Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Infertility is an increasing problem in contemporary times. More and more women and men are detected with infertility and opt for artificial and medical procedures to conceive a child. However, even today it is seen that the numbers of infertile women are more in comparison to infertile men. There are several reasons why infertility develops in women. Some of the major causes of infertility in women are discussed below.
- Ovulation disorder: There are several reasons as to why a woman may experience irregular menstrual cycles. Some of them are high-stress levels, weight balance issues, late marriages and the like. But in these cases, the underlying cause is absence or scanty ovulation. Thus, if you experience slight irregularity in your monthly cycles, it is best to consult a doctor and get evaluated. It is best to keep weight in normal range and reduce stress.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: These tubes are channels, which connect the ovary ( which produces eggs called ova ) and the uterus. During normal conception, the sperms travel from the vagina into the uterus and then reach the fallopian tubes in which the ovum is available after ovulation. At times, these fallopian tubes get blocked which results in the inability of the sperms to reach the egg. This leads to infertility. Blocked fallopian tubes can be treated and if you are diagnosed with the issue, it is best to start the treatment as early as possible.
- Endometriosis: This condition develops when the endometrial lining of the uterus is found abnormally spread in the pelvis over ovaries, and other organs. Due to this “ectopic” endometrium, in women with endometriosis, the periodic bleeding is also accompanied by bleeding from these abnormal sites, and this causes the pelvic organs to malfunction and get stuck to each other. Women who have endometriosis have severe dysmenorrhea ( periodic pain), dyspareunia (pain during sex) and constant tummy aches, chocolate cysts in ovaries, and infertility. This condition also needs urgent treatment otherwise, the stuck organs make infertility treatment difficult.
- Unhealthy eggs: The health of the egg is determined by factors such as hormonal levels, low or high-stress levels, anger and anxiety levels, environmental factors, hormone production in the body and the like. Thus, any of the said factors might affect the health of the egg produced and make it unhealthy in nature. Unhealthy eggs would render the woman infertile in the long run.
Thus, these are some of the causes of infertility in women. In case you are having trouble in conceiving, it is advisable to opt for a thorough check up by a gynecologist. Sometimes you may be required to take help of artificial reproductive technologies like IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) and In-vitro Fertilization (IVF).
I am 23 years old and I have a cyst in right ovary measuring of size 41mm. 4 yrs back it was of 1 cm. I had been taking dayna 35 for last 4 yrs but hv stopped just 4 months ago. Please advice is it somthing serious.
In pregnancy time can I drink green tea because if I drink green tea a coming to wait loss know agar baby ku effect huva to green tea se. Kabhi kabhi pain se koi problem to nahi hogi kya doctor.
Reason for nausea or vomiting in pcos. My pregnancy report is negative. Is it necessary to visit doctor?
Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly suggest for family planning. I am married since Jan month. My wife want pregnancy after 1-2 year. Please confirm how can i manage it? Can we use any medicine or other option for this? Please advise.
Hi Dr. I had my ectopic ruptured surgery on date 10-10-2016 then I was in periods on 10-11-2016. I have menstrual cycle of 27-28 days& I had unprotected sex on date 26-11-2016. That is on the 17th day of menstrual cycle then will I be pregnant? please answer me.
When a persistent lack of sexual desire inhibits your life, causing personal distress, you may be diagnosed with 'Loss of Libido' or 'Hypoactive sexual desire'. Low levels of sexual interest, which characterize this condition, leads to failure in responding to sexual intimacy. However, disinterest in sex does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sexual dysfunction.
If your desire to have sex is less often than your partner's, it does not necessarily render you dysfunctional, as you might be at such particular stage in life where several factors may contribute to a lack of interest in sex such as stress, work pressure, trauma etc. However, a notable difference between you and your partner, known as desire discrepancy, can cause distress.
Although cases of hypoactive sexual desire vary from one to another, certain common signs are apparent. They are:
- Having little or no interest in any kind of sexual intimacies, counting self-stimulation
- Seldom or no sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being bothered by your own sexual inactivity
These symptoms can have several causes behind them. Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction, medications, diseases, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and fatigue are some of the causes behind this sexual disorder. Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also be responsible; although psychological problems like stress, anxiety, poor body image and low self-esteem, or a history of physical or sexual abuse chiefly cause hypoactive sexual desire disorder in affected patients.
The treating physician and sexual therapist need to consider all above points to identify the root cause of the issue and find a comprehensive stepwise approach is a consensus with his patient after counseling the patient and doing necessary investigation.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
Me and my girl had sex only outside of vagina and in cloth I wiped my part and had just ribbed and I didn't come at all while cuming I came back and went restroom .now my girl didn't get period she is afraid will she get pregnancy .please give me suggest.
My period started on 18th april. I had unprotected sex on 29th april and within 7 hours I consumed ipill after that I have no period till today. I checked 4 times using pregnancy kit all shows negative last I checked on 15th june. Now I goes through heavy watery discharge and cramps. Still no period after 17th april.
Had not intercourse but his penis was inside vagina for not more than a minute, and when he removed he saw a drop of precum over his penis, I washed my vagina and in 20 hours I took ipill too. I also experienced radish pale urine 2-3 times, and a little blood piece once in the urine. My periods were about to come on 27 july but have not come yet. I am worried if I am pregnant.
She is 29 yr. Old had 2 kids last kid girl age is 6 months problem is not having proper menstrual cycle. During this cycle she is not having proper menstrual bleed but only one or two drops. Please guide and advice a permanent treatment to correct irregular menstrual cycle.
Planning to conceive this month. What are the immediate pre conception precautions that I should take care of?
I am 26 years old female. I got c-section delivery before 8 months I gave breast feeding to my male baby. I got malaria fever I stopped feeding for one month I do not have milk now again I want milk supply what can I do pls.
Hi, when I got married I used anti contraceptive pills for 3 years with doctor suggestion. After I had a child, again I used the pills for 3 years with doctor suggestion. But now I came to know that I lost my libido or sex drive because of the pills. How can I improve my sex drive again, my husband says that he is not satisfy and I am not reaching upto his expectations. Please consider my request and help me. Thanks.
I have last period on 27 march. I have tested pregnany test (card test at home) it is negative. I have period irregularity problem.
World salt awareness week 20th -26th march 2017
The theme for this year is "salt: the forgotten killer"
So let's see is salt is the spice of life or the hidden culprit.
Sodium is a mineral that occurs naturally in nature as sodium chloride, or common salt.
Since ancient times human beings have been adding salt to their food, at first as a primitive method of preserving it against spoilage, and then as a flavor enhancer. Your body needs a little bit of sodium in order to maintain proper fluid balance, but you can get enough from eating fruits and vegetables.
If a large part of your diet consists of processed and fast foods, you are almost certainly taking in too much salt.
How does body handle sodium.
In the body, sodium is processed by the kidneys. However, when a person eats too much sodium, the kidneys cannot process all of it. The excess sodium ends up in the bloodstream. Because the mineral retains water, the volume of blood in the body increases. As a result, the circulatory system has to work harder to pump the blood. Over time, this added strain on the system can result in heart disease and kidney failure.
According to the harvard school of public health, long-term intake of too much salt can damage the kidneys along with the heart and aorta. Salt intake may also raise blood pressure, which can cause damage to the kidney’s nephrons, which filter wastes.
If you must add salt, use just a pinch sea salt.