Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old girl and have pain under knee and above foot leg when I go to office at morning just walk fast after 5 minutes.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.
I'm 23 years old, I got a severe leg pain in my both legs occurs during nighttime only. How can I get rid off from this pain?
Human back is an amazing example of biological engineering. It provides the basic framework on which the skull, Ribs, Pelvis, and shoulder bones are attached. Can we imagine the human shape without a backbone? We would have looked like a gunny bag filled with some putty like material and would have had no shape of our own. It would have been impossible to lift or carry any object from one place to another.
When we speak of back, we usually mean spinal column which is extending from the back of the skull to pelvis in a graceful yet extremely strong double S shaped curve. This natural architectural masterpiece of human skeleton consists of 33 blocks of bones called vertebra. They are given different names according to the region of the spine they belong to.
In the neck, they are called cervical vertebra.
In the upper back (Chest) they are called Dorsal vertebra.
In the lower back, they are called Lumbar vertebra.
In the tail bone, they are called Coccyx
The vertebrae are hollow structures. The hollow of all vertebrae put together makes a long tunnel through which the tail of the brain (spinal cord) runs. The width of the spinal canal is almost equal to the thickness of a finger.
Vertebra resembles a house in shape and functions.
As a house protects its residents, so does the vertebra protects the spinal cord.
My father in law got both knee replacement from medanta hospital gurgaon on 1st / 3rd may 2015. He is having pain in both legs and after doing exercise please advise what can be done to reduce pain ?
I am 53 year old obese female on hypothyroid medicine for more than 20yrs, I have also on both sides multiple joint pains for which I take paracetamol. Or voveran if pain is really bad. Advised to replace left knee. In mornings the pain is worst. Takes hours to move around. Shoulders also ache badly as I change sides. Esr counts are always high (more than 60) ra factor is negative. Please advice as my toes n fingers are beginning to change.
I am 32years male and suffering from cervical and lumbar spondylosis due to which I am having tingling in the hand but I'm not having any pain in the back. I had consulted a orthopedic surgeon he has given some medicine and told some physical exercises. It has cured to some extent but not totally. Please help.
I am suffering due to back strain from the past few months what may be the reason and what should I do?
Hi Doctor. I am patient suffering from Macular amyloidosis. It's been I guess 8 years that I have dark patches on my arms but I always thought it's because of tanning. Few months back only I got to know about this disease when I met dermatologist. But he gave me ointments to apply on my arms which are basically for pigmentation. I have applied those ointments but that did not show much result on my skin. Could you please help in knowing weather macular amyloidosis is curable or not. If yes what are the possible treatments for it. And my mother also has macular amyloidosis on arms and back. Is it due to heredity in me. Or some other reasons for its cause. Please help me.
This is my mri report please give me your precious advice about my mri reporMRI LEFT KNEE. imaging of the LEFT KNEE was performed using spin- echo, gradient echo and fast spin echo pulse sequences and high resolution T1W, FS PD and T2W were obtained in the sagittal, axial and coronal planes with STIR sequence in the coronal plane. FINDINGS: There is disruption in the continuity of fibres of anterior cruciate ligament near its femoral attachment with near horizontal orientation of the residual fibres. PDFS hyperintensity noted in the intercondylar notch. There is associated mild anterior subluxation of tibia relative to the femur. The posterior cruciate ligament is buckled otherwise normal in morphology, attachments and signal intensity. Medial and lateral collateral ligaments are intact and show normal signal intensity. Anterior horns, posterior horns and bodies of both medial and lateral menisci are normal. There is no significant collection in the knee joint. The lower end of femur, upper ends of tibial and fibula and the patella show normal signal characteristics with no evidence of any bone contusion/fracture. The muscles, tendons and fascial planes around the knee joint are normal. OPINION: Mr. FINDINGS REVEALS: Complete tear of anterior cruciate ligament near its femoral attachment.
Hi,I am 45 year male,married having problem in right side of centre back & a bit of neck.The pain is more while getting up in morning.After morning walk and hot water bath it subsides a bit.Recently have changed pillow of thin flat size(cotton made) and I have a coir ortho bed from long time.I occur such pains at regular intervals at few months.My work is more of desk work for long hours.The pain is not severe,but quite irritating if I bend my neck to read newspaper or attend a phone call.Request some permanent solutions. Thanks.
Left foot heel pain about 5 months Vitamin d 51.5,b12-301.7,calcium 1.17,uric acid 5.18,hba1c 5.6 latest reports Also Slow walking & standing.
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee.
- You may notice redness in your knee area.
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms.