Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhaYour feedback matters!
Mujhe 6 year se allergy hai har tarah ke doctors ko dikhaya, skin allergy nahi miti allergy se mere face pe dane bhi ho gaye hai. please help me.
For past 2 days my health is down and yesterday water blisters (dull red) start erupting firstly on head followed by back ,chest and face. Fever and headache too and today chest and back pain also started WHAT TO DO?
Hi! I have pigmentation marks or don't know acne marks on my face and under my arms fats. How to get rid of these? Please assist me. Thank you
Hair loss has become a major problem for many nowadays. Often lack of proper care and knowledge about hair care products causes damage to hair and eventually hair loss. It is also a common side effect of other health-related conditions or medications for those conditions. Hair loss can be treated with the help of ayurvedic herbs which not only nourish your hair but also promote hair growth. Following is a list of ayurvedic herbs which are beneficial in fighting hair loss:
1. Bhringaraaja - This herb is considered to be a very effective in hair loss treatment. It can be taken internally and applied externally in the form of bhringaraaja oil. It promotes growth of hair and prevents premature graying. Bhringaraaja is known to reverse the effect of balding and also acts as an excellent form of rejuvenator.
2. Brahmi - Brahmi can be used as a hair pack combined with curd or it can be mixed with coconut oil as per preference. It is known for adding both length and volume to hair.
3. Amla - Amla is used as an important ingredient to treat hair loss. It is rich in antioxidants and loaded with vitamin c. You can use powdered amla along with henna and curd and apply it as a hair pack for best results.
4. Neem - Neem is very popular to treat both skin and hair problems. It is a natural treatment against lice and dandruff. It helps to keep hair healthy and stimulates hair growth.
5. Ritha - Ritha is a form of natural soap which can be used in powdered form to massage your scalp. It helps to get rid of the dirt and keeps your hair clean without taking away the natural oils from your hair. Make sure you thoroughly wash your hair after application.
Please suggest me home remedy to make the curly and unrully hair soft and shine and to over come split ends. Using natural and home based treatment.
Please suggest me good medicines for male pattern baldness, as I am suffering from alopecia area which doesn't have any side effects & can give good results.
Pitted keratolysis is a skin condition that affects the soles of your feet. As a result of this disease, the skin on the forefoot or heel turns white with pitted clusters. This is often accompanied by an offensive odor and is worse when the skin is wet. This odor is the main reason patients seek treatment for this skin condition. If left untreated, this can last for many years.
People who suffer from excessive sweating and those who wear closed shoes for extended durations have a high risk of suffering from this condition. Pitted Keratolysis is a bacterial infection where the bacteria multiply in moist conditions and release enzymes that destroy the horny cells of the foot soles.
With time, this turns into characteristic crater like pits on the skin. They also produce sulphur compounds simultaneously that lead to the odor.
Treatment for this skin condition can be categorized under medicinal treatments and home remedies.
- One of the ways to treakt this disease is to treat the hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating that triggers it.
- Topical fusidic acid ointments or clotrimazole ointments can also provide some relief.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics to clear stubborn lesions.
- Other treatment options include anti-bacterial soap and injectable botulinum toxin. Using a strong antiperspirant with aluminum chloride can also resolve the issue.
- The first thing you must do if you suffer from this condition is keep your feet dry. Wearing socks with your shoes is a good idea as this keeps your feet dry and ventilated. Thus, keeping the bacteria from multiplying. After having a bath, pay special attention to drying your feet. You could even use a hair dryer on your feet.
- Wash your feet with soap and water at least twice a day. You could also use an antiseptic cleanser or antibacterial soap.
- Try and reduce the number of hours you wear closed shoes. Whenever possible, wear open toed sandals. Do not wear the same shoes for two days in a row without giving them time to dry out.
- If possible, change your socks at least once in the day.
- Do not share footwear or towels with anyone else.
- Apply antiperspirants to the soles of your feet.
- Soak your feet in half a bucket of water with 15-20 drops of tea tree oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.