Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Mohan RaoYour feedback matters!
Is daily masturbate is good for health? Or is cause some physical sickness? I am a 20years old boy. My weight is good. What is your suggestions?
From quite some time the physical beauty of man and woman has taken a precedence over the beauty of the heart and soul and human beings have always had an inherent interest about sex. Moreover, the interest in looking sexually appealing, including bodily image like bursting breasts in women, bulging biceps in males are innate to human beings for attracting the opposite sex. So is the interest of men in having long and thick penis with the instinct in mind to impress the female species in bed.
Starting from the contraceptive pill in the 60s to modern cosmetic surgeries, man fabricated immense changes to our natural course of copulation. Cosmetic surgeries such as breast enlargement surgeries, liposuction and surgeries pertaining to the genitals are getting increasingly popular. And it is not just among women, but men too have warmed up to cosmetic surgeries. Today, more men are opting for penis enlargement techniques and procedures. Yet, the availability of such procedures have led to a plethora of myths.
The following are some of those:
Myth 1: Lengthening with weights is a good idea
Contrary to popular belief, stretching your penis with weights won't help. Yet, it is somewhat possible to stretch your penis by hanging weights off it, but that would require a scary amount of dedication. Strapping weights off your penis for more than eight hours a day for seven long months may perhaps increase the length of your penis. But that is not medically proven or advised. In fact, there is high risk of injuring your penis.
Myth 2: Supplements, pills and creams will help
If the commercials on television have made you consider using supplements, pills or any other such ways to increase the girth of your penis, then think again. These remedies or medicines don't work and it is possibly a scheme to strip you off your hard earned money.
Myth 3: Using vacuum pumps can make it happen
Vacuum pumps are cylinders that suck out air. The penis is put in it and the pump draws extra blood into it, making it erect and slightly bigger. After that, the penis is clamped with a tight, ring which prevents the blood to flow back. The only catch though is that the erection lasts as long as the ring is on. And using it in excess of 20 minutes, can lead to tissue damage.
Having said all this, one may opt for penile surgery, keeping in mind various side effects. The reality is that 2 to 3 inches of penile length is sufficient to physically satisfy your partner. Sex has nothing to do with size. It is just how you handle your partner, which actually is more important.
I am 23 years old married girl. Has been married for 10 months. The last few days began to itch in my private parts as well as on the outside, have a little swelling. What is the cause of these condoms?
I'm suffering a neck pain for last 1 month. What's the solution. And I suffering back pain also when I drive bike for long distance.
My mother is 52 years old. She had uterus tumour operation in 1994. Since then she has been suffering from knee pain and ankle pain. Her fingers are swollen and are painful. There is swelling in face, hands and legs which results in pain. In 2010 she was diagnosed with sinusitis also. Unke sar me pain jam gaya hai aur is wajah se sar bahut dard hota hai. Since two years she is having pain on both sides of her waist. Kamar ka ek side phul jaata hai. Due to all these she's feeling difficulty in walking. Please help.
I want to improve the size of my penis. Please suggest an idea of natural options to grow my pennis.
Hello im 19 yers old fit boy, masturbate from last 8 years. I have strong morning penis erection ,i can get penis erection when I masturbate or foreplay with my gf. But can not erect only at the time of intercourse with lady .i failed 2 times I am still virgin. What I do .plzzzz miv me solution please I am very scare. please giv me solution what I do?
I am feeling that my stomach is not good. Neither it's constipation nor loose motions. But I don't feel empty stomach even after excretion.
Hello sir! I have one problem. My stomach is paining from yesterday on words. I have used acidity medicines, but still my stomach not right.
My 20 yrs old friend have some headache quite often. At different parts of brain for some time and then it vanishes suddenly for over 3 yrs. He is also having some problem while remembering some things. Is this a beginning of brain cancer.
Am 23 year male and I am thinking I have problem of premature ejaculation. Becoz whole am having sex with girl I am free less then 30 seconds .and my wife not getting pregnant also so suggest me which Dr. I will consult abt that thing and what should I do. Is this a big problem for me. Am very scared abt that if I take normal medicine then it was very harmful for me. Please suggest.
I ejaculate within 2-3 mins during sex pls suggest me something y is it so even when I wear condom then too I ejaculate early and without condom as I insert I get the feeling of ejaculation.
I have already asked that what r the benefits for daily walking to the type 2 diabetic, b. P and hypothyroid patient, this is for myself and I am being taken regular medicines and maintaining well should not gone beyond the blood results.
I'm drinking much more water with food and after food for many years. Nowadays I had a digestive related problem. My stool is very liquidly like diarrhea and some times I'm constipated. What can I do for cure me normal like my young age. I hope you understand my English. Thank you.
Headaches arise due to various reasons. Stress, tension, migraine, overwork and several medical conditions may cause headaches of different types. Such headaches are also called chronic headaches, and many cases of headaches are recurrent in nature. This indicates that the headaches might reappear or reoccur.
Headaches are quite frustrating and affect your entire health and performance. Recurrent headaches are even more troublesome as they strike back when you almost thought they were gone. There are several ways to deal with or control recurrent headaches. They include the following:
A. Medical treatment: Medicines can be used to treat the underlying cause of a headache and if these fail, medicines to cure the headache are used.
The different preventive medicines for recurrent headaches are:
- Antidepressants: Tricyclic antidepressants by the likes of nortriptyline can be prescribed for treating recurrent headaches. These medications help in curing any kind of depression, anxiety and disturbances in sleep, which usually lead to recurrent headaches. Antidepressants like the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor or SSRI and fluoxetines are also used.
- Beta blockers: Beta blockers, commonly used to treat hypertension, also prevent migraine-related headaches. They include atenolol, metoprolol and propranolol.
- Anti-seizure medicines: Several anti-seizure medicines help in the prevention of migraine and also cure daily, recurrent headaches. They include topiramate, divalproex sodium and gabapentin.
- NSAIDs: Prescribed nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen sodium also help in reducing headaches, which appear daily. NSAIDs are used in cases of severe headache.
- Botulinum toxin: Onabotulinum toxin A or Botox injections can be used to get relief from recurrent headaches and are ideal for people whose daily medications are not effective enough.
B. Alternative medicine procedures
Other than medications, alternative therapies to get relief from concurrent headaches can be utilized. They include:
- Acupuncture: This ancient procedure involves the use of thin needles, which are inserted into certain areas of the skin at defined points. Acupuncture reduces the frequency and intensity of headaches.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy reduces stress, gives relief to pain and provides relaxation. Massaging of the tight muscles at the back of the head provides relief.
- Herbs and nutrients: Several organic herbs help in preventing migraine headaches and reduce the intensity of headaches. They include butterbur and feverfew. Vitamin and mineral supplements can be taken to reduce headaches and prevent them from reoccurring. Coenzyme Q10 supplements, magnesium sulfate supplements can reduce the frequency of several headaches as well.
- Investigational approach: A surgical implant, which is a battery operated electrode, can be placed around the occipital nerve. The electrode implant sends energy pulses to the nerve, and headache is eased.
Recurrent headaches can be controlled in various ways, which include medicines and several alternative procedures. You should consult a doctor before you start using some method.