Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RagavanYour feedback matters!
I have to much dark circles. Fair skin doesn't match with my color I take iron tablets place cumuber, potato,lemon juice, almond,coconut oil, aloe vera gel but nothing works on my dark circles so pls tell me something regarding this pls pls help me to get rid of this.
Sir, I have more than 15 fat tumors under my skin is there any medicine either ayurvedic or English medicine. Fat tumors increases gradually in my body. I have cholesterol also. Please help me and give permanent solution. Thanking you sir.
My self yashodha I'm 45 years old I have big big block patches on my face How can I remove that block patches Plzz sugest any cream.
How to make my skin fairer as due to exposure to sun its god damage both face n hands. I am bot fairer but present complexion is not my actual complexion its fine bit dull due to exposure to sun. For long hours playing n all. Recommend something how could I regain my complexion.
My friend sister is getting pain in left side of the breast last 10 days. Local Doctor has advised it may be tumor. Please advice good lady Doctor. Thanks,
I am smoking weed for a while and my skin inside the shoulders I had rashes on the skin is there any symptoms for any disease. And caused by my habit of smoking weed.
I have black spot on shoulder and back. What is primary solution to remove those black spot. There spot are nearly from last 3 yrs.
I have a Breast Mastectomy report of my aunt, in the end report say an impression of infiltrating ductal carcinoma, stage IIA, TNM: pT2N0cM0, NPI: 2.8. What does it all mean?
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer.
I have got lots of spots in my skin in legs and hand and it is itches .khujali may be due to mosquito bite or something. And there are also lots of spot s plzz tell me any medication .or lotion to remove.
I have a sensitive skin. I want to know how I can bring glow to my skin and keep it healthy. My hair falls a lot specially after oiling. I do not have any dandruff issues. My hair is also dull. I need my hair to be smooth and shiny.
Colored marks, which are present on the skin since birth or develop soon after birth are called birthmarks. They can be of many sizes, colors and shapes. Some of them are present on the surface, while a few of them are raised over the skin surface.
Here are some common types of birthmarks:
- Salmon patches: These birthmarks are most commonly found. They are flat and thin and are mostly present on the back of the neck, the upper lips, eyelids and in some cases, between the eyebrows. They are usually pale pink or reddish in colour and fade within a year. However, those which are on the nape of the neck might stay and become permanent marks.
- Congenital moles: Congenital moles appear at birth. They are usually brown in colour and can be of different sizes. While some moles appear as a single mark, others can appear clustered in groups. The moles which become larger, however, need close observation because there remains a possibility of them becoming cancerous later on in life.
- Cafe-au-lait spots: They are smoother than other types of patches. They are present from birth and may develop more during childhood. Usually, these spots are not found in the neck or shoulders, but rather at the legs or torso. It is generally not a health scare. However, if these spots appear in clusters and occur in the armpits accompanied with freckles, they might be suggestive of neurofibromatosis later in life.
- Mongolian Spots: They are usually present in babies who are born with darker skins. Mongolian spots usually fade by the time the baby has reached school-going age.
- Venous Malformations: These are very rare birthmarks which are formed because of the abnormalities in the veins. These are usually bigger than other birthmarks and need to be treated by a process which is known as 'embolization'. This involves treating the malformation with a solution, thus putting a clog in the blood vessels and shrinking the mark.