Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ragavan SubramaniumYour feedback matters!
Sir I have done my chest x ray because it was little bit paining. And the report impression wss bilateral pherilar brochovascular prominence was indicated. Sir or mam as I want to know is it normal or not.
I am having constant pain in my stomach. And my heart beat is not normal. And acidity too. Can you please tell some remedies.
Iam suffered from diabetics & BP. Last few days and still i m suffered with cold. Headache too. Please give the right advice.
I am having Blood Pressure for the last one year my bp was 140/100 consulted with the doctors he prescribed medication 2 tab in the evening and one tab. In the morning, I stared walking for 1 hr and change in diet plan. After few months of change in lifestyle my BP was controlled and doctor advised to take only 1 tab. Snumlo .5 mg for the last 3 months I am taking this medicine and now my bp is controlled 110/80. My question is that I do not want to take the tab for my bp can you help me?
My wife age is 50 above suffering from diabetic BP knee pains My age 58 suffering from digesting problems please give me suggestions.
I am 20 year old male and my heartbeat rate is very high sometimes and I get tired early. so, what to do.?
Hello, I am male 33 years old and I am suffering from hypertension, what should I do to come out of this diseases.
I don't know about all the yoga exercise but the thing I'm telling you is about meditation. It helped me a lot. I had blood pressure around 150 upper & now it is 128 upper and lower is 80. My doctor told 'I'm okay now' But still I have nervous prob It could be higher also at any time coz I'm doing work hard . What should be the steps I can take up doctors?
Good evening When I suddenly get up my chest hold me back is this signe of low BP if yes what I need take care of food & other thing to care my self without medicine ?
I am 30 years old. My cholesterol levels are high in my recent reports. I do not wish to start allopathic medicine at this age. Is there any homeopathic or ayurveda methods tht can help control?
Hello Doc, I am From Pune, was diagonised for only 1, 100% blockage on my LAD , I am taking 40 Mg Telma AM h, Azotor 10, Met XL 50 & Ecosprin 150, but my Bp in the higher side is always 140 the lower side 70, is that ok or still need any kind of medication to control. i am always very attentive on my regular excercise etc. kindly advice. Regards.
I have got angiography done last year, again I want to confirm, if there is a change in the report, can I do it now?
I am 20 years male and I have light pain in chest when breathing after one week I have right shoulder back pain and next day left shoulder back and today right knee after wakeup. What Is this Dr. i cant understanding?
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5)Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.