Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya RajnikanthYour feedback matters!
Hi, I m 24 weeks pregnant. It was fine till 22nd week but suddenly I started bleeding. A gush of blood, my gynac prescribed me Pause 500 I stopped bleeding the next afternoon. My only concern is why did I bleed. I can feel my baby's movements. Please help.
I am 28 yrs old and I got my last periods at 15 august and its been two months I haven got my period and after 2 negative hpt I got a positive hpt and a week later again negative hpt. I have pcos n m really confused that am I pregnant or not? ultrasound shows no sign of pregnancy what should I do? please guide me.
Are you fed up of tweezing, shaving or waxing the unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the right option for you. Unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body is not only time consuming, but is also a very boring chore, which needs to be carried out on regular intervals. On top of it, the process is accompanied with the worry of bruising skin and often resulting in patches. With laser hair removal, the process has become easier and hassle free.
As per the laser hair removal process, a laser beam hits the individual hair follicle after passing through the skin. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth and typically takes multiple laser hair removal sessions to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. The laser hair removal is most opted for areas such as female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men. The process is most suited for people with light skin and dark hair.
Laser hair removal therapy has been classified in five methods. Although they are all different, but they function on one same principle of converting light to heat producing effect of laser. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. The process does not require any recovery time which allows one to return to work immediately.
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal was the first cosmetic laser hair removal system. The wavelength of this laser is 694 nm. The laser damages the hair follicles keeping surrounding tissues and structures in the skin safe. It gives long term hair free results and any hair regrowth is thinner, finer and patchier than previous growth. The built-in cooling system continuously cools the skin and is least painful in comparisons with other laser hair removal systems. It can be used on small areas of skin and slow laser repetition rate resulting in better and long treatment times.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal works in a similar manner as the Ruby Laser hair removal system. The wavelength used in this system is 755 nm, which is in the red infrared part of the light spectrum. It is the fastest available laser hair removal treatments. It has excellent penetration rate and can cover large areas of skin. It also work great on albino skin and freckled skin, on which many other laser hair removal systems are ineffective. It is effective on skin with white to olive tones with thinner hair types. It is not suitable for dark skin as the skin pigment can change.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal are made up of diodes or semiconductors operating at wavelength of 800 - 810nm. It can be used effectively darker skin coupled with thick, coarse hair making it popular with men due to its effectiveness on back and chest hair. It is the next most useful hair removal light source and the most promising laser for hair removal. The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people. This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer. Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal is the most advanced type of laser hair removal system. It works at wavelengths of 1064 nm in a double frequency mode, which creates green light at 532nm wavelengths. It is effective on all skin types, including Asian and dark skin tones. It has a fast rate of repetition and can be used on larger areas of skin.
- IPL or Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal system is a non-coherent laser. It is flexible than laser hair removal, as there is no set laser wavelength. For this treatment parameters are set to suit one's individual needs, giving one a personalised treatment. It can cover large areas of skin and has smaller risk of damaging surrounding tissues.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin or hair related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I want to conceive a baby .after some test of follicular study they asked to do laparoscopy. I still confused about this test.
Most people will give you a blatant No. And they are quite right to do so. But if you have been a habitual offender who can't unwind without their drink, pregnancy is going to be a big problem. So does the rule stand in all cases? What if you drank when you didn't know you were pregnant yet? What if you had a light drink here and there, will it literally spell disaster? Let's find out.
Contradictory advice everywhere: Most doctors will advice you to stay away completely from alcohol as soon as that first positive emerges in your test. Others may give you a little leeway and let you have an occasional drink. There are friends who'll confess to have cheated during their pregnancy and snuck in a beer or two and say that their kids turned out just fine. There are other friends will scorn on you for even thinking such a thing. Same goes for your relatives. Like all things in pregnancy, random advice will just not work.
