Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poompavai K
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poompavai KYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 months old now. She is passing green stools twice a day. Is it normal though I am breastfeeding? What is the reason for this? Please prescribe any medicine.
My daughter is 6 yrs old, born premature but always ill in every two months. Cough cold stomach pain viral fever. I consulted many pediatric but no use she is very slim under weight but active. She don't to eat fruits vegetables milk products. Please give me right advice & good health tonics. Thanks sir/ mam
Crying is often considered as a good sign for babies, especially when the baby is too small to talk about how he or she may be feeling. Crying is often an indicator that the baby is hungry or sleepy. But if your baby is crying a lot, it could also mean that he or she is in pain or distress. Blocked nasal passages, sudden shock, colic and indigestion problems are some of the most common problems that can cause frequent and constant crying. Homeopathy is a holistic approach that can help in treating persistent crying when it comes to babies. Read on to know more.
- Chamomilla: This medicine can be used when the child is whining relentlessly. It can also treat fretful behaviour, as well as irritability. Also, this medicine can be used when the child needs constant carrying around and petting. When the child is never still and suffering from earache or headache, this medicine can be used too.
- Cina: Screaming children and their discomfort can be treated with Cina. This medicine can also be used to treat symptoms like moaning and coughing along with anxious behaviour. Also, when children gasp for air and end up turning pale, this medicine can be prescribed. Further, the doctor may prescribe this medicine when the child is having nightmares and not getting enough sleep.
- Causticum: This medicine is ideal for children who are extremely sensitive and cry at the smallest instance. In such cases, the child will be cranky because of the threat of pain or idea of pain, rather than the actual pain. This child will usually cry persistently because of a low threshold of pain. In such cases, this medicine can help.
- Rheum: Impatience and vehemence can be treated with the help of this medicine. In many cases the child will be cranky throughout the night and toss all night as well. The child may even be cranky with his or her favourite items and toys. Unpleasantness is usually a part of a child’s behaviour in such cases. Rheum can help in tackling this problem with regular doses.
- Belladona: This medicine is helpful for children who begin to cry violently as if he or she is in severe pain. Teeth gritting and screams are common symptoms of children who will require this medicine. This is especially helpful when the child is crying without any apparent reason.
- Aconite: When the child cries constantly and becomes anxious, Aconite can be used to help soothe the child. This medicine can also help in cases where the child is scared of falling off to sleep and is anxious.
Pcv and Rota vaccine was administered in 8 weeks. Next due date is after a month. Is it necessary to give second dose of the same vaccination?
My 12 years old daughter has some bone growth on left side of chin. It is slowly growing around two years from now. What should be done?
My 5.5 month old son has developed flat head on back side. Please tell some remedy to correct the shape of his head. I am very worried.
I feel my daughter who is 5. 8 years old a little depressed abt school going. . She is moody always. Finds silly reasons to avoid school .she says the teacher luks like a bear because she has a big mouth etc. She has become rude in class etc. She tells her teacher embarrasses her n speaks loudly to her n her co students From past 15 days age has not eaten properly nor she is happy. . She looks stressed. Frequency of stomach ache. . Mouth ulcers have become a problem to her now. Kindly tel me how to react and convince her. She even has a little brother. She likes him a lot but due to school issue she does not seem interested in him also. . Help.
Hello sir/mam. My baby is 15 months old and doesn't want to drink plain milk. Can I use Hershey's syrup in her milk. Does it have any side affects. Thank you My second question is am 5 months pregnant and doesn't observe any movement in my tummy. Some Orthodox people use to say that if it starts moving after 5 to 6 months it may be a baby boy. Is that so? Please let me know. thanks.
My baby is sneezing and got a running nose, she's 5 months old. What are the homemade precautions we'll take to avoid different types of medicine?
Meri baby grl ko aj 5 days hi huye he and use bleeding ho rahi he urine k sath kya karu nd kyu ho rahi he.
My 10 year old son has asthma. He used asthma preventer. What is the effect of using asthma preventer long term? I heard that using this for year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any supplement or vitamin to help this vision?
My baby girl is 48 days old & on her left side breast nipple there is some kind of (funsi). I consult a doctor in max saket & as per her its normal & it will be clear by own by some time. So I need second opinion on this.
I'm 23 years old I had a Pilonidal cyst on my back with redness and lot of pain. Not able to sit and walk. Can you please suggest tablets and any remedies?
My son is of 1 year n 2 month but still he is not walking . Why doctor? ? And he is very weak what Can I do? ? Still 7 kg.Please tell.
I have a baby boy. He is 11 month. Uske left cheeks k niche down me red mole jaisa janm se hi h. Iska upaybataye pls ye kya h isse koi isue bhi h?
What is suitable time to give vitamin d3 drops and calcium syrup to infant. After meal or before meal. Kindly mention how many hour before or after meal. Because I found after giving vitamin to baby we feed her and she vomits immediately after feed. Vitamin dosage is the reason behind?
My daughter 2+ still she wont speak, she utter words but can not connect or complete the words. Very active but wont respond for our call. Any help.
Erythroblastosis fetalis is also known as haemolytic anaemia in the newborn. This occurs due to blood incompatibility in the mother and foetus. Due to this incompatibility, the antibodies present in the mother’s blood, will pass through the placental barrier and attack the blood cells of the foetus. This will lead to the destruction of the red blood cells of the foetus and it is likely to cause anaemia in the foetus. This condition varies from mild to very serious. In its moderate or severe stage, the erythroblasts or immature red blood cells are formed in the blood of the foetus and this disease is called erythroblastosis fetalis.
Why does it happen?
The two main causes of erythroblastosis fetalis are Rh incompatibility and ABO incompatibility.
- Rh Incompatibility: When the mother is Rh –ve and the father is Rh +ve, there is a good chance for the baby to be Rh +ve. The antigens present in the blood of the Rh +ve baby will behave like a foreign agent and the mother will produce antibodies against it. If it is the first pregnancy, then the child may not be at risk, however, if the second child ends up being of +ve blood group again, then the antibodies present in the mother’s blood will attack the baby and may result in a spontaneous abortion.
- ABO Incompatibility: This usually occurs when the mother’s blood group A, B, O does not match the baby’s. This causes fewer complications in comparison to Rh incompatibility, but it may be severe if the child has a very rare blood group.
How to avoid it?
It is a highly preventive condition. Firstly, you have not tested your blood group; it is advised to get it tested along with the blood group of the father. If you already know your blood group, then you must mention it to your doctor. If the father has negative blood group, then there will be no problem. However if the father is Rh positive, then it is advised to get routine tests done by the doctor.
The other preventive measure to take is a treatment called RhoGAM or the Rh immunoglobulin. It reduces the reaction of the mother to the baby’s blood cells. This shot is administered around the 28th week of the pregnancy. It is also administered 72 hours after the birth of the baby with the positive blood group.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!