Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabha GanapathiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam, good morning my question is about sex. During the intercourse with my wife she felt that she is gone loo so please give me suggestion about this and if there is problem in this suggest me cure for that. Hope your week going well.
Pregnancy brings with it a set of challenges, and for a diabetic woman, these only increase further. Earlier, the risks of dealing with pregnancy and diabetes as a combination were too high. However, over the last few decades, things have changed. The age at which women are choosing to have a baby has gone up. On the other hand, the age of onset of diabetes has come down drastically.
These days, there are many diabetic women who go through pregnancy smoothly without major complications. Of course, there is extra care and precaution required, but it is not something that cannot be planned and managed well between the doctor and the mother-to-be.
The following are some rough guidelines for a pregnant diabetic woman.
- It increases the risk of polycystic ovaries, thereby making it difficult to conceive.
- Fluctuating sugar levels can be a reason for not being able to conceive, as the body does not see itself as healthy.
- It increased the chances of miscarriage.
- There are higher chances of birth defects in the developing baby due to very high sugar levels in the first trimester.
If you are planning for a pregnancy, meet with your doctor to review your sugar levels. Chalk out a plan with your doctor, taking into account your diet and nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medications.
- Diet: Ensure you cautiously decide what and how to eat ahead of your pregnancy. Moving away from refined carbohydrates and processed foods towards wholesome food items like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will make a difference.
- Exercise: Build an exercise routine to suit your body and keep yourself active. It is very important to stay active so that diabetes is under control.
- Lifestyle: Quit smoking and reduce alcohol use. This helps in managing stress also, which can help keep diabetes under check.
- Medications: Check with your doctor on the medicines you are taking and if dose adjustments are required to get sugar levels under control, plan them out.
During pregnancy, constant monitoring and vigilance is required to ensure diabetes is under control.
- Let your gynecologist know about your condition (stable/fluctuating), and if you are doubtful about them being able to handle your condition, do not hesitate to change.
- Many consider switching to oral medications as the risk of transmission to the baby is less and the control over sugar levels is better.
- Constant monitoring for daily blood sugars is essential.
- A regular, healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and sleeping should help keep the sugars under check.
- Constant monitoring of the baby is essential to ensure its normal growth with no developmental defects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Took unwanted 72 pill on 7th day of period on 2nd April. It started bleeding to her from last night. Is it abnormal? And what would be her next period date? Reply soon. Thanks.
I have irregular menstrual cycle. Its been 3 months since I got my periods. Sometimes, I have period which releases very less blood that I cannot identify that I got periods. Before 3 months, I consulted a doctor and she gave me some tabs and himalaya's medicine to keep my cycle in check. After her prescription, I got my periods regularly for a month. But then, it again stopped and I didnt have periods for 3 months now. Should I go for scanning? Whats the reason behind this?
Hello sir /mam I have white discharge before periods I m worries about, tell me what should I do that is serious or not?
Me and mare husband 4 months se try Kar Rahe hai baby ke Liye abhi tak khuchi nahi ho reha please help dr.
I am 7 month pregnant and I feel lil cramping or stretching kind of pain not all tym in my lower belly is it normal and my baby is okk na. I feel it lil vibration also in my vagina when the muscles gives a pinching kind of pain .is everything ohkk with it.
One man bloodgroup B (rh) and woman bloodgroup also same, if they can marry, if marry any problem in future life?
Hi, I am 25 years old guy, I have a relation for 3.5 years with my girl who is aged 20. This month for the first time we had a protected intercourse on 4 of nov, everything was normal as I dint ejaculate inside, and even I had sex for barely 3 min. Today date is 28th Nov, Mostly her periods come on 18th of every month, she is delaying her periods by 10 days, we both are worried, can you help can this be chance of pregnancy? Or something different ?Please your urgent help? Any pills you can suggest or any help. Thanks.
Today morning I suddenly feel very cold for 10 minutes. After taking blanket and I feel good. I am 4 and half month pregnant. Please tell me the reason for this.
Herbal iced tea with sabja seeds
A refreshing and cooling tea for hot summers
They are cooling and prevent heartburn and also relieves a bloated stomach. They are very good for digestion especially in a hot climate.
Herbal iced tea with sabja seeds: take 4 cups of water. Add two tablespoon of black tea or green tea leaves, 6-8 freshly cut basil leaves and heat till the tea boils. Strain tea and refrigerate. To this add 1 large lemon juice. While serving add soaked sabja seeds to this and garnish with slice of lemon or cucumber.