection and removal of both breasts. Other forms of treatment include chemotherapy or the use of high doses of drugs to destroy cancerous cells. Radiation therapy where X-rays are used to destroy the cancer cells is also effective.
Hi ,I am 24 years old female, from 2 days from my vagina sticky transparent watery type discharge is coming out frequently what does it mean please tell me I am very much tensed.
My wife is 27 years old. She continue fall blooding from last 10 days after taken drugs of destroy pregnancy. Please give a suitable medicine to stop she's fall blooding.
MY eyes are yellow, I m not getting saliva in my mouth, I m also not willing to eat anything. What should I do?
Can being intimate with husband is safe during first Trimester. please elaborate can it be normal intercourse or having some precaution in speed, positions etc.
I masturbated and washed my hands with water and then after 10 minutes, I fingered my girl friends vagina. Is there any chance of getting her pregnant?
Sit at the dinner table, and you'd find yourself invariably extending your hand to the glass of water on the side of your plate. While you may think it's absolutely necessary to have a glass of water during your meals, the truth is this habit of yours might be damaging your health. Read on to find out how.
1. It Dilutes your Gastric Juices - When the digestive acids (acids responsible for the digestion and breakdown of food as well as for killing infectious agents ingested with food) present in your stomach are diluted with water, they bring about a slowdown in the functioning of your entire digestive system. This slowdown results in food remaining lodged in your stomach for a longer period than normal, thereby causing indigestion.
Additionally, the reaction caused by the dilution of water and stomach acids can give rise to cramps in your tummy.
2. It Reduces the Saliva in your Mouth - The same thing that happens to the acids in your stomach, happens to your saliva as well. Water dilutes the saliva, which stops the breakdown of food in your mouth. Also, your saliva is responsible for stimulating your stomach to release digestive enzymes and prepare itself for the process of digestion. By drinking water with your meals, such signals sent by your saliva to your stomach become much weaker. All these together can make digestion very difficult.
3. It Causes Acidity - Studies show that drinking water with your meals not only leads to the dilution of digestive enzymes, but also brings about a reduction in the secretion of digestive enzymes. This causes the undigested food in your stomach to leak into the lower part of your oesophagus (food pipe), causing acidity and heart burn.
4. It increases insulin Production - Sipping on water in the middle of lunch (or any other meal for that matter) causes a spike in your insulin levels just as glycaemic foods (foods with high starch or sugar content such as honey, potatoes, white bread, rice to name a few) would. When your body is unable to digest food properly, it usually tends to convert the glucose filled part of that food into fat and stores it, reason why your blood sugar levels see an upsurge.
5. It Adds to your Weight - Since drinking water causes an increase in insulin levels in your body (as the food you eat is converted to fat), it can result in the piling of extra weight on your body. This is because a weak digestive system is one of the major causes behind obesity.
Try having your meals with less salt and drink water 30 minutes before each meal to control your thirst when you're eating. This can help you in controlling the negative effects that drinking water with your meals can have on your health.
Make a wise choice and stay healthy. Feel free to ask me more questions you might have.
My periods date was 18. Sept I usually get my periods 5 or 6 days before But still now I did not got my periods n my husband n I had unprotected sex also M feeling like cramps Stomach pain Vomiting Are this signs of being pregnant I had 2 ectopic also before Please check additional info also.
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling