Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema E Jayanthi DavidYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old. I'm suffering from following problems:-? Jaw lock while sleeping? weakness in eyes & head? teeth paining while going upstairs? irregular periods & having a simple follicular cyst in left ovary of approx. 2.1?4.2cm.
For most people, the natural progression of life includes meeting a suitable partner, getting married and having children. However, for some people, this last part can be tricky. The inability to conceive children after having well timed, unprotected intercourse for a year is known as infertility. Infertility is not a disease, but can be managed in a number of ways, including hormonal treatment, in vitro fertilization, surgery and homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root of the problem and hence is a viable form of treatment for this condition. It treats the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of a person. Homoeopathy treats infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation cycles
- Balancing hormones
- Increasing sperm count
- Reducing stress
- Dealing with anxiety and depression
- Reducing negative thoughts and emotions
The key to treating infertility is to determine the cause of this condition. To this effect you and your partner may need to be tested for hormonal problems, the condition of your fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids and sperm density. The results of these tests and your constitution will determine the best form of homeopathic treatment for you. Some homeopathic remedies used to treat infertility are:
- Sepia: This homeopathic remedy is useful in cases where the woman has a tendency to miscarry the fetus. It can also be used to treat a prolapsed uterus and vagina and to regulate ovulation. It can also be prescribed to enhance a man’s libido.
- Sabina: Women suffering from recurrent miscarriages may be treated with Sabina especially in cases where the miscarriage occurs in the third month of pregnancy. It is also prescribed in cases where periods are profuse and bright red in colour, and for women who suffer from inflammation of the ovaries and uterus after an abortion.
- Aurum: Infertility triggered by depression, and negativity can be treated with this homeopathic medicine. It is also beneficial in cases where an increased blood pressure is responsible for infertility. Additionally, it can help treat an enlarged or prolapsed uterus and painful swelling of the testicles.
- Phosphorus: If uterine polyps are the root cause of your infertility, phosphorus biochemic supplements can be beneficial. This supplement is also used in cases where anxiety and stress cause infertility.
These homeopathic remedies can be used on their own or in combination with other medicines. When it comes to homoeopathy, there is no one-size-fits-all remedy. Although it has negligible side effects, you should not self medicate to treat infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I want to know that abortion is done with medicine or any other process is done how much abortion process will take.
A spider has bitten me. It is very itching and a small swelling is there. I am feeding my 3 month old baby. Will this affect my baby? What is treatment for this spider poison?
Hello doctor, I am 24 year girl. I am not sure about my pregnancy. I checked 2 times with prega news but report is negative. And most important thing is I miss my period last 2 month. Any other trick for check my pregnancy test. (Prega news is given 100% true result?)
While fucking my girlfriend my condom was torn and sperms has gone inside her vagina and I have done sex with her many times without using condom will she be pregnant and if she will so which medicines will help her out.
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life. Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old having irregular periods. But trying to conceive. Maximum On 20th day of my period I'm getting thick white discharge like curd. Is this my ovulation? Or else how can I found my ovulation time? Please help me asap.
Hi doctor. I got married 2 months ago. We don't want use any protection while having intercourse. My partner doesn't want to take I pill also so please let us know the precautions to have sex without any protection and avoid pregnancy.
I am 19 yrs old I had sex with my boyfriend a month ago. I had i-pill after that and got periods in 2 days but now after those periods I am getting a brown colour discharge daily and my this periods hadn't come yet. What may be the problem with me?
I want to conceive Thz month they will be any chances of getting pregnancy if we have intercourse bcz my bleeding very light nd 2 and 1/2 days suggest me.
Plz tell me what a issue create with me. My wife is not pregnant. We both do all types of sex. But one thing that is regularly repeat with me. In the last the sex is over. The sperm fallen down outside from vagina. . please suggest me.
Infertility has significant social impact on india. Evaluation of male should occur simultaneously with female partner when there is no pregnancy after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Semen ananysis is not a test of fertility. Fertility is couple related phenonmenon. The patient can not considered fertile only on the basis of normal semen analysis. It was shown that 30% of patients with normal semen analysis have abnormal sperm function. Semen anaysis should be performed according to 2010 who guidelines.
