Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajagopalan BYour feedback matters!
My mother age is 52 years and she have cholesterol problem so please suggest me some medical treatment?
R/Dr I suffer in acidity, back pain, upper chest pain& swollen Dr. suggest me lanol ER, tricaine, coral calcium, uprise D3 but I have continuous pain & my body swell. please help my why my body swell and m feeling pain? This is due to the acidity or because of other factor? please prescribe me or suggest me proper way.
Hi, I am 35 years old male and married, I have diagnosed has Diabetic 2 years back, from that I am suffering from chest pain and stomach problem, I do regular walk and diet, still my blood sugar is uncontrolled. Please suggest the treatment.
I am having increased cholestrol as under:-total cholestrol-214hdl cholestrol-direct-32ldl cholestrol-direct-97triglycerides-453tc/hdl cholestrol ratio-6.8ldl/hdl ratio-3.1vldl cholestrol-90.6non-hdl cholestrol-182.3kindly advice what to do?
I am 51 year old and have blood pressure (Hypertension) and diabetes both. For BP I taketelmikind-H and S -Amcard5, 1 tab each one time in morning after breakfast. I also usessandhaNamak in my food. What should I do to control this hypertension in natural ways orayurvedic ways. As Dr. told that the BP tabs will have side 3effects in long term. Pl Advice me.
Sir, I am getting pain in right side of the chest from yesterday (15.06.16) by 6 pm. I took medicine from medical store but not feel relief well. Please advice me.
My blood pressure normally has been 130 /90 From last 15 days it has come down to 115 /65. What could be cause of the same. Remedy I suffer from sleep apnea I also take.
Whenever I eat or drink something, I experience these excruciating pains in my left side of the chest, maybe through the wind pipe. Is that a symptom of something?
I am 46 year old teacher by profession. BP on higher side for last 6-7 years (around 90-145, cholesterol level high. Thyroid,LFT, KFT sugar, ECG, TMT, Echo normal. Still some symptoms like -anxiety, increase in heart beat sometimes, low feeling, tiredness after normal day activities, sometimes heaviness in lower backside of head. Started BP medicine olmezest-10 mg for last one month on doctor's advise.
I am feeling like someone is squeezing my heart from 3 days. It comes and go. It is in the left chest behind the breastbone. I feel uncomfortable when it happens. Is there something serious?
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.