Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raja LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive system and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Problem regarding thoughts about sex. And an unmarried . So. Would like to know how to get away from this thoughts?
I am suffering from breast pain and itching so much for last one week I am only 25 years girl please tell me it reason and what to do.
1) Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
2) Drink juice lemon, orange, sweet lime, watermelon and muskmelon are rich in water it will help you stay healthy.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
My wife period is not coming on time. I have tested in a report this report is PCOD.please give me answer as soon as. Thanx.
I am a. 27 year old male. I was married when I was 24 years. My sex life is more than perfect. I wanted to have a child now as I feel I am settled and also mentally prepared for it. But then I came to know that my wife has been detected with PCOD and underwentlaparoscopyovarian drilling. After which she is menstruating perfectly from month to month releasing healthy eggs. But we could not be happy even then. I was detected with azoospermia. It was really shocking to the core. Kindly advice about this condition. Can it be overcome? Can it be cured and sperms be generated? Will we ever have a baby? Please advice as we both are completely blank. If so, what medicine should I take? Thank you so much in advance.
I'm ambika, 29 years old. I'm having pcod since 4 years. My weight was increased by 30 kgs, since 3 years. Alteady i'm having 2 children. What can I do to reduce my weight & to got relief from pcod?
Hi, I am having sex without condom in her periods is safe or not. Can she get pregnant? Please advise.
I had sex before 3-4 days of my period, after that I got period too in right time. Still is there any possibilities to get pregnant?
Hi I am 22 year old and I am married and last 2 month I am try to sex with my wife but not success she is virgin and scared and get so pain so I can't push my penis and she is so sad and we try many time but every time close leg and she get so pain and we can't intercourse and what we do to for intercourse.
Doctor I did hpt on my 40th day of periods it's shown negative. So we go for consultation doctors said me that now only egg is broken so wait for few days. My family not satisfy with this so they take me to another doctor on the next day. They give me cycloreg tab for 3 days. After 10 days also I am not getting my period. Is this possible for pregnancy.
I want to be pregnant. My last period started on 25 june and next will be on 22 july. We have intercourse on days 2 july, 4 july, 5 july and 7 july. Please tell me that can I pregnant in these days. Pls.
What are the dos and dont's for polycystic ovaries. Everytime I go to gynecologist, she asks me to take oral contraceptive tablets. I take for 3 to 4 months, then cysts go off and after few months it comes back.
I am 22 Years old weighing 34 kgs and height 4'10" I have pcos detected from 5 years. I have very irregular periods. Last month my periods continued for a month with heavy bleeding. After taking one regestrone as directed by my doctor, periods stopped. Now after 15 days on regestrone I again had periods which lasted for 5 days. I had cramps and pain so doctor suggested blood test. They tested LH, FSH and Serum prolactin while I was on my periods. LH levels were 3.88mIU/ml FSH levels were 2.82mIU/ml and prolactin levels were 24.16 ng/ml. Due to high prolactin levels doctor gave me caberlin for a month once a week. Why are my prolactin levels so high? Am I pregnant? Is there any serious issue of tumour in hypothalamus? Do I need to worry and take serious measures? Help me.
I start taking mala d first time after second day of finishing period and taken the pill 6 days continuously at the same time after six pill taken we had intercourse without protection can I become pregnant? The pill is still taking on time every day.
Hi doc I observed Pcod after HSG test before that I used to have 35 days cycle now in assisted reproduction I'm unable to have a good size of follicle even on 20th day, size is 11.4 and there is no improvement in follicle size in the current cycle of treatment with 75+75 iu of FSH and clomid 50 mg. My question is is there is a chance of delayed ovulation with Pcod in the current cycle and now I'm on 22nd day and how to balance in next cycle of treatment .how can I overcome with Pcod. Doc is advising laparoscopy. I'm not interested in that please suggest me.
Health benefits of sitting on the floor while eating:
1. Improves digestion
Sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position and eating your food is good for your digestive system.
The back-and-forth movement of bending forward to eat and returning to your natural sitting position helps abdominal muscles secrete digestive juices, which are needed for quick and proper digestion.
Plus, this sitting position allows the mind to calm down and applies pressure to the lower spine, which facilitates relaxation. Also, muscular tension releases and high blood pressure comes down.
2. Increases life span
Regularly standing up from a seated position on the floor without needing a hand can also help you live longer.
A 2012 study published in the european journal of preventive cardiology reports that the ability to stand up from a seated position on the floor without using any support correlates with a longer life expectancy.
According to the study, getting up from sitting position requires considerable flexibility and body strength, which are needed to avoid common accidents, injuries and falls.
If a person has difficulty standing up from a sitting position, he or she is 6.5 times more likely to die within the next six years. Study participants ranged in age from 51 to 80 years.
3. Improves strength and flexibility
Sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position also makes your body stronger and more flexible.
This sitting position stretches the hips, knees and ankles. It also increases flexibility throughout the spine, shoulders and chest, thus making you more flexible and able to ward off certain diseases.
This strength and flexibility helps you stand upright without slouching, as well as pick up heavy objects without hurting your back.
On the other hand, sitting in a chair for hours leads to weak, tight and sore lower back; weak abdominal muscles; and stiff, inflexible and aching hips, to name only a few.
4. Supports correct body posture
Good posture is important for reducing excessive strain on certain muscles and joints, especially the back and neck.
By sitting cross-legged on the floor for eating, you are automatically correcting your posture.
When you sit on the floor in the sukhasana pose, you need to keep your back straight, expanding your spine and pushing the shoulders back. This posture helps prevent all kinds of aches and pains that are caused by bad posture.
On the other hand, sitting on a chair or couch and hunching over your desk and computer for most of the day can lead to poor posture and a weak lower back.
5. Improves blood circulation
Sitting cross-legged to eat your food is also beneficial for your circulatory system.
When sitting on the floor, blood pumps more easily through the heart to other parts of the body, as opposed to sitting on a chair with your feet further below your heart level. Also, sitting on the floor leads to a healthier heart by reducing the excess pressure on it while eating.
Good blood circulation ensures that all the body’s organs get the essential nutrients to function properly. For people with circulatory problems, sitting on the floor while eating is highly recommended.
6. Aids weight loss
When you sit down and eat, it has a calming effect on your mind and body. A calm body is better able to focus on the food you’re eating, which in turn prevents overeating.
This happens because the vagus nerve performs better and transmits signals more efficiently in this position. It is the vagus nerve that transmits signals from the stomach to the brain as you eat, telling your brain whether or not your stomach is full.
Moreover, this sitting position makes you eat slower. This gives your stomach and brain enough time to recognize when you are full.
Plus, the act of sitting and standing up from the floor is good exercise. All these factors together aid in managing your body weight.
7. Promotes family bonding
Last but not least, sitting on the floor to eat your dinner or lunch with family can give you a brand new way to connect with your family members.
Also, when you are sitting at the same level with your children, it is simply easier to connect with them and learn about their feelings and emotions.
You can make sitting on the floor to eat a family ritual to improve family bonds. Also, the posture relaxes the body and mind, which is important to lead a stress-free life.