How much can you drink? Let's assume that you are confident nothing will happen and want to be adventurous and give it a cautious try. Danish researchers have some good news for you. Some studies have shown that low to moderate consumption of alcohol does not harm the baby. In fact, in 2012, Danish researchers released a highly publicized study that found no major problems in children below 5 years whose mothers had consumed 1- 8 alcoholic drinks a week during pregnancy.
Unfortunately, not all research is made equal. With pregnancy, each mother, each child and progression of each pregnancy is different. It really has to be on a case by case basis and nothing can be taken on face value. Most people will still advise you to completely go off alcohol as there is 'no safe' amount during pregnancy. Some women have a larger quantity of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol. If a woman with lower levels of this enzyme drinks alcohol, it is more likely to harm her unborn child as the alcohol will remain in her bloodstream longer.
How alcohol can affect your child?
A number of disorders that can affect your child when in the womb and even after because of alcohol consumption. These disorders are collectively called 'Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder'. It is characterized by increased risk in miscarriage and stillbirth. It can also result in the baby having low birth weight and increase problems with learning, speech, attention span, language and hyperactivity. Alcohol consumption may also affect girl child and a baby boy differently. While both may turn out to have aggressive and delinquent behaviour, girls are more likely to develop mental health problems too.
If you are unable to give up on alcohol, you need to immediately get professional help to overcome your addiction. Also note that the term 'non-alcoholic' beverage is misleading as they can contain trace amounts of it. Consult a doctor today on which drinks are safe for you.
I am 25 year female and I have irregular periods. I have not conceived, and I am gain a lot weight too. Please help.
Anyone who tells you that blood in your semen or Haemospermia is normal, he/she is wrong. No, it is not normal. In fact, blood coming out of any part of your body can in no way be normal. We often hear some patients say that the doctors they have consulted before, about this very crucial problem, regarded it as not serious. Neglecting blood in your semen is a very bad idea. It will not go away without proper treatment. On the other hand, addressing it at the earliest will help cure the problem completely.
Here is where the role of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Medical Experts becomes extremely important.
Causes of Blood in Semen:
What is causing you Haemospermia or as per Ayurveda, dooshita shukra? Here are a few causes that are influencing the condition-
- Inflammation and infections: Inflammations and infections cause the most common threat to your semen. Infection in any of the tubes, ducts or glands, such as Prostate, Urethra, Seminal Vesicles, Vas Deferens and Epididymis, etc. can become the cause of blood in semen.
- Sexually transmitted infection: Other bacterial infections along with sexually transmitted infections, such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea are also potent threats to your semen. 40% of the times, it is these kinds of infections that lead to blood in your semen.
- Forced sexual activity: Though not much discussed, any forced sexual activity might also influence the condition. This kind of activity irritates the pubic region and can also form the cause of genital tract infection, leading to blood in your semen.
- A recent medical procedure: One of the most common occurrences of blood in the semen is noticed post a medical procedure. Examples of medical procedures that lead to blood in semen include prostate biopsy, any urinary treatment, etc. These treatments cause temporary trauma to the semen for a short span of time, leading to ejaculation of blood along with it.
Other major causes that can influence the accompaniment of blood with your semen are internal obstructions, Polyps or Tumours, Blood Vessel Problems, etc. Ayurveda is an effective treatment for Haemospermia.
There are some ancillary effects of blood in the semen. Some of these effects include
- Burning sensation while urinating,
- Pain in the lower back,
- Painful ejaculation,
- Tenderness of the area around the groin,
- Swelling of the testes,
- Tenderness of the scrotum, etc.
All these side-effects can be dealt with while addressing the main issue of blood in the semen, with the help of proper Ayurvedic treatment and diet. Apart from practicing pranayama (shitkari/shitali) as a part of your Ayurvedic treatment, it is also important to consult an expert and get yourself diagnosed. This will help you find the best Ayurvedic herbs for your aid. You can also opt for the very famous and much trusted male infertility - complete sperm care package. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.