Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramamurthy
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RamamurthyYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from osteo arthritis problems in knee last 7 years. I want ayurvedic treatment for her. Can you please help us. She is 42 and 5.1 with 75kg.
Hello sir. I am 42, and 102 kgs at 5.8.ft. I am suffering from excessive knee pain and pain below the heels. My blood sugar and uric acid are normal. But I am fat and my body forms gas in low food quantities. It has been years that I take esoz40 in the morning to avoid acidity. Due ti this gas I have continuous body pain which forbids me from physical exercise. Please advice.
I am 31 years old. I face very problems for my right hand wrist (nerve) pain before 1 month. I consult many doctors (orthopedic and medicine) but no result. What can I do?
I am having 19 Months girl baby, her legs are in bow shape. Can we give homeopathic medicine to cure this legs. If so how long we need to continue.
Sir, while folding and unfolding some of my fingers of both hands experience pain now a days. Could you please explain the reason and what I should do?
Hello Dr. my mother aged 66 suffering from severe back pain pl give some remedy n also she has arthritis thks.
Dear Doctor I am 13 years old. From past 4 months I am getting irritation in my shoulders. So,I am Pushing it up after every 10-20 seconds. Pls can you tell me what is the problem. Thanks.
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries, or ACL injuries, are understood to be tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases, like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
- You are unable to move properly.
- You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
- You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
- Your knee begins to swell gradually.
- You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
- You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game:
- Sudden arrest in motion
- An unsteady landing from a jump
- Direct blows to the knee from tackles
- Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
- Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
- Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care -
- Rest: Proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: Using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: Ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: When lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
- Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
- Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!