Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya RajnikanthYour feedback matters!
2. Regularly use moisturiser/coconut oil over hands and feet at bedtime to keep the hands and feet soft and supple.
3. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer/coconut oil at night would keep feet softer. In diabetics, please use plain tap water or lukewarm water temperature should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm and not hot as some diabetics may have reduced sensations.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My TSH is 3.conceiving problem. Age is 38 yrs. How to bring down the TSH level near about 2 by natural means so that conceiving can be possible. I do not want to take thyronorm tablets.
The validity of Mirena will expire in 2017, when l will be 49+.Will l have menopause at that time due to Mirena or menopause will come in its normal course? Does Mirena have any effect on menopause. If my problem exists after the expiry dt of Mirena, do l have to have another Mirena insertion?Please tell.
I am 32 year old I had just touched My penis upper part of my fiancee vagina and due to this I got red pimples on my penis also it little itching. Help how to get ease from this.
1. Important Myths And Facts About Sex During Menstruation
Having Sex During Periods Can Lead To Pregnancy
Fact: Although the chances of you getting pregnant if you have sex during periods are minimal, it pays to be extra cautious and be safe every time you opt for sex, even during periods. Another thing that needs to be noted here is that sperm can survive inside the human body for a few days. And in case you have unprotected sex during periods and ovulate early, your chances of getting pregnant increase manifold.
2.Menstrual Blood Is Harmful For The Penis
Fact: A common, misplaced notion among women is that menstrual blood is dirty fluid that carries infections and other impurities. And so it could be harmful for the penis, should it come in contact with the same.
The truth is that menstrual blood is not at all considered impure and is in fact just a mixture of healthy blood and tissues that the body does not need (these line the uterus for pregnancy and are shed every month when the periods pass). So coming in contact with this blood would not harm the penis in any way.
3.Sexual Intercourse During Periods Can Harm The Uterus
Fact: Every month when your periods occur, a small opening develops in the uterus to pass menstrual blood. The common notion is that this opening is large and having sex during periods can cause the penis to poke into the hole and injure the uterus. This is not possible at all as the opening would be too small for the penis to enter. And so, there is absolutely no harm to the uterus if you have sex during your menstrual cycles.
4.Sex During Periods Can Cause Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Fact: There is no way you can contract AIDs via sex unless one of the partners is HIV infected. If you have unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, chances are you will get infected as well, be it during your menstrual cycles or after.
The same goes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. As mentioned earlier, menstrual blood is nothing but a mixture of normal blood and tissues that line the uterus. And so it would not contain any infections, impurities or agents that can cause STDs.
However, if you or your partner already has STD then the chances of the infection spreading would be greater. So make it a point to use a condom during sex, even during periods.
5. Sex During Periods Can Offer Relief From Menstrual Cramps And Excessive Bleeding
Fact: To an extent this is correct. Sex during periods can relieve women of menstrual cramps owing to the fact that orgasms can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body which can reduce pain. Again, sex during menstruation can reduce pain by using up the chemicals called prostaglandins which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Having sex during periods can also stop excessive menstrual bleeding (in terms of the number of days). This does not necessarily mean that the blood stays inside the body. Rather, sexual intercourse would cause the uterus to contract and expand faster, thereby propelling the fluid and tissue out of the body faster. Therefore, there are strong chances for your periods to stop earlier than expected although you can expect heave flow during the initial days.
Is there any restrictions for foods on pregnancy? and I also heard that if we eat wheat, the pregnancy will not takes place? is it true? I am asking this question for my sister.
Last week my question is I have try to conceive last two three months last period date 10/11/2016 but this month my period on dtd. 10/2/16 was very light pick colour only two days. Period was stop 12/12/16 pregnancy test is negative but my doctor this test try after ten days. So I try this test today but negative response. My question please reply so I confirm period date is 10/12/16 so I try again this month.
Regardless of whether the cause is a tumor, trauma, stroke or any other illness, any injury which inflicts damage on your brain cells is considered to be a brain damage.
There are two types of brain damage, both of which interfere with the standard functioning of the brain.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): Either resulting from a tumor or a neurological illness, for instance a stroke, this type of brain injury originates from the cellular level and is commonly linked with brain pressure.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It results from any damage imparted to the skull usually from an external and physical force like a blow to the head or a head accident, which in turn damages the brain.
How severe the brain damage is depends largely on the type of brain injury. Mild brain injuries are temporary, causing headaches, memory lapses, nausea and confusion. On the other hand, severe brain injuries cause cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments which are often life-changing and permanent.
Acquired brain injuries may be caused by:
- Being exposed to toxic substances
- Choking, strangulation or drowning
- Heart attacks
- Neurological illnesses
- Illegal drug abuse
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Physical violence
- Head blows
- Falls and other mishaps
Whether acquired or traumatic, symptoms of brain damage can be classified under four major groups:
1. Cognitive symptoms generally include
- Having a hard time processing information or expressing thoughts
- Difficulty in understanding others or abstract concepts
- Memory loss
- Short attention spans
2. Physical symptoms generally include
- Excessive physical fatigue
- Extreme mental fatigue
- Persistent and frequent migraines or headaches
- Sleep disorders
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
3. Perceptual symptoms generally include
- Spatial disorientation
- Smell and taste disorders
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Changes in hearing, seeing, or touch sensations
- Unable to perceive time
- Balance problems
4. Emotional or behavioral symptoms generally include
- Decreased stress tolerance
- Heightened or flattened reactions or emotions
- Impatience and irritability