Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathap SekharYour feedback matters!
I am having lesion in mouth (the roof area inside the upper jaw). It's become very tender. The only problem I am facing is difficulty in eating. It naturally gets cured also but after seven eight days.
Hello doc, i am 27 years old male. Suffering from mumps since 4 days. Face has swollen across jaw line. And there is pain also. Visited a doctor and having all the medicines but problem has not gone. Please advice what should i do
How much does it cost for braces. And regarding period of using it. I've already built up my teeth once. Does it have any effect on using braces.
I am 67 all my teeth are intact. The front teeth upper and lower are a little bit projecting. At this age is it possible to set it right. How to remove stains on the teeth? While chewing /masticating the food the side teeth touches the flesh of the mouth and gets pain. One dentist said slight chipping of the teeth so that it will not harm the sides of the mouth. Pl advise.
Mere uppar side ke do teeth se tooth brush karne time blood ata hai. Otherwise blood nahi nikalta hai. Ye problem 5 month se hua h par smajh nahi ata ki kaise kya karu.
Start early. Let your baby grow up cavity-free.
My dental is broken partly front side how much amount will require for removing the half teeth and put new one in same place ?
In my two teeth cavity is formed. Then how can i save my teeth in future onward. And hair are becoming white also can I save it?
3 days before my one upper tooth was removed. But both the tooths on both sides of removed tooth are little paining while chewing something.
Sir I'm 25 year old and I have a problem in my teeth. My teeth were cut from the gum and teeth end. What's this problem, please suggest me some remedy. Thank you.
i have a swelling in my gum located somewhere above my 2nd molar. Inspite of xray and catscan dentist is not able pinpoint the cause of this and which tooth is responsible.I have done root canal and reroute canal for all my right jaw upper teeth. Now only thing left is to pull out a tooth but dentist is unable to tell me which tooth to pull out .Can you help with advise.As i said extensive xray, catscan etc already done.
Just one spoonful of coconut oil has the ability to prevent your teeth from decaying and can help you clean them much better than regular toothpastes, and it doesn’t even have side effects like in the cases of mouthwash products and fluoride.
The strong effects of coconut oil were researched at the Athlone Institute of Technology, where Irish scientists found out that coconut oil can inhibit mouth bacteria, especially in cases of candida albicans.
How can coconut oil prevent tooth decay?
By destroying the candida albicans, it prevents your teeth from developing dental diseases. The growth of candida albicans is helped with processed foods and sugar, and can also lead to other illnesses related to the digestive system. The scientists discovered that coconut oil has strong effect on common bacteria that help in teeth decay, such as the S. mutans, which is the primary cause for bad teeth, and have suggested that the coconut oil enzyme is a powerful alternative to chemicals that we use to protect our teeth.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.