Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Ramachandran

Urologist, Chennai

Dr. Ramachandran Urologist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Ramachandran
Dr. Ramachandran is an experienced Urologist in Pallikaranai, Chennai. You can visit him/her at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital in Pallikaranai, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Ramachandran on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital

No.1, Radial Road, Pallikaranai. Landmark: Opposite CTS, ChennaiChennai Get Directions

Nova Ivi Fertility

Plot no. 41/42,Sathyadev Avenue,R A Puram,M R C Nagar, Landmark: Near Chettinad School, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ramachandran

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Hello doctor, I am having pain in my anus from 2 days. There is not any blood leakage. Please help me. I am also having stone in kidney.

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FIAGES(Fellowship in minimal access surgery), FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery)
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
It can be a anal fissure. Avoid oily, spicy food. Take some laxative for constipation. Do sitz bath by sitting in Luke warm water tub for 15 min atleast thrice a day. Consult any surgeon nearby.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi doctor, I, age-26, married. I have got urine infection two days back. I had ample water. It was fine for a day. Again I am feeling the same. Frequent urination and while passing urine i feel the pain. I am expecting this month. I heard that I am not supposed to have normal medication if I anyone expecting. What is the solution to come over this problem? Or please suggest me any tablet which is safe for my case. Thank you.

General Physician, Mumbai
Please perform urine routine and miscroscopy test and urine culture and get back to me with reports in private chat for your treatment. [Automatically added by Lybrate] Click "Consult Dr. Hardik Thakker" below to consult privately with the doctor.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I done my urine test my pus cell 1-2 hpf is normal no infection yes or no . And I take not any medicine . What is normal pus cell value for men.

General Physician, Jalgaon
8to 10 hpf normal value as per your report no infection if you have burning micturition, take chandnasav 2tsf 3 times in water for 15 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What makes us to pee I mean for a normal person if he drinks 2to 3 glass of water in morning then is it normal to go to pee 2 to 3 times thereafter. I go to exercise to the garden daily but I felt need for going to urination even when I had pee before leaving for garden from also before sleeping I go to pee but still I had sensation after 10 min that I should go to pee. What might be the reasons also suggest me some home remedies and exercises to get rid of this. I am 22years.

General Physician, Chandigarh
Urine formation in the body is a continues process and it needs to be evacuated from time to time there is no fixed frequency for that yes it increases with excessive hydration and in excessive cold conditions also frequency increases in some particular diseases like urinary tract infections etc do consult a good physician to ascertain your condition.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello. Sir & madam. My a uncle is suffering from kidney stones problem. And he is suffering from lot of pain. Wat should we do.

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Take 1 cup of horse gram + Add ½ L water + Heat the mixture till water level reduces to 1/5th + Strain and collect the soup + add 2 tsp of crushed pomegranate + Mix well + Drink once a day...take shool gaj kesari ras twice a day
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I have stone problems. My left abdomen area paining if I didn't drink water regularly. Please suggest how should I come over from this problem. Thanks, Aldrin.

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Vijayawada
Hi lybrate user, I too recommend you take homeopathic berberis vulgaris q 20 drops in half cup water three times a day for 20 days only. If your stone size is under 6 mm it will be expelled easily. Further clarification. Consult.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello! I'm Arjun and my father (age 59) is suffering from kidney disease, his current creatinine level is 6 mg/dl, he's having diabetes type 2, recently heart surgery also done to my father in which they kept a stunt in heart,! Now the problem is with kidney, does he needed dialysis now? And if yes what are the problems associated with it? Thank you.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Nephrologist, Noida
lybrate-user, Sometimes due to surgery and dye given creatinine level increases, have a watch on this level if it's decreases no need of dialysis and if it's increasing and he has symptoms like blanching breathlessness, bradycardia, hyperkalemia, etc he would be requiring dialysis. No such side effects of it, just make sure you get it done from good dialysis centre where infection rates are less and nephrologist is available all the time to look after.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Dr. I have 4 mm calculus in right lower calyx and 3.8 mm sized two in right mid calyx. And 4.2 mm and 3.6 mm calculus in left upper calyx. And I am having pain from 2 days I have taken Dan-p painkiller and got some relief. But how to get rid pf it.

MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Kanpur
You need to be examined by a urologist thoroughly and investigations like urine rm and urine cs and serum creatinine and serum calcium and serum uric acid and x-ray ivp to be done to find out type and cause of stone formation then treatment follows accordingly, take plenty of water orally.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Frequent Urge to Urinate - Can it Be a Sign of Prolapsed Bladder?

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Genitourinary Surgery, DNB - Urology
Urologist, Delhi
Frequent Urge to Urinate -  Can it Be a Sign of Prolapsed Bladder?

Bladder prolapse is a condition wherein a woman’s vaginal wall ceases to adequately support the urinary bladder. The front wall of the vagina gives support to the bladder under normal circumstances but when this wall weakens, it allows the bladder to droop and become prolapsed. This can lead to a wide range of medical problems such as urinary difficulties, stress incontinence (leakage of urine while coughing or sneezing), pain and discomfort, etc.

