Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PranavYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
Respected Sir/Ma" am I am facing the problem of frequent mouth ulcers since one year. However I tried all home as well as all I pet him remedies, still could not get through. What should I do to eradicate it from the root?
1. Visit your dentist regularly.
Because diabetics are at a much higher risk of gum disease than the average patient, you should never miss a dental appointment. In fact, you should schedule regular checkups two to four times a year. With professional cleanings and regular examinations, common mouth conditions, such as ulcers, dry mouth, and infections can be controlled. To prevent bouts of low blood sugar, it may be a good idea to eat before you see your dentist. It is also crucial that you inform him or her of any oral problems you may be having -- no matter how minor they may seem.
2. Follow a strict oral hygiene regimen.
All diabetics should and really must brush and floss daily, preferably after every meal. This will help remove the plaque that can cause gum disease, thereby lowering your risk for mouth ulcers and infections. It is recommended that you complete your oral hygiene routine at least three times a day. Because your risk of oral infection is elevated, it is important to avoid aggressive brushing that can cause cuts and sores. You may even want to use a soft-bristled brush or an electric model for a safer, more comfortable brushing experience.
3. Control your blood sugar.
As we mentioned, sugar stimulates plaque growth, which causes tooth decay and gum disease. Because diabetics have more glucose (sugar) in their blood, they also tend to have a lot more plaque on their teeth. But if you can keep your blood sugar low, you can reduce your risk of periodontal disease.
4. Don't smoke.
In a perfect world, nobody would smoke -- especially people with diabetes. The unhealthy activity causes a laundry list of serious complications, including oral infections and periodontal diseases. According to dental professionals, smoking can more than double your risk of cavities and infections.
5. Clean your dentures.
If you have diabetes and you wear false teeth, you are more prone to developing oral thrush -- a fungal infection of the mouth. Typically caused by denture irritation or wear, thrush can be prevented with regular cleaning. It is also recommended that you remove your dentures in between meals to give any irritated tissue the opportunity to heal. Your dentist might also advise you to limit your sugar intake when your mouth is bothered or raw.
My age is 38 f i am a diabetic since 4yrs, my vision getting blurred, my teeth swells blood sometimes also giddiness. I am taking glimeperide 2mg if I go to some other doctor they also tell to take the same medicine only what to do?
Sir I have mouth ache. When I sleep my mouth one side also got sleep. Please tell me what should I do for it.
What could be causing pain in left side of head and ringing in left ear? And How long after a tooth extraction before eating and drinking?
Hi, I have irregular teeth like gaping among teeth. So what I do for this. I want it should be regular and equally all.
I have a problem my mouth. When I talk then locked my tooth. Place help. Sometimes pain my tooth side.
My mother is a liver cirrhosis child's A patient .with esophageal varices grade 2.for last few days her gums are bleeding heavily. Is it something to worry about? She also takes insulin for diabetes.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.