Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PoojaYour feedback matters!
I am fair by the face but my hands and my legs are fully tanned it doesn't match my face. It's like I have a colourful body .I am fair by the face but my body isn't fair. And my joints are black and it looks sick. What am I supposed to do?
Sir. I am 64years old since 2010 suffering from proteinurea. Recently creatinine level is 1.8. Bun is 24mg. I am diabetic since 18years. And hypertension since 3 months. I am having single kidney by birth. Now I am using nephrosafe capsule and ramiprill h5mg. Please give. Me advice.
What are the symtomps for malaria and what are the precautions to be taken, and can you suggest the medicines.
I am a 23 years old guy, facing problems with dark and dull skin and acnes, please suggest me for better treatment.
I guess some limb has been grown in side my breast. I am really concerned regarding this. Kindly help me.
My husband is a Diabetic and on Insulin. 17 years back a Stent had been inserted after recurrent Heart Attacks. Now his Echo-radiography shows he has 20% LVEF. A Stent was Re-inserted at the same place.
I have blood pressure problem and my age 25 years old so now what can I do for control my blood pressure label.
I am 27, I am loosing my hairline front & both corners, please suggest how it could regained without any surgeries?
There are three little holes in my knee cartilage that are small but go clear to the bone. If I don't have these treated will they get worse?
Hello I had my period on June 30th2016, then on July 15th2016 and now on 22nd August 2016, further we have sex on daily basis. If everything ok? Secondly when should I have sex for pregnancy? Some one guided me to have on 1st September to 10th September alternate days. So pls advise can I have sex after 10th September also? Is daily sex harmful? I always fell my stomach is turning hot why so? I even have hair growth bon face? What should I do? Pls guide for all the above questions.
I am 22 year old and I have throat problem last 3 year I can't speak loudly with anyone. Also I have take some medicines from many doctor but there is no any changes occur. How I can solve this problem? please give me solution.
Hi, I am 19 now and I haven been able to gain weight. I am 42kgs and it sometimes lowers affects my confidence in public. Please help me out.
Causes and symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, which is characterized by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. The inflammation occurs in the tissue that normally produces lubricating fluids for the joint. This condition is progressive in nature, and can cause the destruction of joints, leading to functional and locomotive disability.
Though rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that can last for years, patients may not experience any symptoms for a long time. In some cases, the disease may affect other parts of the body like the eyes, lungs, and the heart.
The severity and duration of the symptoms are unpredictable, and the symptoms experienced are:
- At times, people experience increased disease conditions called flare-ups.
- They may also experience alternating periods when the symptoms fade or diminish, which is referred to as remission.
- Some of the common symptoms of the disease include lasting pain and stiffness for more than an hour in the morning, inflammation, fatigue, fever, and a general sense of discomfort.
- Inflammation in the joints close to the hands like wrists and fingers and other parts like neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and hips can also be affected.
- In some cases, both sides of the body are affected at the same time, which is known as inflammation in a symmetric pattern.
Rheumatoid arthritis is usually caused by the body's weakened immune system, which produces antigens to attack itself. The trigger to this reaction is not yet clearly deciphered.
It is diagnosed by clinical examination (American association of Rheumatology criterion) supported by relevant Investigations.
Management for Arthritis includes the following aspects:
1) To control disease activity and control of symptoms of pain, stiffness.
2) Medical treatment to prevent system effects of the disease.
3) Nonmedical treatments comprise of dietary therapy, physiotherapy, immunomodulation therapy.
4) Minimal surgical therapy like arthroscopic synovectomy to confirm the diagnosis as well as reduce disease activity. At times, with the advanced decline of joints, a major surgery like replacement therapy may be required for specific cases.
What's more important is to know that at any stage of the disease patient can adopt and live an active life with appropriate treatment.
Related Tip: 3 Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis to Watch Out for