Prolapsed bladders are generally associated with menopause. Also known as cystoceles or fallen bladders, they are categorized into four different types depending on the extent to which the bladder has prolapsed.
Grade 1: This is the mild stage wherein a small portion of the bladder droops into the vagina.
Grade 2: This is the moderate stage in which the bladder droops far enough to reach the opening of the vagina.
Grade 3: This is when the condition becomes severe and the bladder protrudes from the body through the opening of the vagina.
Grade 4: This occurs when the bladder has completely prolapsed. The entire bladder protrudes outside the vagina and is normally associated with other forms of pelvic organ prolapse such as uterine prolapse (the sagging of the uterus from its normal spot) and rectocele (prolapse of the wall between the vagina and the rectum).

What are the causes of prolapsed bladders?
Following are the factors that lead to the condition of prolapsed bladders:

  1. Menopause: The vaginal walls are known to become weak upon the onset of menopause. This occurs because the body inhibits the production of oestrogen, the hormone that renders strength to the muscles of the vagina. As a result, the bladder is no longer supported by the vagina.
  2. Childbirth: The process of childbirth puts a tremendous amount of stress on the vagina and often leads to deterioration of the muscles of the vaginal wall. This in turn leads to the condition of prolapsed bladder.
  3. Straining: Anything that puts strain on the walls of the vagina can lead to this condition. This includes lifting heavy objects, chronic constipation, obesity, excessive coughing and sneezing or any other factor that damages the pelvic floor.

What are the symptoms of a prolapsed bladder?
Symptoms of a prolapsed bladder vary from case to case, depending on the category and extent of the condition. Some of the most commonly experienced symptoms of the condition are as follows:
Tissue sticking out of the vagina (that may be tender and/or bleeding)

  1. Frequent urge to urinate
  2. Urinary incontinence (unwanted leakage of urine)
  3. Pain during urination
  4. Pain during sex
  5. Frequent urinary tract and bladder infections
  6. Pain in the vagina, pelvis, lower abdomen or lower back
  7. Incomplete urination

    If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.

3155 people found this helpful

I am suffering from Asthma and lower back pain. I am working as an Accountant. So mostly seating in front of computer. I am also suffering from constipation and weak digestion. In past, I had kidney stone problem, which is clear now. Also there is problem of weak eyesight (3.75 and -1.50). I am 51 years old.

Homeopath, Delhi
Hello, you can take homoeopathic medicines 1. Ruta 30 (4 drops in little water) thrice a day for a week. 2. Nux vom 30 (4 drops in little water) thrice a day for a week and update. Keep a gap of 15 - 20 minutes in both the medicines. *take rest or move about once in 1-2 hours in case of working in a constant position. *maintain a good posture while reading or working with computers. *take a high fibre content diet like vegetables, fruits, etc. *avoid fried and spicy food. *tea/coffee should not be taken in excess.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 68 years old man. Now a days quantity of urin has reduced. It's pressure is less. In the night I have to getup 3 times. Control on urine has reduce. Please advise.

General Physician, Kolar
Sir, considering your age and the symptoms you've posted you seem to be suffering from something called benign prostatic hyperplasia. There is an organ called prostate around your urine tube and due to age and hormonal changes with age it becomes bigger and thus blocks the urine tube leading to problems during passing urine. It is quite a common complaint. With men of your age and you don't need to panic. There are medicines for it. You need to see a urologist. A doctor who specializes in urinary tract. He will check the size of your prostate both by rectal examination and ultrasound scan if necessary. He will also suggest a few blood tests. Called psa. Then depending on the size. He will put you on medicines. If the size is too big, he might also suggest surgery.

Please provide me the list of food to be taken to reduce creatinine level and list of food to avoid to reduce creatinine level.

DM in Nephrology, MD in Internal Medicine, MBBS
Nephrologist, Ghaziabad
Depends on what's your present value of creatinine. No food to reduce creatinine value. Avoid high salt and very high protein in diet. Take limited nonvegetarian diet. Avoid painkillers.
18 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

She is having a stone in her kidney. She have a severe pain in her stomach. She don't know that what medicine will cure her soon. Please suggest some medicine which will cure her problem.

Homeopath, Pune
Homeopathic treatment = berberis vulgaris q 10 drops (in one cup water) 2 times / day for 10 days. Follow up after 10 days. Drink 10 glass water / day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 37 years old male and have urine is going to yellowish for past 20 years. is that a problem?

MD - Medicine, Diploma in Diabetology, MBBS
General Physician, Malda
Yellowish urine can be due to jaundice or taking more amount of carotenes or some medicine or due to not taking enough fluid especially during summer. Drink lots of fluid. Get a liver function test done. Review with reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I Have a severe burning sensation when urinating and feeling intense desire to urinate with no possibility to urinate normally

MBBS, MD - General Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Whats your age ? any diabetes /HTN /BPH history .Will need usg abdomen /urine report before any further intervention
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm suffering with stones in kidney. It sized 6 mm can you suggest me diet and to reduce what fruit I have to eat.

Dear lybrate user, a kidney stone is mainly formed due to the accumulation of the minerals present in urine. Such accumulation occurs mainly due to low intake of fluids. Continuous low fluid intake results in the deposits of the minerals over the stone & eventually leads to an increase in the size of the stone. Formation of stone leads to pain along the kidney region. If the size of the kidney stone is below 3 mm then it is possible to get rid of it without any surgery. Take homoeopathic mother tincture berberis vulgaris q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water for 15 days. The stone will be expelled through urine in between the span of 15 days of medication. But if the size of the stone is more than 3 mm then you should surely go for surgery.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed