Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RamanadhanYour feedback matters!
My baby having 5-6 times potty in a day since last 15 days. He is 4 month 1 week old. Got treatment but no effective results. Help me.
While india is racing towards the no 1 country having the most number of diabetic patients, though the knowledge regarding the general guidelines about diabetes care, or dos and dont's to follow is lacking on a very large scale patients and that includes the most literate persons also.
There are a few things that matters the most which are as follows:
1) diet: most patients are in knowledge that the diet should be restricted in sweets. But rarely anybody knows that only restriction of food that taste sweet will not do the needed.
The food high in carbohydrates also must be included in the list as carbohydrates are the first line source of the body's energy store to convert them in to sugar.
E. G. Rice, potatos, bananas, or over ripen fruits.
And advice is to take them in minimum quantity instead of completely banning them.
Again how to eat? the advise is to divide your large meals in to smaller meals at the interval of 3-4 hours. Avoid eating too much at a time. Diabetes patients also should not indulge in fasting too much.
2) exercise: now many knows that diabetes is having two types: insulin dependent and insulin independent.
In the first type there is actual lack of effective circulating insulin, while the second types does have most of the time considerable amount of insulin to be used but the effectiveness is reduced. Because of the increased amount of fat deposition around cells. In that case doing prescribed exercise will not only help build the general health but by reducing the fat layer around the cells it helps the insulin to reach its effector cells and do its functions normally. Thats why exercise is one of the crucial key points in the diabetic regime.
3) regular investigation: this a very major dilema in many patients that I have observed throughout my practice. Many of the patients don't go for investigation in the fear that what if the blood sugar level comes abnormal. At that point I could remember a saying" if a cat drinks milk with the eyes closed, it doesn't mean that world does not see it.
If its already abnormal then by going for the investigation will make you aware and you can take proper preventive steps to by pass any complications that might have fall upon you.
So advise isto go for the regular blood sugar checkup at least once every two months for those whose levels remains under the normal range and often if it is uncontrolled.
And one should also think of investigated for hba1c every 3-4 months as it will give general idea of the glycemic control.
4) general prevention of complication and specific cares:
By following the above mentioned points you could easily prevent the major complications. But there are also some specific cares you should not ingnore:
Like get examined for any underlying heart condition, or opthalmic conditions, or the like, or kidney problems, or neurological involvement.
Out of these one that I care the most and patients ingnore the most is foot care:&nbsp;
Why is this important: as our feet not being a vital organ we usually ignore but it can be a reason for a very major complication and even can be fatal.
Because of diabetes there are very chances that any injury will not heal at a normal pace and if not taken a due care then it can turn into gangrene. Which we all know that leads to amputation and life long being a handicap.&nbsp;
Because of poor supply and other vascular degeneration it can cause deep vein thrombosis means the veins in you leg gets obstructed by clotts and if such clott dislodges from there and gets in to the circulation then whenever it gets deposited it causes a grave complication like myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke (paralysis), or other organs can also get affected.
These were some important topics that I thought the general population should know so that they can educate themselves and minimize their emergency visits to the doctors.
Being a homeopath I cannot restrain myself to propogate homeopathy because it is as a true notion that a harmless and gentle treatment, less costly than any other mode of treatment (directly or indirectly), very easy to follow (just few white sugar pills and drops of medicines), prevents the above mentioned complications, and not only that also improves the general health.
There are some homeopathic medicines well proved to be very effective and unquestionable positive effects:
E. G:- syzigium jambolanum, cephalendra, abroma augusta, uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid etc.
Note: above mentioned medicines are very useful and anybody can try but the advise is to consult the specialist as the doses and the repititions needs to be regulated case specifically.
My son 3.5 years boy has a swollen of penis from last night. Now turning reddish. Has pain. What to do? Washed with lukewarm hot water with dettol. But still no relief.
My 2 months baby's body getting sometimes hot and sometimes normal. Don't know why past 3 days it's happening.
My nephew is usable to sit, walk and talk from birth time and his current age is 3 year please suggest any treatment.
My son having high grade fever of 102 103 frm past 1 day he is given advent forte 3.5 ml. For tonsil inflammation and his urine culture is awaited. From past sometime he is taking antibiotics every alternate month. Is it safe to give him given the antibiotics abuse notion circulating around. We have tried so many things to increase hia immunity but all go in vein.
Hey doc We are planning to go somewhere by train. Journey will be overnight. I am worried about my 1.5 years baby because he used to drink milk 2-3 times in night and there is no milk available on the way. What should I do? In what ways I can prevent milk?
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
Dear doctor, my son is 13 years old, weight - 30 kg only, suffering from hypo thyroid. My son is on eltorxin 75 mcg (glaxo) per day. Some of my relatives suggest to take spirulina tab or powder, noni-c powder and daily one glass of water of lemon salt (1/2 tea spoon). Can I give spirulina tab, noni-c and one glass of lemon salt water. Please guide.
Hi my son is 7 months old and suffering from motion since 5 days and vomiting and not taking milk or anything.
Dear all, I have few set of doubts for baby feeding, I am blessed with baby boy, now he is 5 months old, he is not properly taking mother feeding, and he is not sleeping during day time, per day he is sleeping only 7 hrs that too during night time. When he born his weight is 3.50 kg now he is 4kg 800grms. When he was in 2 months doctors? advice to to give powder milk (enfamil a+). We are feeding using feeding bottle. Please help us to increase baby weight, and increasing mother feeding regards,
Hi , My daughter is 15 months old, she is 9.6 kgs wt, she is not at all eating anything . She even not drinking water. Pls suggest me what to do.
My son have a bad habit. He is 5 years. Wo apni finger, nose m dalkr. Apny mouth m dalta hai. Pehle y problem nhi thi. Kuch time s krny Kya hai. Kya kuch help mil skti hai. Kya iski koi medicine available hai. Please help me.
Meri beti 3 years ki hai aur uska weight sirf 12 kg ha wo kuch bhi nahi khati hai bas thoda sa milk leti hu main kya karu uski kuch aisi medicine bataye jisse wo aur kuch bhi khane lage aur uski bhookh badh jaye.
I am 25 years old and I am so much vulnerable to cold cough and ultimately fever. Whenever it happens, it completes a cycle of 5-6 days and ultimately to control it I have to take antibiotics like Amoxicillin and cough syrup. I am. So fed of up of it now. Suggest me ways to stay from it. Thank you.
Is this necessary to boil amul milk to give 1 year baby or we can use it without boiling, Because baby is not drink boiled and cool after boiling, it only take directly from packet, is this harmful for her health. Please advice.
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?