Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
She has a small baby of 8 months Now she is again pregnant past one n half month Please suggest what should be diet of her as well as baby.
Do you feel extremely tired many times in a day? Are you experiencing sudden weight gain, chills at night and hair loss? Is your neck a bit bloated up? If you are experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms, it might be that your body regulator- Thyroid- is unbalanced. Quick 3 tests can help you detect any abnormality - TSH, T3 and T4. Women were three times more likely to be affected by thyroid dysfunction than men. 1 in 10 adults in India suffers from hypothyroidism, with 50 per cent being women.
What is the thyroid gland?
The thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland in the front of the neck. It produces hormones that control the speed of your metabolism - the system that helps the body use energy. Thyroid disorders can slow down or rev up your metabolism by disrupting the production of thyroid hormones. When hormone levels become too low or too high, you may experience a wide range of symptoms.
What are the Symptoms?
Thyroid can be of 2 types - Hyper (Overactive) and Hypo (Underactive) Thyroid.
|High and Overactive Thyroid|
|Dry Skin & Hair||Tremors - Hand Shaking|
|Brittle Hair||Hair loss or thinning hair|
|Low Pulse||High Pulse|
|Weight Gain||Weight loss without trying|
|Intolerance to cold temperature||Intolerance to hot temperature|
|Swelling in lower part of neck||Swelling in lower part of neck|
The swelling in the neck is a major and most significant feature. Hence one should always do the Self Neck Test.
Who should be tested?
Women aged 35 and above or those with symptoms/risk factors/family history are the right candidates for screening. It has been estimated that 75% of the people suffering from thyroid are undiagnosed.
Diagnosing thyroid disorders - A simple blood test can provide an answer. TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) levels determine thyroid hypo and hyper function as it regulates the work of thyroid gland. Rarely an imaging study or biopsy is needed. Two additional tests may be required - T3 and T4.
What happens if Thyroid remains undetected?
As Thyroid disorders are hormonal imbalances, undetection can lead to a number of secondary complications:
- High Cholesterol and Hypertension
- Hair Fall
- Heart Disease
- Complications in pregnancy
My wife missed her period date as on 28 Dec. As 1 month, as she got period 3-4 day early every month. Is she pregnant?
I am 32 weeks pregnant. My growth scan had a note saying: Distended fetal bladder with partial emptying noted. Bilateral minimal calyceal dilatation seen. What does it mean. Please help.
What are Symptom in first month of pregnancy how can we physically identify in first month that a women is pregnant.
Why is it every time I had sex my vagina releases milky white discharge that makes my panties smell foul. I had sex last Thursday and up to now it is releasing white discharge. I had sex twice that day. The second one was doubtful because when he pulled it I saw him ejaculated only small amount of it. I thought it was normal because it was the second time and he was tired. But then he asked me to check my vagina. I really saw that when he pulled it, the sperm didn't come already. He had to do some hand job before the sperm came out. But only one bomb of it. My vagina became itchy. He also told me that he didn't feel his sperm coming out, but he really pulled it. And the sperm came out. So that's why he is not sure because he did not feel it. I took a pt, its negative but my menstruation should come 2 weeks from now. I'm always regular but I remember last May 25-31. Then the next period was too early. It came at June 15-20. Is there a possibility that I will not have my period this month because my last period came too early distegarding that I might pregnant? And, am I pregnant?
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
During my period days, I have abdominal cramps. It's so serious that I have gone unconscious two times. Need help.
Dear doctor, I am 24 years old girl single. May be get married by six months. I have a great gud hearted friend in life. I like him a lot, sometimes I feel like he is more than a friend n he feels the same. But we both never shared this feeling to each other. We became friends in facebook 5 years ago. N we met 3 years ago. I never felt any insecurity with him as he is unique n very very good hearted brave and kind person. To be fair I fell in love with him but I never revealed it to him, though I propose him, he can not marry me right now, he has many responsibilities and ambitions in life. So I dont wanna make him in a trouble as he can think about marriage only after 5 yrs. He is 26 now. Now what my problem is. I recently went to a women's expo from there I got lot of information regarding pregnancy and other girls health issues and also about sex life. On that day I came back to home and shared my day with him, and showed him some pics regarding pregnancy taken at the expo. For the first time we chatted about these kind of things and it made him tempted. After that he started a lit bit flirting with me but I managed him. He became so. Open to me chatting these things in these days and I never restricted him as I like it. But still. We are good friends never crossed the limit. He is now far away from me. We chat on WhatsApp only. Recently He was very depressed and I tried to make him normal. While chatting He asked me to have a hot chat. But to maintain the friendship's beauty I refused it. He said that sexting can make both of us feel relaxed as I too have some depressions in life. But still I refused his request. I really do not want to spoil the beauty of a friendship. But on the other side I want to help him. At least for a one time he is asking to have a hit chat just to relax. I am very much confused doctor. Should I go for it? Or should I not? If I do hot chat with him what are the things I should be careful? Sometimes I feel like it is like cheating my future hubby.(but My friend is also a good guy n I dont feel any kind of insecurities with him. Even I too get tempted to have hot chat with him. What should I do doctor?
Last year she got delivery of baby girl in month of August, but she do not get monthly period not yet what must do by her. Please tell me.
Hii Doctor, I want to know about 2 days ago I had sex with my partner as well as anal sex also. Now she is suffering from weakness, body pain and fever. Is it a symptom of getting pregnant. If yes the how to prevent it.
I am 33 years old female. I get very tired after coming from office & my leg's pain. Also I don't intend to do any physical relation with my husband. Give me solution?
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
If you wish to discuss about any specific joint or bone problem, you can consult a specilized orthopedist and ask a free question.