Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika GYour feedback matters!
I am 25 week pregnant. My baby movement was differ from one day to another day. For example yesterday I felt frequent movement from morning to night. But today I couldn't feel movement at morning but afternoon I feel the movement. please tell me what am I doing to feel movement in the absence of movement period?
Pelvis Midline Hypoechoic nodule of size 14 mm x 8 mm x 6.8 mm seen Rt Ovary: very small in size measures 24 mm X 11 mm X 9 mm (vol: 1.3 cc) lt Ovary: very small in size measures 17 mm X 11 mm X 9.8 mm (vol: 1 cc) no definite cavity is seen no adnexal mass or free fluid is seen in the pelvis Impression 1.Hypoplastic uterus and streak ovaries.
Born as a male but feel like a female OR born as a female but feel like a male. Some persons are unable to feel comfortable in the physical gender that they are born in; their mind, brain, feeling and thoughts are all of the opposite sex. This uncomfortableness in their mind about their physical gender is termed as Gender Identity Disorder.
What's the cause?
We do not know the exact cause of this disorder, but it is hypothesized that developmental changes in the brain and the body do not sync, and the brain/mind is left with a different gender than the body. This is mostly an unidentifiable and unpredictable change.
What are the symptoms?
- Children might express a desire to dress up as the opposite sex.
- They might express replusion at one's own sex organs/genitals.
- As adolescence begins, they do not develop feelings of attraction towards members of the opposite sex. Some complain of revulsion about their pubertal changes.
- Males want to pee while sitting down, while females want to do it standing up.
- Their behavior is often more like that of the opposite sex, e.g. boys might display feminine gestures, while girls might indulge in risk taking and reckless behavior.
- As they become adult, a realisation that they are stuck in a body that they do not like causes depression and anxiety.
Diagnosis: A diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is made based on a detailed assessment by a Psychiatrist, who is specially trained in this assessment. WPATH standards mandate that this is an ongoing assessment, and involves facilitating the process of Hormonal Treatment and eventual Sex Reassignment Surgery. The whole process can take 2-3 years.
Treatment: For those who have severe GID, eventual sex reassignment surgery is the treatment and outcome. However, support of family, friends and a Good Psychiatrist can enable a smooth transition. Psychiatrists will often use antidepressants and anxiolytics to make it easier for the person to cope with societal and family pressures.
I am 27 now I want to ask that some time I have pain in my left brest due to a small nods inside it what should I do?
We are married from last two years. And from last one and half year we are trying for baby. My semen analysis report is normal. Wife is diagnosed with endometrial cyst of 20 mm on right side. Her period cycle is of 26 days. Our Dr. Tried two months with clomid and hcg shots but got no positive results. Now he suggested for laparoscopy amd hysteroscopy. Does that cyst is reason behind infertility? Because she do not feel any pain during period or intercourse. Should I go for laparoscopy or try another treatment?
HOW HEALTHY IS YOUR LIFESTYLE?
CHANGING TO A HEALTHIER lifestyle will improve your chances of living longer and enhance your quality of life. To find out exactly how healthy your current lifestyle choices about diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking, and stress.
Identify those aspects of your life that you want to change, then set yourself realistic targets to help boost your future health and wellbeing. To help your achieve your personal targets, turn to the pages listed where more detailed information and advices on that particular issue is provided.
ARE YOU EATING A HEALTHY DIET?
- Do you eat a lot of processed, convenience foods?
- Do you treat yourself to sweet snacks such as chocolate or cookies?.
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you eat late-night snacks?
- Do you go on diets, then gain the weight back in a few weeks?
- Do you usually choose white bread and pasta instead of the whole wheat varieties?
- Do you eat in restaurants more than three times a week?
- Do you need to take mutrient supplements?
- Do you often eat on the run?
Lastly Opt Homoeopathy for your family health......
Future Scope Of Homoeopathy
It will be the second most sought after system , second to allopathy.
