Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ParvathyYour feedback matters!
My age is 80 years and large prostate. I am taking Dutas T for last 2-3 years and urine flow is mostly normal. Is Excess of Dutas T is harmful?
I often feel headache on my left part of the head from more than two years and especially it arrives in night. Can you tell the reason for that?
I'm a 26 year old male. I have had very severe, sharp pains in my upper abdomen that come and go. Sometimes so severe that I need to stay home and lay in bed. I work as a computer consultant and I'm a full time college student. I'm married and have a 6 month old son. I'm not taking any medications besides a daily vitamin, and I don't have any known allergies.
What is treatment for itchy running nose with lots of sneezing followed by chest congestion and wheezing during nights due to allergy? Pl suggest me. How to get rid of it. It is for almost last 20 years. I am 42 years old employee.
Sir my dick size 5 inch ,how can I doing it is big fat ?please help me sir, because my girlfriend already said if you not big n fat doing your dick, she not doing sex n her leaving, sir please give me solution?
I have black mark like dot on my penile glan. Doc has replied. Its a penile melanosis. It is flat. Got it before 3 weeks back. Do I need to worry. Or what procedure do I need to follow.
I am 35 years have diabetes last 4 years I use homeyo but not controlled sugar levels now fasting 190 after food 270 please tell medicine.
From last 5 year in my face there is so many pimples. I consulted so many doctors, he suggest me medicine and cream but its not worth. Last month I consulted one of the Lybrate doctor. He gave me a list of creams and facewash worth rs. 2500. I bought all and applied in my face. But my problem is not solved. Most of the pimple on my head. And according to my understanding its may be because of my stomach or may be hormonal problem. So please suggest me some medicine to getting rid of pimples.
I frequently feel weight for head and loose balance after I get up from somewhere after resting for so long. Why is it so? Please advise.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.