Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RamuYour feedback matters!
My mom is a diabetic patient, my maternal uncles are having the same problem, so I am afraid that I may also. So how can I prevent from getting a diabetic? My age is 26.
My father is 65 years old. His uric acid has increased 7.9. Could you pls suggest some measures to keep it in check. Also he has high BP. Thanks Javed.
Am a diabetic and under medication. My blood sugar fasting is 111 and post lunch is 187. Please advice the reasons for too much spiking.
What is the remedy to reduce high uric level (15.5. From the body. I have been drinking 3-4 glass of water daily, taking apple cider via near and lemon juice without sugar Twice daily. But still the next day when I get up in the morning, the pain starts again. Please help, If any Doctor can prescribe me any medicine or natural product. Which would help in dissolving the high uric acid from the body.
Sir I am 58 and two years bacck cabg done. Since 3 to 4 months my sugar levels are fluctuating between 300 and 65. Can you please explain why it is so sir.
Hi I am 47 female I am diabetic patient over wait I have thyroid and blood pressure. Please help me to reduce weight and my sugar level. I am taking insoline 3rd time. and sugar medicine too
I have diabetes and sugar is very high from last couple of days. I also get hypoglycemia at times. What to do?
I am having cervical spondylosis . My right hand is paining seriously . Tell me proper medicine that can cure it . I am diabetic . Doctor has prescribed me to check (MRI of cervical spine with screening of brain ) is it necessary to check it. Doctor has prescribed this medicine are they perfect : Medicine are as follows Defical -os capsule MyCo -folio acid, B-complex & lipoic Acid tablets HD3 softgel capsule Pregalin x Dr. 75.
What is the symptoms of diabetes and hepatitis C.what medicine will be good for this diseases. Please help me.
Hi I am a diabetic n take insulin but still my sugar level shoots up even if I eat anything . Kindly suggest what to do.
Hello Doctor! Is having karela juice good for weight loss Is it ok to have when your cholesterol level is little high and borderline diabetes is there.
Hi, I am 63 years old. My sugar counts to 343. BP 200/95. What is your suggestions since I don't want to take medicine. Only diet control treatment chart needed. Please help me. - S Sen Sarma.
I wish to know high protein foods for vegetarians, who are diabetics. Maybe for breakfast or lunch. Thnx.
I have a problem of constipation. What I have to do. I have also problem of diabetes. What I have to do for the solution of this.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.