Male fertility problems ranges from decreased production of sperm (oligospemia) motility defect (asthaenospermia) morphology defect (teratospermia) or non-measurable level of sperm (azoospermia) which is diagnosed in 2% of general population. Azoospermia is one of the major reproductive disorders which causes male infertility in humans. Genetic factors are responsible for 1/3 rd case of azoospermia. There are two types of azoospermia obstructive and non-obstructive.
Obstructive azoospermia is defined as absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate despite normal spermatogenesis and affects 6%-13.6% of infertile male while non-obstructive azoospermia is most severe form of azoospermia which affects 10% of infertile male.
Sperm retrived can be achieved in case of azoospermia through pesa (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration) mesa (microscopic epididymal sperm aspiration) tesa (testicular sperm aspiration or micro tese (microscopic testicular sperm extraction).
The appearance of 5 th edition of who manual (2010) is radical shift in understanding fertility in men. The 5 th edition of the who manual for semen analysis includes for first time reference values for human semen characteristics. Sperm counts >15 m are considered normal which means fertility is possible although it is imp to remember that higher values up to >140 m are known to increase fertility probability, values between 15-140 m represents a category of male subfertility.
Introduction of icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or testtube baby has brought hope for men when severe male factor infertility and provide them chance to become biological fathers.
I have irregular periods and hormonal imbalance I have tried a lot to loose weight but I can't so please guide me.
Paneer Vs Tofu - Find Out Which is Better For Your Body?
Paneer and Tofu - the similar looking foods come with their own sets of nutrients, along with being extremely beneficial at warding off diseases. In terms of preparation, while paneer is made from curdled buffalo milk, tofu is prepared from soy milk.
Here's a nutrient guide to help you pick one over the other.
1. Iron content
When it comes to the iron content of these two foods, tofu comes out as the winner. Tofu contains 5.4mg of iron per 100gm, while paneer's iron content is just 0.1mg per 100gm. For this reason, the soy product is extremely beneficial for individuals who suffer from anaemia as it is high in iron content and can help in maintaining optimum levels of blood haemoglobin.
2. Protein content
Especially for vegetarians, paneer is one of the best sources of protein. Every 100 gm of this dairy product is found to contain 18.3 gm of protein. In contrast, tofu offers only 6.9 gm of protein. If you are planning to put on weight or pursue a muscle building regimen, paneer is a source of protein that you can consider. It aids in muscle building as well as reduces muscle damage caused by wear and tear.
3. Fat content
Along with high protein content, paneer is also known to come with a high fat content. Every 100gm of paneer contains about 20.8gm of fat content. Tofu, on the other hand, contains only 2.7gm of fat every 100gm. Due to its low fat content, tofu is an excellent health option for weight loss.
4. The 3 Cs: carbohydrate, calcium and calorie content
In terms of carbohydrate, calcium and calorie content, both tofu and paneer clock different figures.
Even though paneer is made from milk, its levels of carbohydrate are low. Since the carbohydrate content in paneer is about 1.2gm, it is a friendly food option for diabetics. Tofu, on the other hand, has a carbohydrate content that is double to that of paneer (2.4gm).
Calcium content is extremely high in paneer with every 100gm of paneer offering 208mg of calcium. Due to its high calcium count, paneer is extremely useful to build strong teeth and bones. In contrast to the high calcium content of paneer, tofu records about 130mg of calcium.
Lastly, both tofu and paneer have different calorie counts with paneer reporting a higher calorie count than tofu. For every 100gm of serving of tofu and paneer, tofu has 62 calories and paneer comes with 265 calories. Since it has a low calorie count, tofu is the perfect weight loss food.
In terms of which one is a healthier food option, it depends on certain factors. If you are planning to lose weight, tofu is a better option.
But if you're planning to build muscles, paneer presents itself as a better option. This is because paneer contains high calcium and protein content. Keeping the pros and cons in mind, you can choose to include either one or both in your diet. Although when it comes to paneer, moderation is the key.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.