Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi my wife has delivered a baby on 5th of aug 2016. So after how many days I can perform sex with her.
Hi I have missed my periods for 53 days. I have taken two pregnancy test the result is negetive. I didnt have any pregnancy symptoms. I have little white discharge, back pain and leg pain. Am I pregnant?
Sir naturally I eat apples rare. And papayas n bananas are in our home only. So will you give me the diet about these two. N these two will work for irregular periods those who have. Please give me the diet chart in a week how many we have to take. Thank u.
Hello Doctor, I am 34 years old. I want to conceive for my first baby now. This month my period has started on 10 th. It stays maximum 4 days. Now my question is that, when will be the right date to conceive for a baby boy before my next month period?
I had daughter of 11 years, she is getting periods for every 20 days. So please suggest some home medicine for her.
I am a married women and last month I missed my pregnancy. I tested with I-can pregnancy test kit, the result was negative. Actually I and my husband do not have a planning for a baby. As the result was negative so what should I do. Should I take a medicine to make the period occur or should I wait for the periods to come itself.
2014 June she got married. She had regular periods. But she didn't pregnant. She had all check up and his husband also. No problem for both. What can we do, 13th day injection also she had 3months before. But it is also failure pls give further treatment Dr.
Cricket is the most famous and close to the heart game for most of the people in India. Any injury to any player is a big hit to the entire team's performance. While cricket is a major sport in the country, sportspersons from other games too have begun to make a mark in the international arena. It is because of this, we have come to hear about sports injuries much more than ever before, with injuries to cricketers still heard most often.
What are the types of injuries related to Cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- Hamstring strain
- Low back pain
- Side strain
- Shoulder pain
- Sprained ankle
How does Physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body. The muscular part is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- Education and advice - Tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- Movement and exercise - Aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- Manual therapy - A therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- Other techniques - These include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports-related injuries that can be effectively treated with physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
Hello, m 19 years old and I have got cysts in my ovaries. I know it is common in teenagers But what scares me is m HV following symptoms from weeks: Continuous chest pain, bloating, pain while pooping, sensational feeling after urine, smelly discharge, back pain, indigestion (in ultrasound report they mentioned I have mild thickening of colon at lower abdomen). I want to know is there something serious cos normally cysts don't pain and these are also the symptoms of ovarian cancer.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.