Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old. On medical check up, doctors diagnosed prostate enlargement (55 /58) and prescribed some medicines such as Deutas and prolif which still I continue. Should I continue the medicines or go for surgery?
From last two days I am feeling itching while excreting waste through anus and also bleeding along with waste, what is this happening to me please I am very sad.
Heart ka niche wala right gall bladder sikud gya h or uske karan niche wale left gall bladder mai sujan aa gyi h?
I am 64 yrs. Men. Having problem in kidney and urine path. Last two day's getting pain in left kidney + bladder and pitutary gland. Consult local Dr. He gave me tab. Drofem, tab. Zifi200 drofem: drotaverine hydrocloride and mefenamic acid zifi200: cefixime citralka liquid: disodium hydrogen citrate syrup kindly advise me. I am taking coconut water and lime juice and getting relief.
I am 30 years old and there is itching in my anus due to reddish discharge from surrounding of anal and soft tissues come out last few month I am facing constipation and gas problem also.
I went to the doctor for frequent urination problem. They tested CUE, FBS, PLBS. The reports for CUE is nil. And the report for FBS is 72 test value and for FLBS the test vale is 162. Now I gave another test HBALC what does it mean its really diabetes.
I am a 65 years old male. Recently I was diagnosed to be suffering from prostate gland (frequent urination) and the doctor advised me to go for an operation. Kindly tell me a treatment without operation is possible or not.
Sir I'm 26 year old, pichhle 20 dino se mai toilet jate time anus me halki khujlahat or dard feel kr raha hu. Baithne PR v dard hta h.ek funsi c ho gai h Jo thik nai ho rai. please suggest me what can I do? Kon c tblt khau? Or any cream?
Dear Sir, please advise if ESRD state of kidneys can be cured/reversed with Ayurveda. Do you have any practical case study. Would be obliged if you can help on this one. We can come for consultation if needed.
Respected Sir I am 32 years old lady. There is a stone in my right kidney. Pls tell me any solution. Its pain is unbearable. Pls SIR.
As I asked about my son suffering from nephritic syndrome he is 5 years old this is third time attack since last two years. Treatment in going on from PGI Chandigarh I want to ask you can we take second opinion from other .
I am a 71 year old man, healthy, active and strong. When having sex with wife, I prolong to make her reach her climax as she has circumcised her clitoris and labia minor. It takes time. But in the bargain, my corona becomes numb PERHAPS and do not reach climax, in the end! Please tell me whether it could be from Prostate, or else?
I had kideny stone of 3cm. Which was opreted in 2011.But today I have small stone in my kideny please guide me for feeding to solve my stone problem.I am also taking atennol 50 for hyper b.P.
My both the kidney was failed I am under dialysis I am suffering with two much of thirsty no urine output. Please advise me the diet chart list to control water intake.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"