Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RagavanYour feedback matters!
1.I'm suffering from skin problem. On my chest and back there are pimples of red color but remains the same size. Become rushing in summers. Not getting any solution. Try a lot of medicines. So all in vain. Some Dr. Says its hormonal. 2.my mother's has thigh to hip pain. Sitting problem all medicines used but all in vain.
My wife have a skin problem on her right hand. There are some dark rashes while going in sunlight. Kindly tell me some remedies.
Sir please suggest Does do sex. Is. Make my face glow and my all hot nature away Does do sex is good for me.
I have some white dots on my hand (skin) since 2years. May I know that is this a allergies, please say me the ointment for this. Thanking you.
I have black spot on my face. And oily face skin. It result the dull face. So what can I do please help me.
There are white roundish spots on my neck for the past two weeks now. I have applied moisturizers but in vain. They may or may not be related to psoriasis/eczema. Kindly help.
Mere chehre pe black spot bahot ho Gaye hai. Or sath hi sath hole bhi ho Gaye hai. So please give some advice ya solution.
Little skin allergies are there in my body. They are itching from inside. Sometimes skin becoming red. Already consulted doctor and used medicines and it declined then again it started.
In the same way that a machine needs greasing, the body loves to be oiled for sheer pleasure as well as to protect it against the ravages of the environment & time. Here's a list of oil that are best for each dosha:
Vata: sesame oil, almond oil
Pitta: coconut oil, olive oil
Kapha: sunflower oil, grapeseed oil
Note: always use organic and cold-pressed oils when rubbing them directly onto your skin
You'll want to set yourself up in the bathroom. I usually get in the tub and fill it up with just a few inches of water (enough to keep me warm while i'm doing the massage). This prevents a mess from being made elsewhere in the house. Some people stand on a towel. Whatever works for you.
You'll also want to gently heat the oil before starting. Here's how:
Put 1/8 - 1/4 cup of oil in a clear plastic squeeze bottle.
Put bottle in a cup of very hot water.
Let it sit for about 5 minutes or until warm.
Meanwhile, make sure you have a clean towel for drying off after your shower or bath, one that you don't mind getting oily.
Ayurvedic massage is performed with the balls palms of the hands, as well as with the fingers. I'll break it down for you:
Use circular strokes over the joints and abdomen
Use up-and-down strokes over the limbs
When finished, leave the oil on for 15-30 minutes and follow with a hot shower or bath. The hot water opens up the pours of the skin and brings the oil into the deeper tissues of the body (this is why oil trumps the use of lotion -- lotion doesn't nourish the deeper tissues, only the outer skin).
For last couple of months I am suffering from developing rashes post eating food. While I eliminated lactose and gluten as identified from genetic test, I am still not covered out of it. While I am avoiding all grains and sugar still at times rashes develop. Is there any medicine for this as I am told this may be intestine hypermetabolity and may take time to cure. Can you shed some light on this?
I got 3T Mamo done and below is the report. Could you help me on next steps? Mr. Morphology suggests Fibroadenoma within the upper inner quadrant of right breast at 1 o’clock position. BIRADS category 3.
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.