Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prema KrishnaswamyYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. I had sexual relationship with many of my friends that include girls too. How can I know whether I have any sexually transmitting diseases?
My wife delivered a baby on 25 December 2015 but after delivery my wife period stopped. Please tell me that is a serious matter or not. She is feeling not well. She fells pain in whole body. How can again start the period. Please suggest me.
My wife has missed her periods from last 2 months she did not been in her regular cycle, also she is having pain in her stomach and she is also having pain at the time of urine, so can anyone help me out what should I do and are these the symptoms of her pregnancy?
My girlfriend wants me to have sex with her. I have a fear that something gonna happen to her what to do? And her nipples go semi erected when I touch her.
Hi my age 22. I have pcod and thyroid. I am under medication of mi-ova plus. And 75 mcg for thyroid. I doing regular yoga for 1: 30 hour and walking for 45 mins. I am 79 kg. Height 5.5. I am in my diet. Doctor suggested me to take high protein diet. So that I am taking sprouts in the morning and having lunch three roti with high protein curry like soya rajma pulses. And drinking 3 to 4 liters of water and dinner two roti. I want to conceive now so I have to reduce weight. Can this useful to reduce weight. Pls suggest me.
I am 22 years old female I had lost my virginity, Is there any treatment available for this to show myself virgin.
Hello doctor I am a girl last 2days in vagina I have infection bahut jalan hoti he can you please help me?
I am 23. Got my 1st period wen I was 14. It was quite irregular. Since last 6-7 months my periods become very very regular all by itself. But again since 2-3 months I was having scanty periods. And this month I dint get my periods. I am not sexually active. I know I may need to get sm detailed tests done and I ll visit a gynecologist in person but I just wanted to know is there something to be worried about this?
Hi I have missed my periods for 53 days. I have taken two pregnancy test the result is negetive. I didnt have any pregnancy symptoms. I have little white discharge, back pain and leg pain. Am I pregnant?
My periods have been irregular from past 6 months, what could be the reason. Earlier my cycle was avg 35 days, post marriage was almost same, now this month abt 54 days done wit no periods yet. How to regularize periods.
Hello Sir /madam I have a q for my Mother, today she had sudden bleeding in morning but she do not have any monthly periods since 7 years. Today suddenly she had in morning she is also facing indigestion and constipation issues from 2-3 months and have feeling of ulcers in mouth for 2-3 days. whatever she eats she feels feeling of full stomach and also do not feel hungary .Please suggest me what should be done ?which Dr. shall I consult? Last year she qas diagnosed of mild liver enlargement. But before such diagnose. She suffered from cold and cough and after medication of cold n cough she had sudden Vomit and indigestion. So is it possible that liver enlargement occurred due to heavy doze of medicines? Or there was any other reason. I really can not understand to which Dr. shall I consult?
Im 18 years old n my periods started very early when I was 12 years old. My height is 150 cm n I want increase my height. I did gyming for 1 years to increase my height (no weight training) bt it was ineffective! Are there any chances? If yes what can I do for it?
Hello I am 26 years old lady. I am married since 2 years. I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle problem. I have taken many medicines but no positive results. The gap between two cycles is almost 2 and half to 3 months. No abdomen pain as such but no monthly periods as well. This problem is disturbing my day to day activities. And not able to concentrate on anything. Can you help me to come out from this?
Hello I am 21 years of age 3 days after my last period I had unprotected sex and my partner ejaculated in me. 3 weeks later I took a pregnancy test it said negative at first then the next morning I looked at it it had a fainted positive line I have been urinating often which is followed by abdominal cramps butt yesterday I saw my period which is accompanied buy abdominal cramps but prior to my period a week before I was feeling cramps can you please help me and tell me what is wrong or if I'm pregnant.
While me & my bf were talking about sex through phone I got bleeding in my vagina. I thought its fluid but it is blood. It's is not periods because it was 8 days ago. Bleeding was only at that time.
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments.