Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Puspha VYour feedback matters!
My daughter is about 15 days older nd she suffer from cold nd cough. I am also pharmacist nd have personal medical shop. What medication we do. Is sinarest oral drop or tusq-p drop is beneficial with nasoclear drop? Please prescribe medication for it.
Can we give threptin biscuit to a 3. 5 year old with only 12 kg weight. He is a fussy eater. Any remedy for mouth ulcer in kids.
I have one month old baby girl. There are certain red rashes on her cheeks. Doctor has prescribed a cream for it. What is the reason of these rashes.
Baby is 14 month old still he is not talking in which age he is talking properly? He has tough tied problem also.
I am a child. I don't want to go to the school because I feel lazy every morning but after some time I will become very active that I want to attend the school but it will be too late by that time. Can you give me any suggestions what should I do?
Hi my baby is 2 months old. He is on top feed and breast feed both. Inspite of burf he is vomiting, which medicine should I give him please suggest.
My baby girl now 15months and 8kgs weight, problem is she used to vomit always from 6, 7months. If she see rice and smell it she feel like vomit. She vomits regularly if her stomach full and from starting piece of food she sound vomit, I am fully depressed, please suggest me.
My 2.5 year old son is suffering from vomiting and loose motion. Doctor said he has diarrhea. He is eating nothing and seems weak. What precautions should I take for him?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 11 year old daughter's weight is 47 kgs. She often suffers from tonsillitis along with fever. Mostly I try not to give her antibiotics. But when she takes antibiotic like clavalunate 625 mg, she gets frequent vomiting inspite of giving her rancid or aciloc or pantocid. Is this doze ok (prescribed by doctor? Also I want to know whether it's true or not that ciprofloxacin is not safe for kids under 14 years of age.
Mt report shows diameter of induration is 18m. MX 20 m.m.wat is DAT mean positive or negative? 3 years ki girl h.
Because of plenty of motions of my baby of 1month old I was suggested to stop breast feeding. And I have taken tablets to stop breast feeding. But some body told not to stop giving milk to child. So how the milk can be produced. Any tablets? Please suggest.
My son is suffering from fever since 10 days & loose motion since one month he has asthmatic allergy and having history of loose stools since his birth. He is six years old.
My Daughter is 4 months old. I recently moved to my husband's place from my mother's home. Since the day my parents left us, she is so aggressive and cranky. Does she miss them or is it because of new place and new people?
5 Month old baby boy got only BCG vaccination till now due to some health issues. Now from last month baby is health, so what and when vaccination needs to be given?
My son is now 20 months healthy boy. I want to stop breastfeeding now. He is eating regular food but have a strong crave for my milk. Can I take medicine available in market such as cabergoline .25 mg? Milk supply is high. Want to stop it. Pls help.
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.