Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prema Krishnaswamy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema KrishnaswamyYour feedback matters!
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
It hurts to pee and I have a rash between my legs. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend thinks k should go to the hospital and see if I have any STDs cause he has one. I'm not really sure what I should do at this point.
Sir, I want to ask for sexual problem. Sir konse time me ek lady pregnant ho sakti without condoms I mean cycle me sex kerne se ya cycling se pehle ya bad me please tell me correct time of pregnancy?
When endometrial tissue goes out of the uterus in women, then endometriosis occurs. In most of the cases, lower tummy and pelvic areas of women show the prominent symptoms of this disease. Symptoms of this disease can be either severe or mild but immediate medical diagnosis is required so that unwanted symptoms can be effectively prevented.
Surgery, hormone treatment and painkillers are the most prominent treatments that can deal with the concerned trouble, but you can also follow a few natural therapies in this respect. Excessive intake of contraceptive pills can be one of the leading reasons for endometriosis, but you can also inherit this from your family or ancestors.
List of the symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Painful periods: If pain continues throughout the periods, then you get yourself checked as you may have developed endometriosis. These pains can even be quite severe making the situation quite troublesome to bear. If you find that you are facing unusual menstrual pain, then you should not delay and rather immediately consult your nearest gynaecologist.
- Bleeding periods: Sometimes, bleeding periods can be one of the clear symptoms that can help you to recognize the arrival of endometriosis. Therefore, if you notice excessive bleeding, then you should consult any specialized doctor immediately.
- Pregnancy difficulty: Reduced fertility might create a greater trouble for conceiving, and thus you might get deprived bearing children. This is one of the most prominent or highlighting symptoms of endometriosis. Endometriosis clumps interrupt egg passage as a result of which the eggs cannot reach the fallopian tube via ovary. You can take the help of your gynaecologist so that the clumps can be reduced with the help of proper treatments.
- Pelvic area and abdomen pain: You will often experience a worse kind of pain, especially in the pelvic and abdomen areas during and before periods. Sometimes, the pain might even linger after the menstrual period is over. There are many women who take medications for reducing this kind of pain, but this is not the right procedure, rather proper treatment is needed for getting complete recovery on a permanent note.
- Painful sex: You will face a lot of troubles while making intercourse or sexual interaction with your partner, and this pain can be even severe at times. If you are facing painful sex for a long time, then you should immediately report the same to any experienced medical professional.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 6 weeks pregnant through ivf. Before starting ivf my tsh level was 5. 5 and sugar was 88. But after 6 week pregnancy tsh is 17.5 and blood sugar is 108. I have a lot of ivf medicines nowadays. I am taking eltroxin 125 already. Totally confused. Please advise.
As many as 75% of infections in women and 50% of infections in men have no symptoms associated with the Chlamydia whatsoever. Chlamydia is a type of STI. Sexually transmitted infections (STI) or diseases. It is extremely common due to the ease with which it spreads. Also, the fact that there are often no symptoms associated with Chlamydia makes it even harder to diagnose and deal with. However, there may be a few observable symptoms such as:
Symptoms in men:
1. There is a little discharge from the penis which tends to be clear or cloudy
2. Urination becomes painful
3. The opening of the penis begins to burn and itch
4. Your testicles begin to swell and pain
Symptoms in women:
1. Similar to men, women have a discharge from the vagina, which has a bad odor
2. Between periods, bleeding may occur
3. Periods become painful
4. Fever and abnormal pain
5. Sex becomes painful
6. Similar to men, urinating becomes painful
7. Around the vagina, there is an itching or burning sensation
Treatment for Chlamydia:
The following steps are taken for the treatment of Chlamydia:
- Antibiotic prescription: The first step is prescribing antibiotics to the person suffering from the infection. These antibiotics tend to be oral, in nature. Usually, azithromycin or doxycycline is prescribed.
- Checking and treating the partner of the patient: Once the doctor has diagnosed Chlamydia, he will immediately check your partner to make sure that he or she is not infected and if he or she is then the doctor will treat your partner as well.
- Treatment for severe infections: This infection mostly occurs in women. The treatment given to women with severe infections includes intravenous antibiotics, pain medicine and hospitalization.
- Follow up visits: These are usually scheduled three months later to make sure that there is no reinfection or further complication related to sexual infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.