Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prem Kumar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
Medical hairline tattoo or scalp micro pigmentation is a pigmentation method of the scalp. The pigment is applied at the epidermis of the scalp that results in the re-appearance of the hair follicles. The number of sitting required is dependent on the extent of pigmentation required. Micropigmentation is one of the most popular and natural ways to regrow hair.
Who is an ideal candidate?
This is a form of treatment is suitable for people of all ages, any stage of hair loss, any skin types, and color. A normal person has close to 2000 hairs in each square inch. Thinning of hair can result in premature aging, depression, and dogmas. This is where scalp micro pigmentation comes into the picture. It can completely restore full hair to a person who has lost almost all hair.
How many sessions are required?
It typically takes 3-4 sittings to complete the whole process of scalp micro pigmentation. Each session can take up to 3-4 hours. One week of a gap in between is necessary to continue the session. The whole process works subtly with a slow hair filling process. This can take up to a month to show results. The process includes a cartridge containing 3 needles that inject the epidermal layer of the scalp. The spacing of the pigment is then determined by copying the remaining natural follicles.
What is this process capable of?
Scalp micro pigmentation can successfully instill a youthful look to a person. It can stimulate a full front hairline, it can hide all symptoms of alopecia, camouflage any scar resulting from accident or hair transplant surgery, hide birthmarks, previous scars etc.
What are the conditions scalp micro pigmentation can address?
- Crown balding: This is one of the common degenerative hair balding and thinning process. It makes a person looks aged and takes away self-confidence in the process. Scalp micro pigmentation can rejuvenate the crown and restore the old hair in a bald person.
- Hair Receding: This is another form of baldness. In this condition, the hair from the front portion degenerates. Scalp micro pigmentation can successfully restore the hair for this form of baldness.
- Restore complete hair loss: For a person who has completely lost all hair and seems like no hope to restore the old hair, scalp micro pigmentation can come handy. It can successfully restore the hair in such cases.
- b Diffused hair loss can be a problem for people of any age. It interrupts the hair cycle, creates nutritional deficiencies, emotional stress. Scalp micro pigmentation can effectively address all these problems are increasing the density of hair in a person. What’s more, it can ensure that the hair stays on the scalp for a number of years. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A head louse is an insect that lives on the human scalp and feeds on human blood. The female louse lays eggs in the head and makes sure the eggs are attached to the hair shaft. It takes around eight days for the egg to hatch. The louse takes another 11 days to mature into an adult louse.
The primary cause of head louse is poor personal hygiene. Other causes due to which a person can be infected by lice are:
- Using combs and towels that are infested.
- Coming in contact with another person who has this condition.
- Sharing the bed with a person who is affected by lice.
When a person is affected by this condition then the following symptoms are observed:
- The saliva of the lice causes an allergic reaction in the scalp which leads to constant itching. It can occur in various places such as ears, scalp and the neck. It may not occur initially, but it tends to occur after a few weeks.
- Constant scratching can lead to formation of small red bumps on the skin. A bacterial infection usually occurs from constant itching.
- It may lead to symptoms of dandruff in the scalp.
- Presence of various insects in the scalp.
Prevention of Lice:
Lice can be prevented by using medicated shampoos and conditioners to wash the hair. The shampoos are usually based on a chemical called pyrethrin. This compound is toxic for lice and helps in getting rid of it.
You can also opt for the following lifestyle changes to prevent lice:
- You should avoid sharing your hairbrush with others.
- In case you have long hair, tie it in buns or ponytails.
- Add tea tree oil to your shampoo before using it.
- Keep the scalp clean to prevent infestations.
- Avoid sharing pillows and clothes. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.