Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Last year I got my lasik done. Earlier my power was 8 . Doctor did not did blade free lasik. Its been almost one year. From past two weeks m working on PC nd I feel pain in eyes nd little watery also. Itching also occurs. What to do ?
I have a long tightness last five years ago. And power on left 2.75 and right 1.75. How can I decrease my sight use the natural techniques and food?
I'm 17years old Im female bt I feel im very constipation wn I take treatment it ll b fyn until medicine gt over bt again it ll b very much constipation bt dctrs say eat more fibre. And I hav dry eyes and I can't focus fr long tym before I had bright eyes bt nw it's so dull and red.
I enjoy seeing every healthy women naked. And have sex with them. Is it madness? please answer. Thanks.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that can be caused by either type 1 or type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels in the retina. The weakened blood vessels may leak fluid and blood.
Who are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy?
Those with poorly controlled blood sugar levels are at a high risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. In addition, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease and pregnancy can all place a patient at greater risk of suffering from diabetic eye disease.
How frequently should I get my eye examined?
If you have diabetes, you should get a yearly examination by your ophthalmologist. Once you develop diabetic retinopathy, your ophthalmologist may advise further investigations or treatment. A periodic follow up as advised by your ophthalmologist is mandatory. The frequency of these follow up visits is decided based on the severity of the disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages, especially when the central portion of the retina is not involved. As the retinopathy progresses, you may have:
- Blurred vision.
- Floaters, which can look like black spots, little threads, or cobwebs.
- Bleeding in the eye causing sudden loss of vision.
- Temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Pain is not a common feature of the disease.
I fell a black spot in left eye when I see any thing after the eye checking. Why? How we improved eye tightness?
My right side eye is getting red and its little paining actually. Is it a serious problem or not and what are the reasons of it.
I have a problem with my eyes I get a water in my eyes every times it gets red and sometimes it burns a lot.
I am myopic for past 14 yrs. I do not like wearing glasses. Recently I have realised that my vision is deteriorating. I need help to improve my vision without glasses.
My 2 year boy has refractive error problem. His left eye got 0. 5 and right eye has 1. 75. My doctor advised for using spectacles. Any other options. Give me your valuable opinion
When I was bathing, some shampoo had fell in my one of my eyes and it had turn to red. What should I do?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the eye specialist of the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
I am suffering from Headache from the last 1 waek. And in my eyes get red and pained so please give me a medical tip?
For 2 days I have not slept properly and I'm not even felling hungry as well as tired but my eyes are watering so please tell me what to do.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision. Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking-
The risk of developing age-related macular degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing amd is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of amd ten years prior to non smokers.
This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
Diabetic eye diseases
A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
Thyroid associated eye diseases
Patients having thyroid issues or grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.