- After superb conquest of bacterial infection by antibiotics , in future viral infections will rule and homeopathy is best with viral infections.
- With increasing medicinal costs , for poor it will be the only option left.
- Increase in stress and psychiatric diseases and allergic diseases , it will be an ideal choice.
- In prevention of diseases , it will be used more. It will be a drug of choice in veterinary field.
- Agriculture and fertilizers will use it more .And so on.
- Pregnancy with jaundice has high risk . Hom served well.
- Threatened abortion has best treatment success rate in homoeopathy.
- PCOD has excellent results.
- Homeopathy has helped secondary infertility in high numbers.
Pediatrics and Homeopathy
- Mumps / chickenpox / measles / URI / acute tonsillitis / malnutrition / teething / diarrhea / infective hepatitis / primary complex – Homeopathy is better than Allopathy.
- Height problems.
- Autism / dyslexia / cerebral palsy – Homeopathy is the only answer.
- Delayed speech / delayed milestones
- Homeopathy helps Injuries / fractures / muscle or tendon injury / sprains / rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures Homoeopathy is the best.
- Sciatica and cervical spondylosis & spondylitis –Homoeopathy gives wonderful results.
Wonderful results in conjunctivitis ,glaucoma ,recurrent stye or hordeolum. etc
Allergic rhinitis ,recurrent tonsillitis ,pharyngitis, epistaxis,adenoiditis,chronic discharge from ear, pain in ear ,sinusitis ,nasal polyp,laryngitis and many more problems.
Homoeopathy and female problems
“Homoeopathy helps with the entire gamut of women’s problems.” This includes menstrual disorders,infertility, and pregnancy complaints to menopausal hot flushes,night sweats, headaches,fatigue,anxiety and depression . Homoeopathy can enhance pre-pregnancy health, improve chances of conception,reduce morning sickness,remove post-partum bruising of mother and newborn, smoother breast feeding problems and relieve postnatal depression.”
Homoeopathy can reduce labour and birth complications. Women when given homoeopathy during their 9th month experienced a shorter labour and less complications than other.
Homoeopathy Homoeopathy gives wonderful results in migraine, cluster headache, epilepsy, brain trauma, hemiplegia, paraplegia , quadriplegia, prosopalgia, trigeminal neuralgia and many more diseases.
Cognitive and Behavioral Disorders
- Delirium ,Dementia
- Psychosis – Schizophrenia ,Mania , Depression , Compulsive neurosis
- Personality disorders
- Neurosis – Anxiety , Hysteria
- Anxiety Disorders ,Phobic anxiety disorders
- Agoraphobia ,Social phobias ,Specific phobias
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
Corporate Lifestyle: Stress, Anxiety, Health Problems like hypertension, diabetes, insomnia and many more…..Homeopathy Does Help.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism , diabetes and adrenal problems.
DO YOU EXERCISE ENOUGH?
- Can you climb three flights of stairs without becoming breathless and exhausted?
- Do you sometimes walk or cycle instead of driving or talking the bus or train?
- Do you exercise three times a week?
- When exercising do you always warm up properly?
- Do you wear all the necessary safety equipment when exercising or playing a sport?
If you answered No to the first there questions, you are out of shape. To keep fit, you should exercise vigorously for 20 minutes, three times a week . it is easy to start. Answering No to the last two questions means you are not exercising safely and could injure yourself. Learn to exercise safely.
ARE YOU ABUSING YOUR BODY?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you smoke cigars or a pipe?
- Have you tried to stop smoking and failed?
- Do you regularly drink more than the recommended limits for alcohol intake?
- Do you drink when you are alone?
- Do you have trouble remembering what happened the night before when you have been out drinking?
If you answered YES to the first two questions you should stop smoking. If your answered YES to any of the last three questions, you need to cut down on your drinking.
ARE U UNDER STRESS?
- Do you feel that your never have enough time to do all the things you have to do?
- Is your home life a source of stress and conflict?
