Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramya. S
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ramya. SYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my eyes, I'm feeling tiredness and weakness from last 2 week. Please suggest what should I do?
Hello sir I am 19 years 8 months old. My eye power is approximately above -4 in both eyes. Pls suggest me ways to get rid of glasses. Also.is there any chance of harm to my eyes if I do LASER or LASIK surgery? What is the cost of it in kolkata?
I have red eyes for three days and severe headache also. What is the cure of it and how it can be avoided?
Hi Doctor Ji, Mujhe Hamesha Jukham Ho Jata hai aur nose se pani ata hai so me kya karu upaye bata dejiya eyes par bhi dard hota hi.
MY age is now 20 should I operate my eyes with LASIK operation or I should wait some more time. Is there any best hospital in udaipur regarding this.
I have a Major problem in my eyes when I ride bike at night and when straight light come to my eyes my eyes start paining and Anabel to see any think. Help me qhat should I do.
My little sister have problem of dry eyes since from last november'14. I have visited many doctors in kolkata for this in last few months. She has also went for l v prasad few times as she was in hyderabad for her study. Now the doctors from kolkata, every one suggest her to put a eye drop called systern ultra for 7-8 times 2 drops each time on each eye & restasis eye drop 2 drops on each eye 2 times in time. Now she is telling every time she can't read any thing like newspaper for a 5 min. Continue. We also told it to the doctor but everyone told us it will take 3 mnths to start action of restasis. She love to read & very unfortunately she has to stop at the last of her m. Phil course. Now this is the other problem for her mental block that she is also suffering. Now I want to know is there any way that she can start her reading right now. Please suggest me what should I do right now for her.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
With so many of us using computers and laptops at work, computer eye strain has become a major complaint. Studies have shown that eye strain and other distressing visual symptoms occur in 50 to 90 percent of individuals working on the computers. The problems can range from physical fatigue to minor annoyance like red eye and eye twitching, thus resulting in decreased productivity and an increment in errors.
And, with an increasingly digitized world, computers can never be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. So, it is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes. Here are some of them:
- Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis as it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
- Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help in minimizing the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
- The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly, keeping these tips in mind.
- Eye exercise: You should perform some eye exercises regularly to reduce the strain and to give relaxation to your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
- Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minutes breaks for every 20 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
- Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which curbs dryness in your eyes. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes.
Apart from following these tips, you should also make sure to go in for a regular eye check-up, so as to avoid any major problems. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!