Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. RamkumarYour feedback matters!
My friend is affected with severe bad breath issue for long time, he brushed his teeth twice a day and using mouth wash but the sais issue not reduced and also some time when he cough some white small stones (,tonsil stones) come from his throat. Pls help him.
Hello sir, I am 20 years old. My gums are bleeding from some days but there is no pain. They are degrading. On searching it seems to be gingivitis. It is in first stage. Sir what are the remedies for this. Please describe both clinical as well as home remedies.
I am a 22 year old male. I usually gets affected by mouth ulcers in an interval of two months or three months. But since two months before I am keep getting affected by this mouth sores one after another. One sore will last for two weeks maximum. And also I have noticed that I have some memory problems recently and some times I will not have no idea what I just done. And also I feeling this cold tingling in my hands. I think there is some connection between this like vit b12 deficiency. And recently have stated take vitamin pills but nothing changed yet. What could be my problem. Please reply me.
My front teeth broke when I was 16 year old. It's colour changed to yellow after 2 -3 years then my dentist done root canal treatment and crown placement. But after 1 year my crown displaced or however gap between gum and crown occurred which looks not descent because I am a young lady and its my front teeth. Then my dentist changed my crown. This time while changing my crown my original teeth broke and somehow doctor manage it to cover with crown. But now again gap between crown and gum is occurred. What should I do. Please help, it is my third time when I am replacing my crown. And my original teeth structure beneath tooth is broken. What should I do. I don't want to look ugly at any cost.
Hlo sir my name is harsh my age is 21 Year, I have teeth ache there is cavity in my teeth what I have to do, sir if possible provide me natural solution.
I have teeth pain. My right side corner teeth are paining. I have cavity in that. My doc fill silver cement. Its about 5 months later. Now I have pain and swelling. Doc gave me this tablet. C symbiotik p T metrogyl 200 T nimulid 100 T chymoral forte. I took this tablet from yesterday .pain is not reducing. What can I do.
I am 25 years old I under went ortho treatment 1 yr back for spacing on both upper and lower front teth. I removed my braces and now relapse again so I have space between my upper incisors. Nw im wearing a clear retainer so how long I use it? How to clean my clear retainer? Should I wear in night tym? After removing frm my mouth where should I place it in water or any solution or should I keep it like that
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
These conditions can be changed by night brushing which removes the food debris and reduces the germs that cause cavities.
Eating a piece of cheese after a meal helps in pulling away some of the plaque and leftover tiny food particles from meals. And since it contains calcium, it adds to the health of teeth and bones as well.