Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Priya RajnikanthYour feedback matters!
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
My wife had 9th month of pregnant. She has bicornuate uterus. Will we expect delivery normally? Is c-section compulsory? please give me advise what I shall do. Thank you sir/madam.
Thirsty? You are already dehydrated
Remember, thirst isn't a good predictor of your hydration status.
It takes about two hours for anything you drink to have an effect on your body’s hydration level. By the time you feel thirsty, you are two hours behind! drinking something even the second you realize you are thirsty means that you will still be dehydrated for at least two more hours.
In fact, most people spend a good portion of their life mildly dehydrated, so drink water frequently even if you r not thirsty may be only sips but please drink water.
Hello three years past of my marriage n no baby BT two abortions the first 1 was molar pregnancy n the last one was hydrocephalus head baby which aborted in fifth month of my pregnancy on 3oct 2014. My karyotype is normal n all my reports are normal I am thyroid patient n having thyroxine 75 daily now I wanna get pregnant again please tell me the reason why the two abortions was done can I conceive again n complete my days of pregnancy.
My mother is having bilabial dermoid 4.5*4.6 is there a cure for this in homeyo or surgery required what is the best way out. Any thing to worry.
I would like ask one thing that my wife is pregnant now and I would like to do sex with her and even she also asking me to do that so is it safe to baby if am doing this with wife.
Hello sir, my wife took ipill after sex next morning, after next day my wife feeling nausea, headache, pain abdomen, vomiting. It is going to be two weeks, she is feeling the same. Please help me.
I am just married and planning to go in for a Copper T kinda device that helps to have safe sex and at the same time not become pregnant too soon. Would like to delay pregnancy for a couple of years. However have read a lot of negative side effects that are scary. Kindly suggest healthier and safer methods.
My lmp is 29 jan 2016 n edd is 6 nov. Bt we had intercourse only between 12-16 feb. Im in which mnth or weeks of pregnancy n if I conceived between 12-16 feb wat is my due date?
My Brother is having cough with breathing problem and high Fever. On XRay it was shown that the left side of lung is totally covered with fluid. Sir, can you tell me what is the problem? His age is 17.
We have been trying to conceive for 1 year. Every cycle I have sore breast right after ovulation till my periods. This month my sore breast disappeared 6 days after ovulation with a sudden temperature dip and a sudden temperature hike in my charts. Is there any chance of a positive pregnancy test?
I am 25 years female. During periods till 11 days the bleeding is not controlling. Iam getting the periods for 2 months. Kindly suggest the natural medicine to control the periods.
My sincere appeal to all young couples is not to feel shy and hesitant in approaching a doctor for advice on contraception as because nobody is going to be judgemental on them. It is a professional world and any doctor would be more than eager to help out a patient.
Generally what happens is whenever there is a pregnancy happening out of a relationship, it puts the couple in a panic situation and there is a tendency to try and get over the counter medicines or maybe approach quacks or try and consume some so called food items which may lead to an abortion. These are the usual mistakes done by youngsters as they want to hastily get out of the mess without having to tell anybody.
The biggest concern in approaching a known doctor is the couple does not want to get identified, secondly they feel the doctor is going to take them through a long drawn medical procedure which is going to be costly and they would probably be asked to come along with a parent or a guardian for obvious reasons and hence they refrain from meeting a doctor.
Now coming to the facts-----
1. No need to panic if you realise that you have an unwanted pregnancy
2. Approach a gynecologist as soon as possible
3. If the doctor asks you get a sonography done please do so
4. You should always be knowing your blood group and hemoglobin levels before taking any tablets for abortion
5. Abortion can be very safely done with tablets under the guidance of a gynecologist and you do not need any hospitalisation. 2--3 visits to the clinic can complete the procedure
6. Only 1-2% patients may require a curettage of the uterus if the procedure does not get completed with tablets, which definitely the treating doctor would discuss with the couple and explain.
7. This medical abortion with tablets is not overtly expensive and is quite manageable with your pocket money (mobile phones are much more expensive).
8. There are no long term side effects of this procedure on your future fertility
9. Most of the doctors would be cooperative and would protect your privacy. You may have to sign a few forms for you should not hesitate as it is part of the procedure.
10. Nobody is going to be judgemental on you so take it easy and seek medical advice.