Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R.Manohar BabuYour feedback matters!
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I am 29 years old girl. I have pain in my eyes head cheekbones n area around. I cannot bend my head and do any work. Sometimes I have pain in my jaws also. What should I do?
Good morning sir, my eye's are getting pain. Sir, I am not able to sleep properly, can, I now why it is happening as I am not having to much trouble.
About Every 15 days Goheri has raises on eye lashes root. I use neosporin ointment on it. Please tell me right prescription and advice for this problem.
While most of us complain of eye problems as pain or redness or itching or excessive tearing, there is more to it than what meets the eye! As with all diseases, the homeopath will try to unravel the problem in its deeper form. A detailed discussion to ask related symptoms happens, after which a diagnosis will be made. Treatment is then done accordingly which will not just get rid of the eye symptoms but also improve the overall health of the person.
Conditions like cataract and glaucoma need to be surgically corrected; however, others can be managed via homeopathic medicines effectively. The following are the top five homeopathic medicines described along with the symptoms in which they are used. A detailed discussion with your homeopath to arrive at the diagnosis should definitely precede use of these medications. Self-medication is not advised.
Mercurius - Mercurial preparations are used when the following symptoms are seen:
- Thickened, red eyelids that are worse at night
- Profuse, offensive-smelling discharge that causes burning
- Boils around the eyes with pus formation
- Floaters in the eyes
- Worsens with warmth and damp weather
- Syphilitic eye infections
Belladonna: One of the most widely used eye remedies in homeopathy; it is extremely useful in the following situations
- Ophthalmic conditions with severe inflammation, dryness,
- Injected eyes with iritis or retinitis
- Fear of light (photophobia)
- Eyes affected due to excessive light or poor light
- Retinal hemorrhage conditions
- Sudden, acute onset of these symptoms
- Great intolerance to light
Euphrasia and Allium cepa: This is used as a combo, with both used in similar situation but with contradicting symptoms. The person has symptoms similar to hay fever or cold.
While euphrasia is used where there is a bland nasal discharge and burning tears, allium is used when there is a strong burning sensation with nasal discharge. Some doctors even try one, and if it is not effective, they prescribe the other one. Other conditions where Euphrasia and Allium cepa are used include:
- Watery eyes that blink frequently
- Acute catarrhal conjunctivitis
- Bland and watery coryza
- Burning of the eyes with corrosion of the margins
- Opaque, blistering cornea with thick discharge
- Eye swelling improves when in open air, worsens in the evening and with light
Arsenica - This common homeopathy medicine is used in the following situations:
- Sharp eye pain caused by day light
- Closing eyes produces pain in the eyes
- Running of letters when trying to read
- Affected tear ducts
- Cataracts in office goes
- Worsened during new moon and cold weather, improved with warmth.
These are some common homeopathy medicines, but again, as noted above, self-medication should be avoided. Any of these should be used only if prescribed by a homeopath.
How do I prevent eyestrain at my laptop & how do I keep my eye healty and I don't want to use specs ?
Is drinking carrot juice everyday good? My father who have been drinking carrot juice every day at morning couldnt properly see from his right eye. He is a diabetic and had suffered CAD. This morning when he woke up sees every thing blur from his right eye.
4 years back i went to eye clinic and consulted a doctor regarding long site. He advised me specticals are manditaroy if iam not facing difficulty to read. If i am not using specs, will the site increases over a period of time?
How can I decrease my eye site. Although I'm taking healthy food. But my eye site was quite constant. So please help me to decrease my eye site.
I have red eyes few some weeks and I feel so much week. Even I my look my weight have low. So what can I do?
Meibomianitis is a disease that occurs when the lubrication glands of the eyes called Meibomian glands malfunction. The function of these glands is to produce oil that keeps our eyes lubricated and moisturised. Due to some reasons that we shall be looking at later, these small glands flip their switch and start producing excessive oil or just get inflamed causing Meibomianitis.
Bacteria also collect and prosper on the eyelids in the extra oil adding to the malaise.
So, how do you confirm that you have Meibomianitis?
Look out for these symptoms:
swelling and redness of eyelids
burning sensation in eyes
flaking skin around eyes
frequent styes or bumps along the eyelids typically caused due to excess oil secretion and inflamed Meibomian gland
loss of eyelashes
Like with all diseases, the severity of symptoms varies from patient to patient. A few may experience only mild symptoms, while others have to grapple with severe irritation and burning.
We suggest that you don’t wait for your symptoms to become extreme before you visit your doctor.
Root Causes of Meibomianitis:
We already know that Meibomianitis occurs when the meibomian glands in the eyelids don’t function properly.
But why does this happen?
The answer is that Meibomianitis is caused by any condition that increases oil production in oil glands. Like:
hormonal changes, especially during adolescence
skin conditions, such as acne and rosacea
acne medications which actually encourage the growth of bacteria on the eyelids
A few contact lens solutions
Infected eye makeup
Meibomianitis, however, is not contagious.
Diagnosis and Cure:
When you go to a doctor with symptoms of meibomianitis, he will examine your eyes, focusing on eyelids and the front surface of your eyeball. By doing this, he will be able to identify whether you have blocked meibomian glands.
Next, he will use a swab to collect a sample of the crust or oil from your eyes and send this sample to a lab to be tested for bacteria.
If the test is positive, your doctor will recommend a thorough cleaning of your eyelids with warm water. He may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids to treat your eye condition in form of eye drops or creams applied directly to your eyelids, or in pill form.
Apart from this, you may have to forego wearing of contact lenses and treatment for your acne and rosacea. We also recommend that you go make-up free as this causes a buildup of bacteria and always maintain proper eye hygiene so that your oil glands remain infection- free always.
I have eye sight problem and frequently I will get head ache also. And sometimes it goes to high level and I can not bear it. Even if am using spectacles also it os not decreasing what should I do sir or madam.
I am facing a little problem I have red eyes for two days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.