- Is your job highly stressful?
- Do you worry all the time?
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may not be dealing with stress very well. Find out how to cope with stress better, see if you have any of the early signs of too much stress, discover how stress can make you ill, and learn what to do if stress is making you anxious or depressed.
Hi doctor, I am trying for pregnancy. I have been diagnosed with pcos. So I am under medication .my doctor suggested me to go for iui. This is my third iui. So my question is my period due date is December 15 where as I was started spotting brown color on december 6.And my iui trigger shot has been completed on November 25. So I am worried that why I am been spotting so early from December 6 to till today Dec 12. Took a upt test but came negative. So would you like to suggest me that is there still a chance that I can be pregnant? And is this spotting harmful for me? Please make a note I am under progesterone tablet and dhupastron tablet after my iui treatment up to 20 days. Hope you understand my question. Waiting for your answer or suggestions. Thank you, awaiting your response.
I have irregular periods while taking medicines for withdrawal only periods are coming without medication I am not getting my periods they r telling hormonal imbalance I have pcod how can I get my periods naturally.
I'm a pcod and thyroid patient Can I take herbalife or amway positrim for weight loss As dey contain proper amount of protein nd ol.
Dear Doctor, I got unwanted pregnancy by chance about which I came to know just after skipping my periods, so that was 5 weeks pregnancy, that's why I had abortion pills for the first time which are usually recommended by various websites as well. It worked, but I did not get proper periods, I mean blood clots are coming but only with urine otherwise the pad is clear. But yes I am having very strong cramps after taking pills. I wanted to know that it's normal or I need to have pills again. Please guide me.
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from high fear along with severe cold. I have been using capsules fro a period of 1 week but no change in my health condition (paracetamol, saridon, avil) are the tablets I had used.
Water is the previous natural treat to mankind and every other organism. Our body is 60 to 70% water. we every day loose a lot of water like by sweating,urination etc
People should drink almost 2 liters of water per to keep themselves healthy and keep their mood refresh.
Drinking more water helps us in following ways:-
1.it keeps your body clean from toxins.
2.kidney work nicely.
3.keeps blood clean and thin.
4.keep you fresh.
So drink more water and be healthier all time.
She is having sugar, HBA1C is an average of 7.5 consecutively from past 9 months, can we plan for pregnancy. Kindly suggest.
Secondary infertility is a condition characterized by the inability to get pregnant, in spite of a successful pregnancy in the past. Usually, after a conception, a woman feels confident about her second conception as well. However, this might not always be the case. This condition can be very frustrating for couples, and can be traumatic for some.
Mental issues such as anxiety, shame, depression and guilt can affect both the partners for being unable to conceive the second time.
The causes of secondary infertility are:
Certain complications resulting from previous pregnancies.
Problems in production of sperm in men or impaired delivery of the sperm.
Damage to the fallopian tubes or other ovulation disorders in women.
Physical changes in the body owing to age, weight and usage of certain medications.
Procedures to Overcome Secondary Infertility:
In order to overcome secondary infertility, these tips can come in handy:
Consult a fertility specialist: If you have been facing this problem for a while now, consult a reputed fertility specialist. The doctor will be able to guide you through the steps you must take and also diagnose any underlying condition. Once the condition is diagnosed, if any, then he can zero in on a treatment course.
Change your diet: If you have been following a diet that misses out on some important nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin D that is so crucial for easing the process of conception and reproduction, sit up and rectify it. Eat well balanced meals with a healthy mix of nutrients, so that the body is well nourished and the reproductive system functions optimally.
Exercise regularly: With age, physical activity tends to go on a downward spiral, making you prone to weight gain. Obesity can hamper one’s plans of conception; so if the weighing scale is on the heavier side, then take immediate steps to correct it. Simple exercises such as walking or jogging, done regularly, can help keep weight within optimal levels. It will also help reduce stress levels that will ultimately boost the health of hormones related to reproduction.